May 2012 Moms

Cranky mom!!

After two weeks of Christmas break I was ready for my oldest to go back to school to get some normal back BUT no it's going to be cold tomorrow so no freaking school!

I'm cranky
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled

Re: Cranky mom!!

• I told DS1 we could eat popcorn and watch planes today. Saves my sanity and DS1 had something else to look forward to. He was so excited to go back to school.
  • :( That sucks. Schools here are closed today as well due to the cold. It seems like their breaks are getting longer and then add on snow days and they miss almost three weeks of school. It must be hard for the teachers to get them back on track. 

• Loading the player...
  • I really don't remember there being this many snow days when I was a kid. I remember recess being cancelled a lot but not school. My FIL drives a school bus and he says the same thing. Last year we had more than two weeks worth of just weather related cancellation, on top of PD days and regular vacation.
  • It's SO HARD for teachers to get back on track!  LOL  I'll be dragging ass until Thursday at least!  We had two full weeks off but that was it, the cold here in MA is cold but not THAT COLD esp cuz we don' thave much left in terms of snow!  (thank God)  DD was def a lil off yesterday waking up 2 hours earlier than she had been for 2 full weeks (sometimes THREE!  wahoo!)
  • We never missed school due to cold but it was -23 with windchill in places this am and lots of kids walk. And parents are big babies so are kids!

Now we have a 2 hr delay tomorrow plus a scheduled 1/2 day Friday due to teacher meetings. Ugh
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • I understand why we were canceled today. It was below zero and very windy. What I don't understand is why they often delay for the 30's. Doesn't even need to be snowing. It's winter that is normal weather. I wanted to enroll DS2 in swim class, but I can't. If they delayed school DS1 would need to be at preschool at the same time as the class.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"