October 2013 Moms

Workin mommas that went back Monday

Any easier going to work today?? I go back Thursday and I'm DREADING it!! I'm an emotional mess and can't even think about it without getting tears in my eyes.. I usually turn in to an ugly crying mess.. Ughhh

Re: Workin mommas that went back Monday

• I was supposed to go back Monday but keep having snow days....now set to go back Thursday! While I love the extra days with LO it just seems to be building up my anxiety more and more! It's like I just want the first day back to be over with and hopefully realize its not as bad as Im building it up to be. That's what others have told me anyway.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers.
    image image image. image
  • Go back tomorrow. I'm dreading it!! I only work pt right now, but it's with people who I hate and who hate me, so it's going to be really tough with no support. ugh!!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • carawasa said:

Go back tomorrow. I'm dreading it!! I only work pt right now, but it's with people who I hate and who hate me, so it's going to be really tough with no support. ugh!!!!

I think the supportive co workers is the only thing that's going to get me through! That and a belated birthday cake for me!!
    Eat the feelings!!! ;)

So sorry you have crappy people around you! Good luck!!
  • Maybe I'm a bad person, but I didn't cry at all. I was sad to leave LO, but I took comfort in leaving her in DH's capable hands. Going back to work makes me treasure even more the time that we do have together, and that's a good thing. Take it one day (or half day, or hour) at a time, and you'll be alright.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image
  • huntjul said:
    Going back to work makes me treasure even more the time that we do have together, and that's a good thing. Take it one day (or half day, or hour) at a time, and you'll be alright.
    This. Definitely.

I don't take the time I'm with him for granted (especially when he's awake!).

july sig challenge: babies are not dogs
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I go back in Feb. and I can't think about it without becoming distraught. :(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimageimageimage
  • jessjhhjessjhh member
    edited January 2014
    I went back yesterday and it started off with a bang. Phone quit working and then my car was dead (and hubby is out of town this week). Awesome! But it distracted me from focusing on daycare and by the time we got to there, he was asleep. Kissed him goodbye, shed a few tears, and left. Today was 100 times better.
    I think what helped was the daily summary sheets I got, and they showed what a great time he had!
  • I think it makes a difference if you love your job/career. I don't so ...
    Daniel ~ October 21, 2013

• slh6363 said:

I was supposed to go back Monday but keep having snow days....now set to go back Thursday! While I love the extra days with LO it just seems to be building up my anxiety more and more! It's like I just want the first day back to be over with and hopefully realize its not as bad as Im building it up to be. That's what others have told me anyway.

This is me too. I'll go in tomorrow but ds will stay home with dh so it won't be that bad. I'm still trying to talk dh into meeting me be a sahm.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Yesterday I cried all day...on the way to work, as soon as the first person asked how the baby was when I got to the office...when I got home because I missed him so much and then sobbed into DHs chest when he got home saying how I don't wanna go back today...BUT today was a million times better! No crying at all...I think the hormones got the best of me yesterday (doesn't help that I have my period right now)...I'm sure I'll have days when it's harder than others, but hopefully it really does get better like everyone says!
  • EmJ&B said:

I think it makes a difference if you love your job/career. I don't so ...

I feel like this is true for me. I missed my job, I really like it and was happy to jump back in. So no tears for me, but I played videos of her when I pumped which made me happy. And right now I'm cuddling her so hard. I do feel a little bad I don't feel so bad? I'm also lucky cuz DH is SAHD 3 days until this summer.

• EmJ&B said:

I think it makes a difference if you love your job/career. I don't so ...

Totally agree, I don't either! I have supportive co workers for the most part but I hate my job :(
  • I cried more today. Even with the distraction of the crazy leave replacement that is doing the second half of my job. She refused to give up my desk and continues to think she has my job. I'm taking deep breaths and trying to take the higher road. It is only a desk...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"