Trying to Get Pregnant

TTC and the sudden flu

Just needed to quick vent to someone. As luck would have it, just as my hubby and I were set to start TTC cycle 1 this weekend, he got the worst stomach flu ever and I had to take him to the hospital at 630 this morning. I feel horrible for him and was worried that it was worse than just the flu, but I don't wanna skip over the chance to get pregnant this cycle! And the first time at that! I think he will be better by Friday so we will see. I told him, just don't kiss me.......take one for the team! Everything else will still work, right? Lol. so I'm babying him today and hoping for a speedy recovery so we can HIO! ;-D

Re: TTC and the sudden flu

• O_o
    **siggy warning**  **everyone welcome**

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    DS- 11.07.02
    DSS- 6.26.04
    Married- 6.29.13
    TTC Again- Sept. 2013
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Test Results/Diagnosis- HSG & SA totally normal
    DX: 3/2014 Prolactinoma/Hyperprolactinemia- Started cabergoline 2/2014
    5/2014 Possible mild PCOS in addition to hyperprolactinemia??
    7/2014 Adding probable tubal factor to the diagnosis list
    9/2014 And now adding hypothyroid to the list- Started synthroid 9/2014
    Cycles 1-4 - Sept.-March- All Anovulatory 
    IUI #1 March/April-  Clomid 50mg + Clomid 100mg +Trigger + IUI #1 = BFN
     IUI #2 April/May-Clomid 100mg + Clomid 150mg + Trigger + IUI #2 + Endometrin=BFN
    IUI #3- June- Follistim 75iu + Trigger + IUI #3  Benched due to a 40 mm cyst. :-(
    IUI #3- July- Follistim 75iu + Trigger + IUI #3 + Endometrin = BFP! on 7/25/14
    Slowly rising betas - Ectopic suspected on 8/8/14 & confirmed on 8/11/14
    Methotrexate on 8/12/14 -HCG negative on 9/2/14
    IVF #1- November- Antagonist protocol: 11/1: start stims, 200iu of Follistim; 11/12 ER 17R/14M/14F; 11/17 5 day transfer of two blasts, 2 blasts and 2 expanding morulas frozen; 11/22 BFP!! (On FRER at 5dp5dt)
    Betas: 9dp5dt 205, 11dp5dt 497, 14dp5dt 1,709
    u/s at 5w0d- 1 sac; u/s at 6w0d 1 baby with heartbeat, another sac without a heartbeat

• Loading the player...

• BabyFetus Ticker

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP: 6/4/14       EDD: 2/11/15
  • Ohhhh man. I was just joking. Obviously if he's sick I'm not going to make him if he isn't up for it. I'm not that horrible of a human being. I was just saying how it's just my luck for it to happen on our first cycle. I said stomach flu because at first we thought it was his appendix because his stomach was cramping so badly. Sooory! Just sharing in my misfortune. :-/
  • MusicFanaticMusicFanatic member
    edited January 2014
    If you feel bad for him, you can always have him launch it into a cup and you can use a turkey baster.

Then the poor guy can get his rest.

(edited to add, I'm actually kidding.  I don't want you to actually take that as serious. And no, I put that past no one).
    (Zoe Claire- born at 33.6 weeks- November 19, '14 - 5lbs 15oz)
  • Also I think I somehow hit the flag button on the OP! Sorry about that! I think I removed it.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• When DH or I are sick with something like a cold we usually do positions that have us facing away from each other.  In this case your DH sounds pretty sick so I would just let him relax, get better, and only HIO if he is up for it.
  • When DH or I are sick with something like a cold we usually do positions that have us facing away from each other.  In this case your DH sounds pretty sick so I would just let him relax, get better, and only HIO if he is up for it.
    Ugh, I hate sex when I'm sick. Seriously. Even if TTC, I'll just bypass. When I get a cold, I get a pretty bad cold.. because I have allergy and sinus issues, so they always turn into worse. I don't even want to be touched then. So hopefully I don't get sick a lot this season.
    Ugh, I hate sex when I'm sick. Seriously. Even if TTC, I'll just bypass. When I get a cold, I get a pretty bad cold.. because I have allergy and sinus issues, so they always turn into worse. I don't even want to be touched then. So hopefully I don't get sick a lot this season.
    Really?  When we HIO and I have a stuffy nose, it always seems to clear it, at least until I fall asleep.  I get the not wanting to be touched part, though.
    If we can have touchless sex, sure.. but since that's kinda hard..
    Blech, no. No sex when sick. Like I said, I get BRUTAL colds though.  Typically my colds turn into very bad sinus infections, and very quickly. I have lots of allergy issues. I'm worse than a man when sick, honest. He knows not to even touch me if I have a cold.  Thankfully, I don't get them often.
  • Nothing says sexy to me like DH clenching while he's doing his thing.  *Growl*

I'm OK with having sex when I have the sniffles, but if I'm full on stay-home-from-work sick, no thanks. 

This reminds me of the Friends episode with Monica and the vapor rub.

• He is feeling much better. No vomiting since around 6 am. They said that there was some really bad flu stuff going around. I've just never seen someone have cramps like that. He said the pain was a 10/10...and I know when he says that, that it was serious. Luckily it should only last a couple days. I'm just so glad it wasn't his appendix or worse. And yeah I really don't want to remember this possible baby as a puke baby lol.
  • I know how you feel. This is cycle 27 for us, and I got the flu a few days before I ovulated this cycle and was running a fever of over 100 for several days. Oh...and I'm 40. So, it's not like I have many more cycles to try. FML!

My Age - 41, DH's Age - 42

TTC #1 since November 2011
    Dx: Endometriosis, Stenosis of the Cervix, Uterine Polyp, Hostile CM and Borderline PCOS
    Stage 1 Endo and Uterine Polyp removed and Cervix widened on July 9, 2012.
    IUI #1 Clomid 50 mg - 3/6/13 BFN
    IUI #2 Clomid 50 mg - 4/3/13 BFN
    IUI #3 Clomid 50 mg - 10/4/13 BFN
    IUI #4 Clomid 100 mg + HCG trigger - 11/2/13 BFN
    Cycle #28 - Clomid 100 mg + HCG trigger + TI (IUI #5 cancelled) - 2/5/14 BFN
    IUI #5 Clomid 100 mg + HCG trigger - 3/5/14 BFN

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"