C-sections
Options

Swollen incision?

So I had a RCS almost 2 weeks ago and I noticed that the right half of my incision is a bit swollen and sometimes if I'm doing too much it hurts a little or if I lay on my right side for too long. I took the steristrips or whatever off like late last week as my doctor said and that's when I noticed the swelling.

My doctor never said anything about swelling just if it starts bleeding, is hot/warm, or looks red to call.

Now the swelling is actually on the incision not above or below. I'm planning on calling my doctor in a couple hours, they're on break now, but I was wondering if anyone has experienced this before?

Not sure if swelling is a sign of infection or not. The left side of my incision is fine and doesn't hurt at all really.

Re: Swollen incision?

• Options
    I think I had this too with my first and my doc wasn't concerned, but I agree with you, it's worth a call to be sure.  Are you taking motrin or any other painkillers?  If not, I would go ahead and start taking that for at least a couple more weeks or at least ask your doc if she thinks you should?  It helps with inflammation and I remember that with my first I was so proud of myself for being able to go without any pain meds after a few days and my OB totally chewed me out for not taking motrin b/c it helps with healing.  Lesson learned.

• Options
    petitmonstreepetitmonstree member
    edited January 2014
    I was taking Percocet for the first week and when that ran out I switched to the ibuprofen I was prescribed. I took the last one yesterday and that's when I noticed it was more painful on the right side. I just got some over the counter ibuprofen to take.

Ugh I'm hoping it's not an infection though. =/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"