July 2014 Moms
Options

First pregnancy-so miserable

This is my first pregnancy and I'm so miserable. I'm in my 12th week and am so sick and depressed with all the changes. I'm so sick of hearing "you'll get through it" and "it's totally worth it" I can barely work because if the sickness and it's a very new job. I just want to feel normal again.

Re: First pregnancy-so miserable

• Options
    Pregnancy can be extremely hard on some women. It can feel so debilitating, it really is miserable.  Hopefully your morning sickness will let up with the 2nd trimester approaching. Hugs. 
    DD 11/1/12
    DS 7/16/14
    DD Free from FPIES triggers as of 18 months! 
    Sweet potato, avocado, banana, mango, oats, wheat & rice outgrown.
    Dairy, soy, and peanut allergies outgrown! Allergic to eggs.
    DS MSPI, egg allergy
  • Options
    I'm with you! FTM and this first trimester had been difficult - I'm 12 weeks. I swear being nauseous for 12 weeks straight is like psychological warfare and I'm losing faith there is an end in site. Plus the fatigue! My husband used to joke I had no off button. Now I can barely get through work and getting one task done in the evening before heading to bed. And I really miss enjoying food! Oh...and now starting last week I wake up every morning with a headache...WTF is that all about. I cried last night because around 9pm I got super nauseous and I knew I needed to eat something to feel better and everything sounded gross. Feeling normal would be awesome! The H has been amazing about it all. My mother however this morning told me to suck it up and feel blessed we got pregnant so easily. I was bringing bad karma on myself. I hung up on her. I do feel blessed. But that doesn't mean that this isn't difficult!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My 1st pregnancy was the same, absolutely miserable. I just wanted to say that one day you will feel better, maybe in 2nd tri, maybe after you deliver...but the day will come, I promise. I mean, I'm crazy enough to get pregnant again which is a testament to the fact that in the end you may forget some of the crappy details and do it all over again.
    One direction photo: One Direction gif onedirectiongifmacarenaey_zpsbdaf903f.gif
    DS born 3.12 
    DD born 7.14
  • Options
    flajewelflajewel member
    edited January 2014
    I have been trying to laugh it off, but yes I keep saying: nobody tells you how much pregnancy sucks! I heard all about labor and delivery issues but pregnancy is no fun at all! Not for me anyway. In the beginning I was wired constantly, couldn't sleep and was nauseated non stop. Now, I'm extremely gassy, smelly, headachy, exhausted, sore... This sucks lol
  • Options
    This is the worst trimester, it sucks, it makes me not want to have another very bad. Last time I was sick and working a lot, so it was really hard to take care of me. this time, being a WAHM/SAHM it's much easier to listen to my body and take it easy. I know working, you don't have that luxury, but if you have sick days, take them!   Be easy on yourself at home. I also found more protein has helped MS, but everyone is different, every preg. different.

I have a friend who has been diagnosted with PTSD due to Hyperemmisis (sorry I can't spell that)- HEG, right? She has 3 and this final child put her over the edge. She was on IV's all pregnancy, though. I keep ppl like that in mind, and realize most of us will be better by the end of the first tri, maybe a bit into second.

Hang in, it's totally worth it...many of us have been deathly ill with our first children, but we haven't hesitated on the second. It DOES get better- so much so it's worth the trouble again.
    imageimage"">

• Options
    kmawbkmawb member
    edited January 2014
    msyphard said:
    Oh...and now starting last week I wake up every morning with a headache...WTF is that all about.

Do you happen to still sleep on your back?  As you get farther along sleeping on your back can put pressure the inferior vena cava and lead to headaches/lightheadedness/numbness in some cases it can also lead to blackouts. 

If you are still sleeping on your back maybe try sleeping on your side (a body/pregnancy pillow can help) to see if the headaches go away.  If you're not sleeping on your back or the headaches persist talk to your doc, it can also be a sign of blood pressure issues.  On a bright note, in 2nd tri the hormones calm down and alot of women who get headaches in 1st tri get relief.

AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I have been! I can't seem to help it. I will go get a pregnancy pillow tonight. Thank you!!
  • Options
    Hope it helps @msyphard!
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I feel exactly the same way.  I'll be 12 weeks on Friday and between my all-day sickness, intense constipation, headaches, and insomnia, I am completely miserable.  I've always wanted to be a mom, wanted 3 or 4 children, but now I'm seriously considering an only child or adopting the 2nd.  I feel like no one prepared me for how bad this was going to be....the labor yes, but not the sickness.  I can't work and haven't left my house without seriously regretting it in 6 weeks.  If this doesn't get better soon, I might go crazy!!
    BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I completely understand. This pregnancy is worse than my first and I was pretty miserable from about weeks 5-11. Then one day last week I woke up feeling like a new person. I'm still tired and the morning sickness comes and goes, but its nothing like the all day, every day nausea. It will get better eventually.

Sometimes I don't feel like the "just think of the baby, its all worth it" comments help. I had one or two people say stuff like that to me when I was feeling really horrible and down and it made me feel like less of a human being. Like I'm just a vessel and my feelings don't matter, if that makes any sense. I know I'm doing this all for the baby, but my quality of life certainly diminished the last few months. It gets depressing feeling shitty all the time. At least we all have each other to commiserate.

July 14 May Siggy Challenge: Cute Animals
    imagelambs photo: lambs lftsidemovies5.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I can totally agree with all of these comments.  Don't get me wrong, I feel so blessed to be pregnant.  We were TTC for over 3 years and I do not take it for granted.  However, it is very hard to enjoy when you don't feel like yourself.  

Even the slightest task is a huge struggle (namely eating/drinking) and my work load is through the roof because I have missed so much time.  I hate that I am dependent on zofran to function. And to top it all off the zofran is making me so constipated (which I don't know how because I am barely eating!) that I feel even worse, as if that was possible.  I just can't wait for the second trimester when everyone says it improves.  So far I am not feeling this whole pregnancy glow business.  

I also feel very little support from anyone but DH.  I get a lot of "oh yes, I was nauseated too" or "I felt a little queasy when I was preggo" type comments.  I want to say ya, but did you puke at all hours of the day unable to keep food or drinks down?!  Erg.  I know people try, but sometimes it's nicer when they just say "ya, that really sucks".  Sooo... to all of us here in this thread - YA THIS REALLY SUCKS! :)
  • Options
    I would agree. This is my first and I am also miserable! I am finally out of the 1st trimester and still just hate the feeling of being "lazy" and I have gotten a horrible cold twice. I know one day I will feel better and I can not wait. But thinking about having another makes me want to cry! I am glad I am not the only one out there!

Hang in there ladies!

BabyFruit Ticker

Heather

Southern CA

2nd Pregnancy

May 2012 -- MC

Due Date July 5, 2014 <--- prayers for sticky baby 

• Options
    I'm there with you. I'm 12&4 today and the only word for it so far is MISERABLE. The worst for me is fatigue. I hate having no energy. Then the added headaches and nausea and occasional cramping. I know I could have it worse, but each experience is an individual one. We all know how blessed we are to be lucky enough to (finally) have sticky babies, but that doesn't mean the pregnancy roller coaster sucks any less. In the mean time, fingers crossed for better 2nd trimesters! [-O<

• Options
    I am so glad you all posted. I had a breakdown last night with my husband telling him I can not do this again. I have waited so long for this and with a couple losses behind us, everyone thinks I should just be grateful. I agree that psychologically I am completely on the losing end of this battle. I have so many prescriptions and non prescriptions that the pharmacist knows me personally now. Nausea, headaches, constipation, bloody noses, whole body itching (I have to sleep with gloves on) stuffed up nose, reflux, daily vomiting and incredible fatigue for over 8 weeks now. Throw in the occasional UTI, yeast infection and back spasms.
    My husband is the only one who has been supportive. I have stopped talking to everyone because I can't hear their crappy responses.
    I am thinking about taking a break from the bump boards because I can't read other peoples happiness right now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"