August 2014 Moms

I love being pregnant

Said no one ever!!! Lol like seriously I saw a girl on Facebook I grew up with saying how much she loves being pregnant. She is like 6-7 weeks Lol I was like wtf! I mean I'm barely pregnant too but this is not exactly a day at disney world for me. I would really like to have a day where I don't feel like shit or am dead tired. I cleaned the house yesterday and felt like I ran a marathon. I can only seem to stomach dry cereal at this point in the morning. I'm just saying.... Call me a whiny brat or other b word but I would not wish these feelings on an enemy lol I'm sure there will be a day where I look at my baby bump and realize that it's all worth it but seriously I could use one day of full energy and the last few weeks I have had zip. I really wanted to punch her lol of course I didn't say anything because it would have outted my secret but I really wanted to be like u crazy *insert bad word of choice here* happy Monday ladies. I'm sure it's the hormones talkin.

BabyFetus Tickerimageimage

Re: I love being pregnant

• Actually, one of my friends who is the mother of 3, says she LOVED being pregnant. She tends to be a little cuckoo and unbalanced normally and her OB seems to think that the pregnancy hormones help her balance out. Crazy, I know!

IAmPregnant Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP - 01/04/2016; EDD - 09/15/2016 DS #1 - 07/2014
  • Loading the player...
  • First tri is the only slightly unpleasant part for me. I remember loving being pregnant last time. Some women really hate it the whole time though I have a friend that complained so much and hated every minute of both her pregnancies.  Give it some time and maybe you'll start to love it. :)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Logan 10/20/2010 ~ Addison 8/26/2014
  • I love the fact that I'm pregnant and have created this beautiful miracle, but Im not completely loving pregnancy itself... I was "glowing" for the first week I knew I was pregnant, and then the fatigue came out of nowhere and knocked me down... That was the beginning.. needless to say am I no longer glowing.... I'm hoping to glow again in the second tri when I won't feel like I'm going thru a second (and accelerated) puberty crossed with a perpetual hangover... To those that can truly appreciate and LOVE all the beauties AND non-beauties of pregnancy, all the more power to you!! :) .... And of course, a H&H pregnancy to all!
  • tamarar5tamarar5 member
    edited January 2014
    I love the second trimester. I hate being sick in the first and by the third I am so fricking huge and fat and my back hurts and my legs hurt... But the second trimester is great! You are just big enough to finally look pregnant and not just fat, but not so big as to not be able to dress or put on your own shoes. ;)
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Oy. I'm super crabby and not having it right now. I'm hoping a few more weeks- I'll mellow out and enjoy it. But this constant hangover feeling is kicking my butt! I know aside from the symptoms I'm excited...(terrified because it's our first...but excited). :)
  • My first pregnancy I wa sick pretty much all 9 months and my dr didn't say anything about nausea meds lol my second pregnancy I was sick maybe a week, I loved pregnancy then I was able to enjoy it more. So far this time around I'm sick but not as bad as my first time so we will see what second tri brings :)
    Soon to be mommy of 3!
    DS Grayson (3yrs) (Emergency Csec)
    imageDS Camden (1yr) (All natural Vbac)
    DD Isabella due 8/2/2014

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm loving being pregnant this time around. I feel great and I don't feel guilty for that even a little. My last pregnancy was so rough, I feel like I've paid my dues.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP: 12/20/13 EDD: 08/23/14 (discovered m/c at 8w5d)
    BFP: 09/22/14 EDD: 06/06/15 (hoping for our rainbow)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I love being pregnant from weeks 12-36

The first twelve weeks there are too many hormones... it's like a different daily variety of misery.  When you hit 37 weeks your hormones kick in again and make you desperate to get that baby out! Which is nature taking over to prepare you for labor, and I get that.... but you live with the mantra of "well... I'm technically full term, so just yank it out of me!!!"

