Trying to Get Pregnant

Vivid Dreams a sign of early pregnancy

I have read online women saying that having vivid dreams were a sign that they were pregnant, I guess not only a sign but a symptom. Something about increased hormones causing this to happen.

I have been having really vivid, detailed dreams that feel real and that I can totally recall when I wake up....I'm 9DPO by the way...

Am I crazy to read into this?!?!?! I might be clinging onto this one, but did anyone ever have that eperience and end up pregnant?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Vivid Dreams a sign of early pregnancy

• I've had pretty vivid dreams in the past and i haven't been pregnant yet.  I just posted something about having a bfp dream, which was so vivid i thought it actually happened.  i took a hpt and it turned out to be bfn.  so who knows!  GL to you..!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I get vivid, crazy dreams when I stuff my face full of popcorn or other snack foods before bed.

Yes, I had vivid dreams during first tri with DD....but not at 9 DPO. I think you're reading a little too much into this.

Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• Loading the player...
  • My dreams are always vivid and in-depth haha :)  I've also had vivid BFP dreams and dreams of us with a baby, but I'm still here.  Grasping at straws dear. <3
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Jennifer's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • I have had really vivid dreams as well.  The one I had last week seemed so real (it was about me seeing my BFP in the bathroom and going to show DH) that I woke up and felt so extremely happy...then realized it was a dream. I got AF that afternoon.  I had another one this past weekend (still had AF) and it also seemed so real (it was about seeing my baby girl's first smile)...and I'm definitely not PG.  Maybe it's true that when you're PG you have vivid dreams, but I also think you have dreams while TTC because it's something you're usually always thinking about.
  • imageAlyEric:
    I have had really vivid dreams as well.  The one I had last week seemed so real (it was about me seeing my BFP in the bathroom and going to show DH) that I woke up and felt so extremely happy...then realized it was a dream. I got AF that afternoon.  I had another one this past weekend (still had AF) and it also seemed so real (it was about seeing my baby girl's first smile)...and I'm definitely not PG.  Maybe it's true that when you're PG you have vivid dreams, but I also think you have dreams while TTC because it's something you're usually always thinking about.

This. I had a dream the other day that I had a baby....then it turned into a grasshopper and flew out the window. I hope I don't have dreams like that when I am actually pregnant. It was quite disturbing. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I had really vivid dreams when I was pregnant with my DD, however it wasn't until much, much later in my pregnancy. 

But who knows, maybe that is not the case for you!

Baby Macy is here!

12/09 - Macy (daughter) | 4/10 - Began TTC Baby #2 | 12/10 - Chemical Pregnancy | 1/12 - Miscarriage at 14 weeks | DX - PCOS & Hyperthyroidism
  • I would agree it's me reading into nothing!

But I will say last month when I miscarried I had a very vivid dream the morning I tested positive. I had fallen asleep on the couch that night and I woke up to a dream about getting two lines...I was so excited but then I realized it was a dream...but it was the day of my expected AF so I decided to test...

Next thing you know I'm starring at two pink lines but I wasn't dreaming anymore...

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Many things can cause vivid dreams, including pregnancy but unfortunately the only way to know if something is a pregnancy symptom is to find out you are actually pregnant, then look back at your symptoms. I had a dream last night that I had a baby, but I am only 4 DPO so I know that it is not a pg symptom. I think you are just wishful thinking!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imagetigerhearted:
    My dreams are always vivid and in-depth haha :)  I've also had vivid BFP dreams and dreams of us with a baby, but I'm still here.  Grasping at straws dear. <3

Ditto.  If my dreams were any more vivid, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between them and real life.  And now that I have babies on the brain 24/7, most of my dreams are about getting a BFP, being pregnant, or giving birth.  So, for me, vivid dreams are not a symptom of pregnancy.

• I wish this was true, as I have had crazy dreams the last four night. AF is due tomorrow and it looks like she is going to arrive right on schedule.

Almost anything can be a phantom syptom. Sorry, I don't think this is true.

• FWIW, as I think I'm unusual in this, crazy, vivid dreams and/or insomnia are PMS symptoms for me.
    TTC #1 since June 2010
    Me: 36, DH: 42
    Dx: DOR and MFI

DH: low count + very low motility; hormones all normal; Sperm DNA Frag. test = poor to fair; male karyotyping normal
    Me: FSH 13.4 + AMH 0.26 + hypothyroidism; Scratch the hypothyrodism (?); Blood clotting and immune panel all negative; endometrial biopsy normal

IVF #1 (MDLF - Jul/Aug 2011): BFN (9R, 5M, 3F with ICSI, 3dt of 1 10-cell grade 2, no frosties)
    IVF #2 (EP-antagonist - Sep/Oct 2011): BFN (6R, 4M, 3F w/ ICSI, 3dt of 1 6-cell, 1 7-cell, grade 4s, no frosties)
    DE IVF #1 (shared cycle - June 2012): c/p (6R, 6F w/ICSI, 3dt 1 8-cell grade A- and 1 7-cell grade A-; no frosties)
    DE IVF #2 (shared cycle with new donor - Nov/Dec/ 2012): - BFP!!!!! 12/14/12. U/S on 12/27 shows twins!!!!!

