2nd Trimester
Options

Nursery Theme Ideas

Hello,
We are excited to be having a baby boy in April and are looking for nursery theme ideas from you! We have been looking online and watching HGTV, but nothing has grabbed our attention. Excited to hear what you are doing :)

Re: Nursery Theme Ideas

• Options
    lurking from 1st T and joining this board in a few days! I cant wait to find out the gender so that I can start planning the nursery "I'm an interior designer"

check pinterest for images of inspiration for the following themes, images will explain some of them better. Also check Project Nursery for images of all different themes.

Nautical theme
    Circus/ Carnival Theme
    forest/woods theme
    Cars? not my favorite
    Vintage Planes & aviation?
    classical royal, maybe?
    you can take a certain kids story/book/cartoon and turn it into a theme too like; Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh, Peter Rabbit, Cars, Finding Nemo, Sesame Street, etc...I like Babar the Elephant and the Moomins they would make some really cool nuseries.

God you got me excited, I've been saving up posts and photos and websites, the works!.

uhmmmm what else...

you can also take a motif and just repeat it around the room and have a strong color scheme to accompany it.
    you can do starry night as a concept; moon, stars, clouds or clouds and rain I like that one too

imageimage
    God Bless You my Little One
    Farida, our first child, born on the 19th of July 2014
    Farida, at 8 weeks
  • Options
    We're team green and we were last time as well.  For DS, we did a travel theme (kind of like "oh the places you'll go" but without Dr. Seuss).  DH and I have traveled quite a bit, so we put framed antique maps up of places we have been and other souvenirs from our trips.  I also had custom bedding made by a woman on etsy that is perfect for this.

Still figuring out this one, but DH suggested music last night and there's lot of ways to go with that, so we'll probably do that.  One idea we have with that is to get a muralist to do different images from album covers throughout the years.  Then we can add to it from there with framed art and/or musical notes/instruments.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    We did Finding Nemo since our future kid will have to be in the same nursery we figured it was pretty gender neutral and there are so many options since Nemo is still popular and the Dory movie coming out.
  • Options
    I saw a cute nursery on Pinterest... blue walls with Chevron accents (zig zags). They had pictures of elephants in frames... 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

If it's a boy we'll be doing a Dr. Seuss theme - mostly Cat in the Hat related.

• Options
    DS1's nursery had orange walls and an abc/animal theme.  This time we are going with a Disney World theme for DS2.  Cinderella blue walls with black and white furniture.  For the walls we have one large canvas print of the WDW castle and another large canvas print of Epcot with the monorail going in front of it.  Bedding will just be chevron striped sheets for the crib.  Not quite sure of the bedding for the full size bed in there.  Curtains are mickey mouse themed and we will have a Walt Disney quote with Mickey applique on the last wall.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We are having a little girl, and we am doing the nursery in antiques wood, solid colors( dusty rose and plum)- no patterns, and antique style teddybears! 

• Options
    I'm having a boy due in June. I picked an owl theme and I'm totally in love with it. I did the furniture in black and the comforter is owls and browns.
  • Options
    Not sure what I'm having yet, I don't find out for another few weeks. Baby's nursery will be dinosaur themed either way because momma loves dinos.
  • Options
    We did Yellow Submarine (Beatles) theme for our Beatles Baby! :)

<3<3 Team BababaBLUE!!! <3<3

Siggy Challenge (NOW, yes, because I be slow...)

• Options
    Oooo. Some great ideas that have me thinking. Thanks for some outside of the box ideas!!
  • Options
    We are thinking of either Finding Nemo or Classic Winnie the Pooh. Both are neutral themes but we will be finding out what we are having.
  • Options
    I have like a gazillion idea for my own baby's nursery and knowing if its a girl or a boy it would make my life easier cause then I can choose from half of the gazillion ideas lol this is so exciting
    imageimage
    God Bless You my Little One
    Farida, our first child, born on the 19th of July 2014
    Farida, at 8 weeks
  • Options
    If this baby is a boy, I am considering a kind of preppy, navy and kelly green color scheme with some alligator accents throw in.
  • Options
    I just looked online at Kohls at their nursery décor and it gave me a lot of ideas! They have a ton of mobiles that go over the crib in all different themes. It helped me a lot!
  • Options
    DS #1 we had really simple bedding from PBK with nautical accents (not so much a theme)
    DS #2 it was the Madras plaid from PBK with a few sea animals (b/c the sheets were turtles)
    DS #3 (this baby) we are doing back furniture, a very light tan and white Serena & Lily Crib Set with a board and batten white 3/4 wall with a soft beige top. I'm super excited about how this is going to turn out.
    IAmPregnant Ticker

• Options
    We're doing Monsters University.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"