LGBT Parenting

trying to avoid freaking out yet

So I know I need to wait until something more definitive, but the midwife couldn't get a heartbeat on either Doppler or sono at my appointment today (10 weeks). We could see the baby on the sono and it looked *close* to the right size, but she's having me go to a sono place this afternoon for more definitive information. So I have four hours to try not to freak out. Gah.
Current pregnancy -
First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

Re: trying to avoid freaking out yet

• 10 weeks is really too early with a Doppler... Usually we don't start attempting to Doppler fetal heart tones until 12 weeks bc the baby/uterus still sits in your pelvis until 12 weeks. So I wouldn't worry so much about not being able to find a heartbeat on Doppler. I hope your formal ultrasound goes well today. We will be thinking about you.
    Same sex couple, Married 8/6/11
    Baby Oliver born 11/27/13

TTC stats with donor sperm...
    IUI #1 with trigger, 1/4/13 - BFN
    IUI #2 with trigger, 2/1/13 BFN
    IUI #3 with tigger, 2/28/12 BFP EDD 11/21/13
  • Thinking of you and hoping that all is well. 
    IUI #1 - 10 April 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #2 - 05 May 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #3 - 05 July 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #4 - 30 August 2012 medicated and monitoredLetrozole and Ovidrel Trigger 
    IUI #5 - 27 September 2012 Letrozole 
    BFP! 9 October 2012 Betas:- 12DPO 16; 16DPO 96; 18DPO 315

Baby Alarico born on 28 June 2013!!

• Loading the player...
  • I have no experience with using a doppler that early, but just wanted to let you know that I am also sending positive vibes. Is your wife able to go with you to the ultrasound appointment this afternoon?

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • Yes, she had taken the whole day off work.  She is telling me not to freak out (and I'm trying not to) - the midwife is not a trained sonographer and her machine is pretty basic.  I know these things I just have trouble not freaking out until I hear a heartbeat.
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• It is totally understandable for you to be apprehensive. I am glad that your wife is able to be there with you -- hopefully that will help you to relax a bit. I always feel better (personally) when my wife is at appointments with me. At any rate, at least you are able to get an appointment for an ultrasound today. Will be thinking of you!

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • Oh no. I am so sorry - I am glad you are getting a proper scan today. I would be troubled too, but best to wait for the better ultrasound. Baby be about the right size on u/s is a good sign! And agreed, way WAY to early to hear with a doppler, but an ultrasound would definitely show it at 10w (I saw mine both times on u/s at 6w). So hopefully it's there and you'll see it at your appointment. Keep us posted, and ((hugs)).
    Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• I agree with pp that getting a hb on the Doppler at 10w is early - I'm glad your midwife is sending you in for and u/s - hope your worries are eased this afternoon. I'll be keeping you & your wife in my thoughts.
  • I will be thinking of you. I hope your ultrasound shows a happy, healthy baby!

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• Hope everything goes well at the official sono! Positive thoughts for your healthy baby!
  • I hope your ultrasound went well!
    image image 
    Mom to the Lil Man and the Lil' Lady born at 33wks1day 
  • I hope all went well

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married to M and proud mothers to Olivia and Elise (8/19/2014) and to our fur-babies: Capone (pitbull), Jax and Atticus (cats)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"