2nd Trimester
Options

Did the doc get all the views from your 18 week ultrasound?

Hi ladies - 

Had my 18 week ultrasound last week, and neither the tech nor the doc could get the baby in a profile view to check the pallet, lips, nose, etc. They asked me to come back in a couple of weeks. My OB says everything looks wonderful and that it's common. Did any of you need to come back for the doc to get additional views of the ultrasound?
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Did the doc get all the views from your 18 week ultrasound?

• Options
    I didn't have to but many many ladies from my bmb had to. It's pretty common, just depends on how cooperative baby is.
  • Options
    Yes I had to. They couldn't get a good view if the spine bc he was bouncing all over the place .
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yup, had to go back a second time for better pictures of the heart and spine.  Everything looked good on the second visit.
  • Options
    Cool - thanks Ladies!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    azaretsky said:

Hi ladies - 

Had my 18 week ultrasound last week, and neither the tech nor the doc could get the baby in a profile view to check the pallet, lips, nose, etc. They asked me to come back in a couple of weeks. My OB le says everything looks wonderful and that it's common. Did any of you need to come back for the doc to get additional views of the ultrasound?
    Yes. It happens. Both viable pg I had to come back for measurements.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Yes. I had a slightly inexperienced tech and a wiggly baby so even though a more experience tech came in to help finish my A/S they missed a couple of views of the heart and they were not able to get a picture of the whole spine. My OB said everything looks great (there were lots of heart pictures and pictures of most of the spine) but for completeness sake she is sending me back to get the standard shots.

My A/S was at 19 weeks and I am going back when I am 23 weeks.

I'm pretty excited about it actually, another chance to see my Lemon!
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • Options
    My little guy was stubborn and laying on his right side so they couldn't get one of the measurements on his heart. They are going to check it at my next appointment. It's no big deal.
    TTC since 10/11
    Me, 26- Normal. DH, 28- Low morphology (2-4%)
    August 2013 100mg Clomid+TI=BFP!
    Beta #1,2,3=136, 1351, 5328
    BabyFruit Ticker
    imageimage
  • Options
    I just had my anatomy scan yesterday and I have to have another ultrasound at my next appt because they couldn't get any views of the lower spine - baby was curled up into a little ball.
  • Options
    They couldn't get a clear view of the heart's outflow valve, but my dr said they probably won't schedule another US as everything else was completely normal and healthy. Bummer for me because I would have loved another glimpse at the LO!
  • Options
    They got all the views and pictures they needed of my twins at my ultrasound.  And we learned that the doc was wrong when he previsouly told us one boy and one girl...we are having twin girls!  It was a long ultrasound (at least an hour).  Computer crashed at the end and I had to have them email me the pictures since they couldn't print them for us.   

• Options
    LO was being stubborn. They sent me out to walk around and get something to eat.  They tried again later that day and it worked.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"