But from weeks 12-36 it's a wonderful miracle of happiness lol

• DH's aunt told me she loved being pregnant. She was blessed with absolutely no exhaustion, morning sickness, heart burn, had great hair and skin. I was 8 months pregnant and feeling very uncomfortable. I love parts of being pregnant, but could do with out a lot of side effects.

• Actually, once the icky morning sickness part is over, I do love being pregnant.  I love feeling the baby move and having a baby bump.  (I'll admit it...I do kind of like the attention you get when you are clearly pregnant).

I even like it at the end when your pelvis starts getting achy and you can't roll over in bed without it being a 10 minute production.  I'll take that over morning sickness any day.

I don't like 1st tri...but after that I do enjoy it.

son#1 born 6/2010

son#2 born 4/2012

son#3 born 7/2014

• I love being pregnant from weeks 12-36

This totally.  I am so blessed to be pregnant, I love it, I really do.  But The fatigue and nausea really gets to me.

• I'll love being pg more when I go to my OB. Right now I'm nauseous but sometimes I think it's all in my head...
    {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • Valancyy said:

Actually, once the icky morning sickness part is over, I do love being pregnant.  I love feeling the baby move and having a baby bump.  (I'll admit it...I do kind of like the attention you get when you are clearly pregnant).

I even like it at the end when your pelvis starts getting achy and you can't roll over in bed without it being a 10 minute production.  I'll take that over morning sickness any day.

I don't like 1st tri...but after that I do enjoy it.

This exactly. Also, I love that pregnancy means you have something to look forward to and you are usually pretty busy planning for baby. I am one of those people that likes to have a vacation or a special occasion to look forward to and plan for. It keeps me motivated through the sucky days. Some of my fondest memories are of DH & I preparing for DD's arrival. Shopping for baby stuff, folding blankets & onesies neatly in the drawers, decorating the nursery. After the baby gets here all hell breaks lose and you don't have time for anything!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • HeatherHam10HeatherHam10 member
    edited January 2014
    Other than the anxious part and worrying about something going wrong I feel pretty normal so far in this pregnancy and it hasnt been too bad. Not saying it wont get there but Im 8 weeks and so far so good! So I guess I can see why it might be more enjoyable for some.

Me 28 DH 30

After 4+ years TTC

FET #2 = DS Madden Jeffery <3 July 29, 2014 <3
  • I loved my first pregnancy. Morning sickness was the worst part and that only lasted a few weeks. My last pregnancy I didn't love it. I hated getting sick and my dd knocking on the door asking me what's wrong then I had to deal with SPD and gallstones. I told my H I never wanna go through this again it's awful. Well here we are again and the worst thing is just being tired all the time and little nauseous. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I actually did love being pregnant last time... after first trimester, when I wasn't constantly terrified. (I also didn't have any morning sickness last time, so there's that.)

Who knows how I'll feel about it later, but right now, I'm looking forward to 2nd tri to see if I can reclaim the love. Partly I think it's because my girly hormones are all messed up, and being pregnant helps straightens them out, plus I have a (not deadly but VERY uncomfortable) autoimmune disease that goes away when I'm pregnant. Even having GD last time was worth a reprieve from that. Kinda made me want to be pregnant forever actually... (if I could somehow not have infinite children...)
    BFP #1: EDD 8/29/11, MMC 1/14/11. BFP #2: Damien Isaac born 12/16/11. BFP #3: Rowen Cole born 7/28/14. BFP #4: EDD 9/16/16.

Anniversary

baby blog

• I love being pregnant. Even though I am so tired I could fall asleep at my desk, my morning sickness is in the middle of the night, and insomnia at night I am loving every min of it. We went through fertility meds to get here and I am just so thankful to even be able to carry my own child that I don't mind the throwing up and exhaustion. Sure it makes me a bitch at times but I am loving it. I hope the 2nd tri is nicer to everyone though.
  • I loved being pregnant during my second tri. 1st and 3rd were torture.
  • I do have to say that every time the queasiness/fatigue starts to wear me down, I have a place I go to in my head where I try to focus on what a miracle it all is and all that warm fuzziness. Doesn't always work but most of the time I can take a second, lie down or eat something to ease the queasiness and move on feeling happy and grateful :)
    Southern California
    Together for six years, married for five
    BFP 12/06/13 - EDD 8/11/14 
    BABY BOY born 8/14/14!

