Alabama Babies
Options

XP: Quad screen results...(long)

Also on the nest... 

So DH and I were on our way to Huntsville on Thursday when my doctor called me....I knew it couldn't be good.  He said the results from my quad screen last Monday had come back with an increased chance of the baby having Spina Bifida.  He said with me having the ultrasound and her not seeing anything on there that it was probably either a minor defect or a false positive.

I fully understand (from working in the lab) how sensitive screening tests are, and that lots of things can interfere and cause false results.  I also feel better from having 2 ultrasounds where neither tech saw anything suspicious.  Also, the screen is just for the chance, not for the actual defect.  After DH and I googled everything there is to know about the defect and the quad screen, we are hoping that the gestational age is off a few days and that caused a false positive. 

I am going to UAB for a target ultrasound as soon as possible, the office hasn't called me back with the appointment date yet.  The dr. said from what the u/s tech said and him going back and checking out the pics/measurements that if he had to be the final say right then, he would say false positive.  I'm not going to say he wasn't concerned, but he did say he didn't see an urgency for the trip to UAB, but he knew once he told me I would want to get it checked out asap. 

Please help us pray that the test is false and the ultrasound is negative! Thanks ladies :)

Re: XP: Quad screen results...(long)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"