May 2014 Moms

1st Trimester Forum Irritation

I need to stop reading those threads over there. I can honestly say that some of the women on that board somehow have the ability to put me in a worse mood than any person I physically have around me. Slamming. Head. Into. Wall.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 1st Trimester Forum Irritation

• Yes! I made a Bump Resolution for the new year to stay away. I did end up checking out the one thread someone linked from here, where the poster when BSC about her 7 week appointment being cancelled, but I'm staying away from reading any other threads. Way too much stoopid.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ahhh- I need to do the same thing. It truly takes up way too much of my time and is pathetically a huge source of frustration for me.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • How do you even see these lol I laugh sometimes when you guys post them but I'm on mobile and only get this forum for some reason
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How do you even see these lol I laugh sometimes when you guys post them but I'm on mobile and only get this forum for some reason
    On my iphone on TB mobile, I have the "my birth club" forum, but then over to the side it says "forums" that's how I see the other forums when I'm on mobile.  Maybe yours isn't set up the same?

imageimageimage

On my iphone on TB mobile, I have the "my birth club" forum, but then over to the side it says "forums" that's how I see the other forums when I'm on mobile.  Maybe yours isn't set up the same?

Ahh I see thank you I've always just went straight to my birth club
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You mean you didn't see the "milkshake" question!  Even that one had my DH rolling....with all the gifs and stuff!  It was pretty funny!
    Married 3/30/13- me, 36  DH, 38
    BFP #1 4/15/13  EDD: 12/25/13- triplets M/C 6/1/13
    BFP#2 9/14/13   DD-born on 5/13/14

• MamaMkay said:

Maybe I need to go over there and be angry instead of taking it out on DH. Poor guy..

For the sake of your H... DO IT.
    For the sake of your sanity... STAY FAR AWAY.

• Tkhixen said:
    You mean you didn't see the "milkshake" question!  Even that one had my DH rolling....with all the gifs and stuff!  It was pretty funny!
    Was it one of those "I ate/drank xyz and now I'm afraid my baby will be one of the x-men?" type of things?
  • The milkshake question was classic. She was asking if the drink she took from her husband's milkshake was safe/ok because it didn't say pasteurized on the bottle.
    The make-up question was good too.
  • Not only are a lot of the things asked just off the wall, but the amount of people over there just waiting for those off the wall questions/comments is heightened too. I'm not saying these members don't offer support or help at all, but the responses to these ridiculous questions is what provides half the entertainment!

• @MamaMkay - that thread surprisingly has not blown up yet. Go be that person that starts that PLEASE. I'm bored with all the other ones now. I never have the guts to comment on any of these because I know that it will take over my day more than it already does...

• I put it down to 1st tri hormones. I remember it being pretty crazy over here when we were all in our 1st tri, but it seems to have calmed down now. I know that hormones can make you snappy, but I didn't realise it made some people completely and utterly illogical. 

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

05/30/13 - MMC - BO @ 12wks 5d

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

09/17/13 - 7wks 2d - Normal HB Detected! Baby measuring perfect for dates and positioning!  

10/23/13 - 12wks 3d - Perfect NT scan! HB 167 & baby wriggling, waving & yawning!

12/17/13 - 20wks 2 d - We're having a beautiful baby girl! Go Team Pink!

05/03/14 - Bobbie Gloria was born at 39+6 weighing 6lb 14oz!

• reneewhite90reneewhite90 member
    edited January 2014
    From what I've seen, I could be wrong because I'm just a big time lurker over there, but the majority of the illogical people are the ones that are in their 1st trimester and could POSSIBLY be chalked up to hormones. The snarky/snappy comments are mainly from people that have previously had children or are further along. Again... This just from what I've seen and, like I said at the beginning, these same snarky commenters do offer quite a bit of helpful info and support along with being snappy.

I will say that the hormonal 1st trimester "dummies" per say do seem to be the ones that after getting a snarky response from another member, fly off the handle and really show their crazy. And when that happens... My whole day is wasted.