• Ask me again in 3 weeks...
    image  image image

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • liz4paws said:

I totally love being pregnant. I fought for three years and lost two babies before this miracle. I am relishing in every minute of it.

Normally I would agree about the hate being pregnant but after you've lost a baby every symptom just means your body is doing what it's supposed to. So even though I'm exhausted and sick, ill take it. Before I had my miscarriage I remember telling a friend, this time is different than my first baby. I feel great! So happy to be sick and tired!!!! :)

• I remember with my first that I was MISERABLE during the first tri (couldn't sleep, eat, function on a basic daily level). After that I just remember being more tired than usual and truly uncomfortable (I'm shorter and had a very large baby who spent the last two months of my pg trying to stretch his feet up to my shoulders via my ribs). I feel pretty much the same way now as I did last time, but I also know how much it's worth it so I can deal a little better. Hang in there :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I felt like that the first time around and this time isn't panning out very well either. I had a very close friend who was due only two months behind me who was that freak of nature who had no sickness, felt energetic, and glowing and beautiful. She was bizarre and even huge, third trimester belly was like lets do jumping jacks... lets go run a marathon. Weirdo! I am a pukey, sick, exhausted, emotional, at times depressed mess. I think the hormones mess with people differently no matter how much happy thinking you do. That being said you're totally allowed to feel grumpy because we all know that you are still amazingly grateful for the growing bean or at least that's how I feel. I keep thinking holy shit what a strike of luck it was so easy to get pregnant again and then oh god, someone save me as I pull my car over to puke on the side of the road. My boss once told me that she lost three pregnancies and swore when she was able to carry a baby to term she wouldn't complain about being pregnant at all. Which she didn't but still said being pregnant is awful after she had her little boy! :) 

• I loved pregnancy the first time, I mean he was really easy on me. This time I don't know if I'm more nauseous than I was, or a little amnesia has kicked in, or I just feel crankier because I have a sleep-depriving toddler... but it's less enjoyable right now.

Still not as miserable as a lot of women have it, so I'll thank my lucky stars! But I recall early in J's pregnancy as more fun than this! Hopefully in a few weeks it'll be better again
  • I actually did love being pregnant last time... after first trimester, when I wasn't constantly terrified. (I also didn't have any morning sickness last time, so there's that.)

Who knows how I'll feel about it later, but right now, I'm looking forward to 2nd tri to see if I can reclaim the love. Partly I think it's because my girly hormones are all messed up, and being pregnant helps straightens them out, plus I have a (not deadly but VERY uncomfortable) autoimmune disease that goes away when I'm pregnant. Even having GD last time was worth a reprieve from that. Kinda made me want to be pregnant forever actually... (if I could somehow not have infinite children...)
    BFP #1: EDD 8/29/11, MMC 1/14/11. BFP #2: Damien Isaac born 12/16/11. BFP #3: Rowen Cole born 7/28/14. BFP #4: EDD 9/16/16.

Anniversary

baby blog

• I've been extremely fortunate to have minimal symptoms last pregnancy and so far this one is looking to go pretty easy too. Other than being so tired all the time I enjoy pregnancy. Maybe if I wasn't working full time and going to school full time I'd notice all the stuff that's actually going on with my body.
    Married April 12
    DD June 13
    #2 EDD 8/8/14 - DS July 14
    2 Furry Kids - 
    Rosco: The most awesome pug ever.
    Pumpkin: The most non-catlike cat ever.  
  • I think you are allowed to not enjoy pregnancy, even while being grateful for it.  The first trimester sucks for me due to m/s, extreme fatigue, having to pretend everything is normal while feeling like crap and spotting.  All the m/s in the world doesn't quell the mind when you are still spotting a little daily.  So, being sick as a dog doesn't make me feel better about being pregnant, if that makes sense.

