August 2014 Moms

Hormone War Stories

I need to hear about some other crazy ladies and their hormones because I'm starting to feel like a total nut job. I'm usually not a crier at all but I've cried at least four times in the past week.  The latest was brought on this morning because our heating unit in our house went out and DH tried to tell me we didn't need to fix it, we just needed to suck it up for a few days until it warms up a little bit. Cue the water works... and then he says "why are you getting so emotional?" HA! After we talked about it some more, he gets it and he said he was just worried and didn't understand why I was crying over a broken heater...he thought I was in pain or something. God love him.  Of course, a few hours later I'm sitting here thinking how much I love him, how great he is, blah blah blah. Yep, those hormones are ALL over the place today.

Who else is with me?! I think the mood swings have definitely gotten worse for me in the past week or two (weeks 9 and 10).
~* FTM, BFP 11/20/13, EDD 8/3/14 *~
~* Married since 5/19/12 *~

Re: Hormone War Stories

• I was hungry so I cried. What else am I supposed to do about hunger?
    {May Siggy Challenge}
    Favorite TV mom: Janelle's Mom

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Flor Maria
  • I've cried because we were out of milk (first pregnancy) because the bakery was out of maple bars (second pregnancy) lately it's just been a lot of things on tv that get me (third pregnancy)
    Soon to be mommy of 3!
    DS Grayson (3yrs) (Emergency Csec)
    imageDS Camden (1yr) (All natural Vbac)
    DD Isabella due 8/2/2014

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Bbaby0923Bbaby0923 member
    edited January 2014
    I looked at babies r us yesterday just for some ideas. Cried. Like. A. Baby. Over a Winnie the Pooh towel!! I think I'm losing it. See a baby on TV? Forget it!
  • @jennicillin love your story. I could totally see that happening in our house and me having the exact same reaction.
    ~* FTM, BFP 11/20/13, EDD 8/3/14 *~
    ~* Married since 5/19/12 *~

• I was so upset yesterday morning, all I wanted was chocolate milk but we were out of Nesquick. I found it at lunch time in the *wrong* cabinet. I was happy I found it but much more pissed off that BF put it in the wrong spot!

BabyFruit Ticker 

• I am generally not a crier but I had a meltdown in a grocery store over the lack of s'mores ice cream. My husband just sat back and laughed hysterically. I was sobbing and laughing uncontrollably at the same time. The manager walked by and asked DH if I was okay... he just pointed and said pregnant. The manager walked away laughing. The had s'mores ice cream the next time we went :)

Our Miracles: BFP- May 14, 2015... diagnosed with SCH. Collapsed Sac- May 29, 2015. Determined to be failed twin tetraploidy pregnancy.
    "Never in my arms, Always in my heart"

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I flipped shit at DH yesterday over the garage door. 

We had to go to work despite the snow storm so he got up and snow blowed (snow blew?) but he didn't do right in front of the garage for some reason, he started/stopped about a foot away from the door. When he pulled out of the garage and went to shut the garage door it closed then opened back up -- that safety thing that if it thinks it hits something it goes back up. There was snow in the way. He "didn't notice" and left. Before I could leave for work I had to clear snow while the neighborhood drunk (who walks the streets all day every day) stood on the road yelling "why's your garage door open? Do you know it won't shut? I'll fix it for a 6-pack..." and my neighbor across the street ( whom I really, really dislike and loves to tell the facebook world our buiness as she can see it from her front porch) was outside paying the man they pay to plow their drive. It took multiple tries before the damn door would finally shut (it is really finicky, the smallest thing along the whole length of the door will make it open) then I got in my car, backed out, and it didn't shut again. So I had to get back out figure out why! 

DH got a phone call of me yelling/crying about why on EARTH he didn't clear the snow right by the door, and that he needs to make sure that the door shuts and stays shut before pulling out of the driveway and that we just plain need a new garage door. It was bad. 
  • I remember being barely in second tri with DS and I had a meltdown over being stuck in a boat fishing with no food. They promised to leave and then continued to fish for another hour. Then, on the way home, my dad kept stopping to check other reefs and kept dropping a line in. He did this three times before we got back. I cried the whole way home. They pretty much stuffed me with food and put me to bed. Pretty sad...
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I cried at the post office.  Yes, it's as bad as it sounds.

I was pregnant with #3. I had my 3 year old and my 15 month old with me.  There was an insane line.  (Hate the post office - it's as bad as the dmv now!)  I should have just given up, but I kept waiting.  40 minutes.  My 3 year old started running around, acting up and nothing I could say would get him in line.  Again, I should have left, but I had invested time waiting and really wanted this package off my hands!  

