January 2013 Moms
Options

Wonder Week 55 - Leap 8

Gosh my DD is spot on with these things.  Over the last week she went from waking once a night (bliss!) back to 2x a night, has been throwing more tantrums and I have noticed that her play is changing... for example, instead of just chewing on her little people she has now been putting them in her little people car and little people house.  She will put them in the house, close the door, open the door and take them out, over and over.  Well I knew we had another wonder week coming but I couldn't remember when it was supposed to start.  Well I looked it up and the fussy period started this past week (surprise!) and is supposed to peak week 53 and pass after week 55.  It corresponds with the 13 month sleep regression.  Sounds like we are in for a party.  DD has followed these things to a tee and knowing they are coming has saved my sanity because I was constantly freaking out when her sleep would go to hell.  Anyway, has anyone noticed a change this past week or so?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Wonder Week 55 - Leap 8

• Options
    Oh yeah we are right there with you. It's been rough with the holidays and I know it is going to get worse when she starts dc again (I was off as I am a teacher).
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    oh yes.  she was sick and having a rough time but now she's still been sleeping like crap.  I thought it was teething but it could be a wonder week.
    William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes - DD is having toddler-style tantrums and revealing her inner drama queen!  It is so helpful to know it's a stage, it gives me so much more patience and allows me to love her through it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DS has just started throwing tantrums about being in his high chair this week. It surprised the heck out of me because his mood has always been jovial.

@spainy17: did you do anything to help your LO sleep longer? I know that you were struggling with frequent wakings. My little guy is still waking up every two hours.

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• Options
    DS just started throwing some SERIOUS tantrums. Shocked the heck out of me, he is such a sweet little boy. But he has started throwing things that we hand him if he doesn't want them, and has started smacking us when he is super upset and frustrated. I don't know how to deal with it.. He is too young to discipline of course, my mom, bless the last generation, suggested putting him in a time out.. Sigh. He isn't even a year old, i don't see that working. So we have been telling him no, and trying to redirect his energies but it just comes off as giving into bad behavior.. I don't know. I am ready for this phase to fizzle out for sure.

7/5/11 MC at 8 weeks. 5/17/12 BFP, twins EDD 1/20/13! 6/20/12 Baby B's heart has stopped beating. 8/31/12 Baby A is a boy! And is perfectly healthy and thriving. 1/19/2013 emergency c-section, Thoren is perfect. 3/1/2013 told i will never be able to conceive again. 12/16/13 told they were wrong! 

• Options
    URmysunshine77 ... I did not do anything beyond making sure DD is asleep when I put her down to bed and not running to her right away when waking at night. I know it is developmental because there is no rhyme or reason to her wakeups and I can hear her turn her music on and settle herself at other times so when she is bawling there is no crying it out. Whenever she isn't teething or a wonder week she just wakes once but any other time its twice or more. I pray once the teeth and the milestones slow down I'll have a chance at sleep but for now I am just holding on tight.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    And every two hours is brutal so I hope you get some better luck soon!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Right there with you all...
    Our little Samosa arrives in January!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    spainy17 said:
    And every two hours is brutal so I hope you get some better luck soon!!!
    Thanks @spainy17! I'd love for him to turn a corner at 12 months.

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• Options
    Can someone remind me where I can look these weeks up online again?  Thanks!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"