Orange County Babies
Options

Thinking about TTC

Hi ladies,

As the new year approaches, we are thinking about starting our family after 3.5 years of marriage.  Any advice on how and what to prepare?  Physically, mentally, emotionally, etc,...

TIA!

Re: Thinking about TTC

• Options
    Definitely start taking prenatal vitamins. Other people will probably recommend TTC books. Good luck!
  • Options

I definitely reccommend this book: Taking Charge of your Fertility. Helped me a lot.

Also - try not to stress about it or think about it all the time. I feel that makes it harder on you and your body.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Prenatal vitamins, cut down caffeine, cut down alcohol,

read ..."Before Your Pregnancy, A 90days Guide for Couples on How ti Prepare for a Healthy Conception" this book tells you what you should do for your body, your partners health, mental, financial and more....

and have fun!!!!!! 

GL!

• Options

I would definitely start taking prenatal vitamins and a DHA supplement. If nothing else, it will just help you have shiny hair and strong nails until you conceive.

I tried charting my temperature for the first 3 months I was off the pill, but found that it stressed me out too much, plus it didn't work for me. I guess it doesn't work for everyone.

Depending on how long you've been on the pill, allow some time for it to get out of your system before you start stressing out about not conceiving. I've heard that it can take anywhere from 3-9 months. It took about 3 months for us. I had been on the pill for about 6 years non-stop.

Oh, and when the Dr. tells you to "try" every other day when you think you're ovulating, they're not joking. My cycles were really crazy, so I took my longest cycle, and shortest cycle, and figured out a week and a half span of when I might be ovulating and that's when we really "tried". The first month we were actually consistant with "trying", we conceived.

Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"