The clerk at the register told me I needed to "control my child."  I should have told her she needed to speed up her damn line, but because I was trying to wrangle said child, was pushing a stroller and was pregnant, instead I just started to silently cry.  Tears rolling down my face.  I was wearing sunglasses, but by the time I got to the front, I think she realized I was crying and she felt badly (she should have).  

Seriously, I cried at the post office.   
    imageimageimageimage
  • tamarar5tamarar5 member
    edited January 2014
    I'm about ready to choke both my kids. Grrr. They are crazy. Dd is trapped inside because of the cold, and DS is refusing to nap. I know it's just hormones but I'm unreasonably upset by both of these actions.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• @lawgrl04 she seriously said that to you? I would have been tempted to drop kick her. What a wench.
  • liz4pawsliz4paws member
    edited January 2014

I flipped my ish at DH a few days ago because he took the cap off of my DSLR lens and didn't put it back on again. I mean completely FLIPPED OUT. In my head it made total sense because how hard is it?! Really?!

He got a screaming earful.

And to make things worse? He said in the heat of the moment "I'll chalk this up to your hormones" which set me off even more.

I ended up going to the bedroom to cry hysterically. It was a meltdown from another planet.

But of course, he was right. Duh, it was hormones. Still - I gave DH a tip: Don't tell a pregnant woman OR a woman who is PMSing that it's hormones even though it's utterly apparent it is. It helps the situation zero. :)

************ Signature/Ticker Warning ************
    Me (32) DH (36) - Finding our way to baby #1
    Me: POF/DOR - AMH <0.16, heterozygous c677t MTHFR, insulin resistant and gluten intolerant
    DH: Severe MFI

12/2/11 - IUI #1- BFN 
    8/1/12 - IVF #1 - Zero response from max stims (600iu intramuscularly)

My ovaries are just for decoration

12/6/12 - Adopted five embryos that had been frozen for over ten years!
    2/11/13 - DEmbryo FET #1 Thawed four, sadly two didn't survive. Transferred two beautiful blasts. 
    2/16/13 - First BFP of my life @ 6dp5dt! EDD 10/30/13
    3/27/13 - After beta and u/s hell, no heartbeat ever detected. D&C at 9w1d.

6/5/13 - Adopted four new embryos that had been frozen for seven years!

9/12/13 - DEmbryo FET #2. Thawed and transferred two beautiful blasts
    9/17/13 - BFP @ 5dp6dt! EDD 05/31/14
    9/29/13 - m/c @ 5w1d. :(

11/19/13 - DEmbryo FET #3. Thawed and transferred one blast from each batch. Wow!
    11/23/13 - BFP @ 4dp6dt! EDD 8/7/13
    Beta #1 @ 13dp6dt - 522  Beta #2 @ 16dp6dt - 1373 
    6w5d ultrasound showed one perfect baby with a beautiful heartbeat of 134bpm!

Snowflake baby is a girl! 
    Our beautiful Snowflake girl arrived on July 22, 2014!   
    My embryo adoption blog: Wishing on a Snowflake

image      image 
  • 1st Pregnancy Highlights:
    - The pizza place delivered the wrong pizza.  I ordered pepperoni and got sausage.  I HATE sausage.  This one resulted in a full-on meltdown.  I refused to eat the pizza (no, you canNOT just pull of the sausages, DH!!), locked myself in the bathroom and started hyperventilating b/c I was so upset.
    - My money got stuck in the vending machine at work, so I of course started crying at work over this.  This may or may not have happened twice.
    - The movie Eight Below.  DO NOT watch this movie.  This one again resulted in hyperventilating.  Did I mention that this is a children's movie?
    - Postpartum: The dog ate my frozen macaroni & cheese meal.

2nd Pregnancy - nothing that I can recall.  Lots of issues with that pregnancy but craziness apparently wasn't one of them.

3rd Pregnancy
    - to date:
    - I had to approve a financial document at work.  This is something I am responsible for every month, so not a new request.  For whatever reason, it really stressed me out last month and I ended up crying at my desk.  This was before I found out I was pregnant, but should have tipped me off!
    - It was -10 here this morning and DH said he would not drive me to work (so I would have to take public transportation).  I'll leave what happened next to your imagination, but suffice it to say that DH DID drive me to work today.
    - Just now - fucking P&G Olympics commercials:
    https://mashable.com/2014/01/06/sochi-moms-ad/

Photoset 15 of 15

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Of course I just had to go and watch the P&G Olympic mom's commercial so I'm here bawling. Lol
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• With my first pregnancy I started crying hysterically because the biscuits and gravy I was trying to make one morning did not turn out.  

