May 2014 Moms

Daycare

I went to look at my first day care center today and received a tour, spoke to the owner, met the staff. It was surprisingly better than I expected however I got into my car and cried for a half hour. This is my first baby and I am really struggling with the thought of leaving my little one there at 4 months old!
Anyone else feeling this right now?
I feel so horrible! :-(

Re: Daycare

• It is really hard but it definitely gets better! I left my DD at 12 weeks when I had to go back to work. I cried like a baby all day long. She had a such a great first day though. Like I said, it is hard but your LO will learn so many social skills at daycare as they grow. They will also have a lot of fun with the other kids.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 

BFP #1 6-8-11 EDD 2-19-12. DD born 2-3-12 via induction due to pre-e.
    BFP #2 9-7-13 EDD 5-22-14. It's a GIRL! DD#2 is on her way.
  • I'm okay with the idea right now. BUT I think that's for a few reasons:
    1. I teach, so I will have all summer off with DS before I do childcare at the end of August, so he will be just about 5 months old.
    2. I worked in childcare/preschool before moving over to public school teaching. I know how AMAZING the staff can be with other peoples children. I know how much I loved my babies when I did infant/toddler and preschool age. I loved rocking them and snuggling with them. I was close with my families and babysat for many of them. When you find a GOOD quality center or daycare, it makes all the difference. The staff will be in love with your LO and will be there for you. I loved that job so much. I would still do it today if it paid like a public school did! The key is to find a place that feels like "home" and is very centered around families. The center I was at did a lot to involve the parents. They had breakfasts once a month for them, tons of opportunities to come in and interact with their child, Christmas parties, cookouts, etc.

I know it will be hard. I'm a FTM and I know I will cry and call every day to make sure DS is fine. BUT I have to remember that I did that job and I loved those babies. Those parents TRUSTED me with their child so I have to learn to trust my childcare center with my child. As hard as it is, you will be okay. :) Promise!
    February Siggy Challenge May 2014: Favorite Wedding Photoimage
  • Loading the player...
  • frasey said:
    you can all move here to Canada with us! we have lots of room. and 1 yr of paid mat leave....

My DH grew up there (and has dual citizenship) and said he totally would but job opportunities are better for him here :-(
  • I know how you feel, it's rough. This time my mom will be watching DD and LO, but last time DD started daycare part time (and was with MIL part time). I had a REALLY hard adjustment. Just know you are not alone, it does get easier (though never really easy). DD is 16 months, and I still have rough patches emotionally about having to work. I agree with PP, just find a place that you really feel comfortable, and know you are doing what's best for your family!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Had to leave mine at 12 weeks and bawled in my car every morning for weeks! I would still get choked up leaving her at times.  She grew to love her teachers and as she grew older, loved her 'friends'!  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"