March 2013 Moms

how to tell you are ovulating?

Does a regular period mean you are ovulating? I see many women say they arent ovulating yet because of BF. I am BF exclusively for 9 months now and get a regular period. Does this mean I am ovulating?

Re: how to tell you are ovulating?

• Yes. If you have your period back, you are most likely ovulating.

The best way to tell when you're ovulating is to track your basal body temp: https://www.mayoclinic.com/health/basal-body-temperature/MY01002

The "easy" way is to count back 14 days from when your period is due to arrive. Or you can pick up ovulation predictor kits (dollar store usually carries them, or you can get a pack from any store you can get pregnancy tests at, usually in the same aisle).

This link is for using natural family planning to prevent pregnancy, but it can give you a good idea of what to look for. Except, when they say to avoid having sex in the article, that means it's the best time to try if you want to get pregnant: https://americanpregnancy.org/preventingpregnancy/fertilityawarenessNFP.html
    DD- 11/17/08, DD- 11/16/09, DS- 3/20/13 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
     Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Read Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler. 

I read it when LO #2 was around 4 months old. I couldn't wait for AF to return so I could start charting (basal body temp and cervical fluid). I'm amazed at how easy it is, and how your body tells you exactly what is going on if you know how to interpret the signs. 

We got a BFP on my first cycle back (I am still BF'ing, and my cycle resumed after LO was no longer night nursing.) and are due early September :) We are THRILLED!
    Happily married since 2009
    Roo, 8y
    Birdie, 4y
    Jem, 3y
    Vee, 1y
    Baby Bee DUE April 2018

• Loading the player...
  • Read Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler. 

I read it when LO #2 was around 4 months old. I couldn't wait for AF to return so I could start charting (basal body temp and cervical fluid). I'm amazed at how easy it is, and how your body tells you exactly what is going on if you know how to interpret the signs. 

We got a BFP on my first cycle back (I am still BF'ing, and my cycle resumed after LO was no longer night nursing.) and are due early September :) We are THRILLED!
    I am so happy for you. How old is you LO now? My DS is 9 months and DH and I are thinking of trying again. I have a regular period since DS was 5 months but I nurse all the time ao im not sure if I have to night wean first. Thanks for the recommendation I appreciate it. I will go to Barns and Nobles today.
  • I am exclusively BFing and I had my first period about 40 days before my second one came.  Needless to say I was a little bit nervous about the long gap between, but it finally came.  I knew I was ovulating with the second period because ~3 weeks after the first period I got sharp pains in my ovary area.  I get sharp pains and mild cramps when I ovulate.  If you aren't sure try the ovulation predictor kit.  It was very easy and we got pregnant on the first use of the kit with LO.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

;

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am so happy for you. How old is you LO now? My DS is 9 months and DH and I are thinking of trying again. I have a regular period since DS was 5 months but I nurse all the time ao im not sure if I have to night wean first. Thanks for the recommendation I appreciate it. I will go to Barns and Nobles today.
    LO#2 turns 10months tomorrow. :) Good luck! 
    Happily married since 2009
    Roo, 8y
    Birdie, 4y
    Jem, 3y
    Vee, 1y
    Baby Bee DUE April 2018

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"