Goob 01/26/12
    Olliekazam 08/18/14

• TamaraR4 said:
    Of course I just had to go and watch the P&G Olympic mom's commercial so I'm here bawling. Lol
    Sorry!  You were warned :)
    Photoset 15 of 15

• Oh I have to add this gem: DH and I were cleaning out the nursery around 20 weeks. As we moved things out of the room, I was putting them downstairs in the basement in a pile where DH could organize them later (our storage room was a disaster so there was no point even bothering). He decided to start arguing with me about where I was putting the stuff when all I cared about was getting the damned room cleaned out. It escalated to the point that I stood in our kitchen screaming at him. I got so mad I kicked our oven with both feet, realized how hot my feet were getting and started ripping off my slippers (keep in mind I was still in mid dialogue). I then continued to throw my slippers down on the floor one at a time to emphasize my words. DH literally disappeared around the corner mid temper tantrum, came back a few seconds later to ask me if I was done. I yelled "NO!" Then continued to yell while he went back around the corner. Bugger was laughing at me!!! Though to be honest, we both laughed about it later. He said he hadn't seen a temper tantrum so bad since his sister was 2.
  • Lawgrl04 said:
    I cried at the post office.  Yes, it's as bad as it sounds.

I was pregnant with #3. I had my 3 year old and my 15 month old with me.  There was an insane line.  (Hate the post office - it's as bad as the dmv now!)  I should have just given up, but I kept waiting.  40 minutes.  My 3 year old started running around, acting up and nothing I could say would get him in line.  Again, I should have left, but I had invested time waiting and really wanted this package off my hands!  

The clerk at the register told me I needed to "control my child."  I should have told her she needed to speed up her damn line, but because I was trying to wrangle said child, was pushing a stroller and was pregnant, instead I just started to silently cry.  Tears rolling down my face.  I was wearing sunglasses, but by the time I got to the front, I think she realized I was crying and she felt badly (she should have).  

Seriously, I cried at the post office.   
    If some crazy beeyotch told me to "control my child" in a situation I had no control over, I might cry, pregnant or not!

I don't remember what my big recent hormonal meltdown was over (I think it had something to do with not wanting to go to MIL's house), but I do remember it culminated in me throwing things... (like pillows and a paintbrush, so nothing breakable, but still.) Then my toddler (yes I was throwing a tantrum in front of my toddler; mom of the year) got a big smile on his face and exclaimed "WE'RE THROWING THINGS!" and started gleefully tossing pillows too. I started laughing and that pretty much ended my freakout.
    BFP #1: EDD 8/29/11, MMC 1/14/11. BFP #2: Damien Isaac born 12/16/11. BFP #3: Rowen Cole born 7/28/14. BFP #4: EDD 9/16/16.

Anniversary

baby blog

• I had texted DH while he was out to pick me up some Chewy peanut butter granola bars.  I wanted these ones: 
    He bought me some random Kashi peanut butter granola bars.  I was unreasonably upset about it.  I gave him the silent treatment and pouted as I ate the horrible Kashi bars.  I told him he should have known because I said Chewy.  Apparently the Kashi ones also said chewy on the box.  I still think he should have known which ones to get.
  • I cried when someone mentioned to me that after they had kids and breastfed, their nipples were an inch long and never shrunk back down.  Actually, this conversation happened long before I was pregnant, but as soon as I remembered it I cried. It's a terrifying thought to me.
    FWIW, I've nursed my son for years (well, two now) and my nips are not an inch long! Boobs look different post-pregnancy regardless if you nurse or not, but they're not THAT different from the original - you'd need pretty big nipples to begin with to end up with inch-long ones.
    BFP #1: EDD 8/29/11, MMC 1/14/11. BFP #2: Damien Isaac born 12/16/11. BFP #3: Rowen Cole born 7/28/14. BFP #4: EDD 9/16/16.

Anniversary

baby blog

• I've had 2 breakdowns so far
    1: this made me feel dumb but I was at the store trying to find tea, couldn't find the one I wanted so I started crying in the aisle.
    2: my car got stuck in a pile of snow and a half hour of trying to get it out and I still hadn't moved I was crying hysterically in my car for awhile
  • I'm not usually a very emotional person, movies rarely even make me teary. I went and saw Lone Survivor with DH today, I was straight up holding back ugly loud sobs in the end credits when they were showing actual wedding footage and pictures of the guys smiling with their families. I managed to hold it to just leaky tears as we walked out, then as soon as I closed the truck door, gasping ugly loud sobs. Then when we picked up DS from my friends house, I burst into tears when she asked how the movie was.
  • I started uncontrollably crying last week(wk 9) while doing dishes...no reason at all. So I just turned the water off and ate cheez its.

And today it was because I wanted Sonic and asked DH to take me then flipped out on him when he turned on our road instead of going straight. He said he didn't hear me and I said I didn't care (bawling like a baby with DS in the car) and told him not to even bother trying to take me now cause I don't want to go!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"