SAIFW/PAIFW
  • I am 12DPO and got a BFP yesterday. I had very vivid dreams last week all the way up to this weekend. Could be a sign. :o)
    DS is 3 years old* BFP#1-12/30/11, CP-1/6/11* BFP#2- 1/31/11-missed M/C at 9 weeks-3/9/11, D&C-3/14/11* BFP#3-7/13/11-M/C at 10 weeks-8/26/11, D&C -8/29/11* BFP#4-10/31/11- Beta at 10DPO-19, Beta at 12DPO-118, RE recommended heparin 2X daily and progesterone 2X daily. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Praying this LO keeps growing!!!
  • This was one of my phantom symptoms this past cycle, I had noticeably bizarre and much more vivid dreams than usual for 5 nights or so. Didn't turn out to be true for me (and FWIW I haven't read about it being a symptom of pregnancy elsewhere, I definitely thought I was going crazy), but hopefully it means something good for you. Good luck!
    Little Squish #1, 3.25.12

Little Squish #2 Due 10.9.15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Phantom symptom that plagues me 24/7. I dreamed lastnight that I was in labour, except I couldn't feel anything. One of the drs came along and gave me an episiotomy 'just in case'. DH was there and I just kept saying 'I hope this is real' apart from the episiotomy part. And ofcourse I woke up to find a nice flat tummy. Argh. GL for you though, if it's not a regular thing for you then maybe it is a symptom

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I don't think one vivid dream will tell you much, but I can say I had CRAZY vivid dreams for over a week straight, and when I took a test- Positive!  Yay! So i think there is truth in the dream thing :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @keiko2010 That happened to me too. Last week I had BFP dreams one after the other, to which I would come out of one, be disappointed, and then get a bfp in this next one. The last dream was like a montage of all the dreams. It was so weird. I took a test and it was negative. 
    Married 5/12/12
    BabyFruit Ticker
    69 Thoughts We've All Had While Drunk

• Just realized how old this thread was. Sorry @keiko2010. That must have been confusing. 
    Married 5/12/12
    BabyFruit Ticker
    69 Thoughts We've All Had While Drunk

• englandxo said:
    I don't think one vivid dream will tell you much, but I can say I had CRAZY vivid dreams for over a week straight, and when I took a test- Positive!  Yay! So i think there is truth in the dream thing :)
    You resurrected a thread from almost 3 years ago, to post your Drive By BFP?
    At least they are trying to get creative?

I've had  vivid dreams about giving birth, and I've never been pregnant.
  • Whenever there's a super necro'ed post like this one, I like to stalk the OP and see if she was actually pregnant. Sure enough, she was!

Sorry, I would have never remembered that FFFC till Friday.

TTC #1 October 2012
    Me (30): PCOS DH (31): SA looks good

12/13: Clomid + IUI = BFN

1/14: Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN

2/14: Benched = BCP

3/14: Femara = BFN

4/14: Break for job change = BFP!! EDD 1/5/15

• I had very vivid dreams all last week before I got BFP Saturday. I dreamed I was pregnant with a boy . So I guess it's possible
    Baby C IAmPregnant Ticker} BabyFetus Ticker} Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • prncsz said:
    I had very vivid dreams all last week before I got BFP Saturday. I dreamed I was pregnant with a boy . So I guess it's possible
    Thanks for this insightful information!
  • gscovillegscoville member
    edited January 2014
    I have wacky and extremely vivid dreams many nights, they come and go.  Still not pregnant.  All symptoms are suspect, none can be taken as definitively related to pregnancy or not until you get the positive peestick - obsessing about symptoms is just a huge waste of time.

ETA  Jeez, the ONE time I don't check the date on the OP
    :-w

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• I had no vivid dreams for a long time and still nothing I can say I didn't have before I was pregnant

It's a BOY

• I know this is a zombie thread, but since it was brought up...

I read somewhere a long time ago that you're more likely to remember your dreams clearly if you wake up during the dream part of your sleep cycle. I don't know how much truth there is to that, but supposing it is true, I would assume that means your dreams are more "vivid" because your sleep is disturbed, or you're just a light sleeper to begin with. And sleep disturbances would obviously be cause by any number of reasons. 

If, however, you dream that you peed on a unicorn, and the unicorn turns pink, you're totes preggers. Squee. 

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"