June 2013 Moms
Options

FYI You can get cash for you Bumbo

I had one with a try from my first and posted it on a local swap site.  Several people commented that since they're recalled, you can return them to Walmart or Target without a box or receipt since they're going back to the Bumbo people.  FTR, I think the recall is dumb but I did return mine last weekend and got $42 for the Bumbo and the tray so for those STMs who have the older version without the strap, you might want to do that.  Apparently you can't even sell the Bumbo as is (or consign it) so the options would be to trash it or get the recall fix kit from Bumbo.
Formerly known as elmoali :)

Re: FYI You can get cash for you Bumbo

• Options
    Wait, walk me through this
                                                                  #Bodymber14 #Bodygate #itsMillerTime

Bradley 05-04-11 & Tyler 06-18-13
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    THATS AMAZING!! I was just about to sell mine on Craigslist for $15!

• Options
    WasNotWas said:
    THATS AMAZING!! I was just about to sell mine on Craigslist for $15!
    I had mine on a swap spot and like 5 people were like "Take this down and go to Target!" :)

• Options
    Sweet! This is why I love this board!!!!
    BTW- should we be worried? What was the recall for?
  • Options
    @elmoali, I just Googled it and the recall was from August 2012. Is this a new recall? Are they going to take back my Bumbo that was purchased in 2013. I know you're not Miss Bumbo, but I'm just wondering if perhaps this only applies to older Bumbo seats.
  • Options
    Hm, does yours have the strap?  If it does, it wouldn't qualify because that's the "fix."

• Options
    Sweet! Thanks!
    imageimageimage
    My two girls Flower and Ayla Faye
  • Options
    Someone posted about this is on FB and noticed the article was from 2012.  I think someone is going around FB(my page not our group) posting sold stuff  because someone posted about formula recall that was 2 years old.

DS1 2-26-07
    DS2 10-18-10
    M/C 8-5-12
    DS3  6-21-13
    #4 Due May 2015

IT'S A BOY

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p577/Jennidyan1109/23d540d6-b829-444c-8c32-e5df839d3d41.jpg?t=1417822558

• Options
    Damn. Mine has a strap. I don't even use the damn thing!!

• Options
    My target says because it's a voluntary recall and I have nothing saying I bought it here they can't do anything.

• Options
    I'm gonna try Walmart

• Options
    Biggest load of crappola because my Target was like "Yup, no problem at all."  Definitely try Walmart.

• Options
    I'm going to call my Target tomorrow. Hoping they have the same policy as yours because who couldn't use a target gift card?!? ;)
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I posted the article on the facebook group when it showed up on my news feed that day. Promptly took it down when someone pointed out it was from 2012. I didn't read it close enough first...

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I always find it odd how news stories come back after a few years.....is there not enough going on in the world that we have to bring up old stuff? lol 
  • Options
    I returned ours to Walmart last year and walked out with cash, too. :) I like the Super Seat better than Bumbo anyway.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I posted the article on the facebook group when it showed up on my news feed that day. Promptly took it down when someone pointed out it was from 2012. I didn't read it close enough first...
    That would be me.

DS1 2-26-07
    DS2 10-18-10
    M/C 8-5-12
    DS3  6-21-13
    #4 Due May 2015

IT'S A BOY

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p577/Jennidyan1109/23d540d6-b829-444c-8c32-e5df839d3d41.jpg?t=1417822558

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"