• jjh471jjh471 member
    edited January 2014
    As someone who posted on that bored (until I discovered the birth month ones) I have to say those bitches are fing crazy.
    February Siggy Challenge May 2014: Favorite Wedding Photoimage
  • Tkhixen said:
    You mean you didn't see the "milkshake" question!  Even that one had my DH rolling....with all the gifs and stuff!  It was pretty funny!
    Was it one of those "I ate/drank xyz and now I'm afraid my baby will be one of the x-men?" type of things?
    Yes!!! She drank 2 sips of her husbands milkshake and freaked out because she didn't know if it was pasterized!  That one is worth reading..just for the gifs!
    Married 3/30/13- me, 36  DH, 38
    BFP #1 4/15/13  EDD: 12/25/13- triplets M/C 6/1/13
    BFP#2 9/14/13   DD-born on 5/13/14

• Tkhixen said:

Tkhixen said:

Yes!!! She drank 2 sips of her husbands milkshake and freaked out because she didn't know if it was pasterized!  That one is worth reading..just for the gifs!

Oh no. No. No no. =))
    February Siggy Challenge May 2014: Favorite Wedding Photoimage
  • The first tri board has always been ridiculous...on both sides. It was this way even when I had my DS. There are a ton of stupid questions asked over and over again and a lot of flaming. What really annoys me is the amount of misinformation I regularly see spoken as gospel.
    IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
    2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
    BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
    Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
    BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:
  • IBackBevoIBackBevo member
    edited January 2014
    I can not believe the post about the canceled appointment is still going on. And it continued into a nub post.

Edit: quotes
    IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
    2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
    BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
    Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
    BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:
  • Bitches over there need to let things lie. Its like a darn playground. At least here if someone says something blameworthy in UO or FFFC, it's forgotten about in a couple of days. On 1st tri it's like they take the bait and run with it. Just chill. You don't have to be over the top bitches about everything! People ask stupid questions sometimes, but you don't have to call them out about it in every thread or create new ones about it. I guess our hormones have settled over here. 

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

05/30/13 - MMC - BO @ 12wks 5d

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

09/17/13 - 7wks 2d - Normal HB Detected! Baby measuring perfect for dates and positioning!  

10/23/13 - 12wks 3d - Perfect NT scan! HB 167 & baby wriggling, waving & yawning!

12/17/13 - 20wks 2 d - We're having a beautiful baby girl! Go Team Pink!

05/03/14 - Bobbie Gloria was born at 39+6 weighing 6lb 14oz!

• Tkhixen said:
    Ok... If my DS came out as an X-men, that would AWESOME!!!! I'll take any excuse for a milkshake!
    May 14 Jan Siggy Challenge New Years resolutions I will not keep: Saving Money
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Tkhixen said:
    Dude, what? I want my baby to be one of the X-Men! What do I need to eat to make that happen????

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• Now I really, really want a milkshake!

BabyFruit Ticker

• DH brought me a milkshake from McDonalds. Will my baby have 3 heads?

Amount of heads is very dependent on what flavor you had...

• Now I'm curious. Here I go to investigate.
  • @ErBear1010 - You're in for a 4 header for sure. Hope you didn't have the whipped cream and cherry, too. I heard that causes 15-toe syndrome. Just sayin'.

• I have literally not clicked once on any of the trimester boards during this pregnancy. There is nothing to be gained there. During my pregnancy with DD, all the miscarriage hysteria (not by people who were actually miscarrying - just by everybody paranoid that they would) made me so much nervous than I would have been on my own, that I decided I needed to take a break from TB altogether for a few weeks.

Jess & Adam, married 2009, precious Audrey born in 2011. BFP 1/6/13, 6-wk MMC discovered at 9 wks 2/11/13. D&C 2/18/13, second D&C 4/23/13 for retained placenta.
    BFP 8/24/13!! EDD 5/1/14, delivered healthy and sweet Zoey Leanne on 5/5/14 by repeat c-section.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"