I enjoy 2nd tri.  You are showing enough to look good but not yet elephant size, you have your energy back short term and you feel relatively normal.  Once I get into 3rd tri, I start to get sciatica pain, lower energy, squashed bladder and just generally start to feel very pregnant.  I still enjoy that more than 1st tri, but I'm usually slightly miserable and ready to be done by the end.  
    Lucas Arlo - 2/26/10, Cordelia Jane - 1/20/12 
    #3 is due 8/27/14

imageimage
  • I did not enjoy being pregnant the first time and I don't enjoy it so far this time. I was exhausted the entire time and even though the M/S got better it never went away completely.

I did enjoy feeling baby move and the attention that comes with having a big belly (and normally I don't enjoy being the center of attention). I remember the first time I went out by myself after DS was born and I was like "this is weird - no one is holding the door for me or smiling at me!"

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I actually do love being pregnant. And yes, I'm dealing with all the disgusting symptoms: hideous nausea and vomiting, exhaustion, diarrhea, dizziness, headaches. 

I try to stay positive because I'd rather be dealing with all this than suffering losses and/or infertility. 

I hope that doesn't come off snarky because I absolutely don't mean it that way. I don't think anyone who doesn't enjoy pregnancy is ungrateful or out of line at all. 
    ALLI & ERIK - 12.12.10
    Stella - 7.7.11 | Ian - 8.6.14 | Isaac- 7.20.18
    #4 due 4.22.23

• When I saw your title, I was thinking to myself, "what kind of drugs is this girl smoking?" Lol. Seriously, the people who say they love it are obviously on crack. I personally HATE it. I can't wait for the day that babies can be grown in a lab.
  • Well...yesterday DH came home with a positive test for the flu and since then has shared his germs. I started having morning sickness a week ago, but got B-Natal (amazing!) and started to feel better. Now, add on the flu and I am MISERABLE. At this point I am at 7 weeks....how the heck am I going to make it through???
  • Lol.... see i never meant to say I am not happy that i am going to be a mom.... the process BLOWS though lol Im with @loulou182.... can we please just do this hard part in a lab lol.

BabyFetus Tickerimageimage

• I can't wait for second trimester. I've heard it's amazing.
    BFP #1 12.9.11 - welcomed G & S 7.20.12
    BFP #2 9.20.13 - m/c 10.21.13
    BFP #3 12.15.13  due 8.29.14

imageimage

Pregnancy Ticker

Interested in a FB group? PM me :) 

• I am trying to enjoy things as much as I can but right now, I feel pretty crappy at least half the time. I keep reminding myself that I wanted this and the nausea is temporary and it could be much worse.

• Looking forward to the second trimester over here as well :( trying not to complain but man I am low on energy over here
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Absolutely hate the first half. Love the 2nd half. During my first trimester I always say I'm never doing this again, then I get out of the puking stage for the most part and love having a big belly and feeling the baby move. I love both L/Ds so far. But seriously ladies. Please hold me to the never again getting pregnant. The hubs has to get a V or no sex for him!
  • I completely agree!!!! The 2nd trimester isn't bad and it's so great feeling the baby move around. But all the other stuff is no picnic.

We worked hard for our babies and I'm grateful but that doesn't mean I have to love it. I just remind myself, it's only 9 months, just a blip in life.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers daisypath PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Unexplained infertility HSG-clear, DH SA-Great 3 cycles Clomid TI with OB/GYN Switched to RE Jan2011 Feb2011 100mg Clomid + trigger + #1 IUI=BFN Mar. 12,2011 100mg Clomid + Estradiol + #2 IUI BFP 3/20/11, Beta #1 12dpiui 174, Beta #2 17dpiui 1660, Beta #3 21dpiui 6687 image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"