2nd Trimester
Options

Scent cravings? What's that about?

For the past few weeks I have had the weirdest smell cravings. Something will pop up in my head and suddenly I have this extremely strong desire to smell wet sand or drywall. Then I can't get it out of my mind. Like a CRAZY PERSON. I'm not sure if I'd call it pica because I don't want to eat it. I've even been carrying a jar of eucalyptus bath salts around because they smell like clay! Anyone have this?!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Scent cravings? What's that about?

• Options
    I have a co-worker whose sister used to smell Palmolive dish soap while eating ice cubes....

• Options
    Read247Read247 member
    edited January 2014
    I was like that my last pregnancy. I couldn't get enough of the smell of fabric softener and bleach. Even dishwashing detergent because it had bleach in it! I didn't want to eat it, just loved to smell it.

ETA: I would dab liquid fabric softener on my sweater sleeves like perfume so I could smell it all day.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When SO and I were redoing the bathroom, I couldn't get enough of the smell of the cement backerboard we used to line the shower before tiling.  SO thought I was crazy.
  • Options
    Friend of mine craved the smell of automobile tires and WD-40 when she was pregnant. o.O

A14 Siggy Challenge (November): Favorite Fall Smell
  • Options
    That's funny, I guess it's not totally unusual after all. I've had so much blood work done so I know I'm not iron deficient, so as long as I'm not eating cement or huffing bath salts then I'm good.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"