Baby Showers
Options

Anybody else stalking their registry?

I know I should wait to just be surprised but I just can't help myself. I find myself wandering to the BRU site daily to check out my registry & see if anything has been bought yet since my shower is now about a month away. Anybody else checking out their registry?

Melissa

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anybody else stalking their registry?

• Options
    MandJS said:
    I did for my wedding, but not for my baby. And honestly? Your registry is a suggestion, not a required shopping list. Also, people tend to buy the day of if they shop off registry. So don't be super surprised if things don't get "purchased". 
    I know this, I'm just super excited for it and want to see if anything is getting purchased. I mean I've been to showers in the past where I bought things off the registry but forgot to the tell the cashier so it never came off the registry. I know that just cause things aren't being purchased from the registry it doesn't mean nothing is being purchased.

Melissa

• Options
    I am like a kid when it comes to these things. So yes, I did, with both my bridal and baby showers. I also used to peek at my Christmas presents when I was a kid. I'm a horrible person.
    8-|
       image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    photo s622_zps5a9557e5.jpg photo 7ed57166-3187-446e-8404-f2ef169fe40f_zps238c4d05.jpg photo s620_zps504f3ce2.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Why would you be suprised to get something from your registry?  I mean, even if you don't ever check, it would be strange to be suprised to get something you registered for.  I would think you would be more "suprised" at the gifts you did not register for.

That being said, yes, I did check, but I tried not to let on that I did.  It's a little cheesy.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options

Why would you be suprised to get something from your registry?  I mean, even if you don't ever check, it would be strange to be suprised to get something you registered for.  I would think you would be more "suprised" at the gifts you did not register for.

That being said, yes, I did check, but I tried not to let on that I did.  It's a little cheesy.

When I say "surprised" I mean I know I'm not gonna get everything on my registry so I should probably just wait to be "surprised" to see what I actually do get from it but I just can't help looking. I know when I get something from my registry I'm obviously not going to be like "Oh my gosh how did you know what to get me?" or "This is something I would have picked out for myself!"

Melissa

• Options
    I totally stalked my wedding and baby registries.  Daily.

Oscar born October 2011

Miscarriage at 8 weeks (August 2013)

DD due September 1, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Yes, I did. Part of it was just me being nosy, but I did have a practical purpose for it too. By keeping an eye on my registry, I was able to get an idea of what my husband and I would still need to buy after the shower. Since I was diagnosed with preeclampsia at about 31 weeks, and there was a possibility I might have to be admitted to the hospital soon after my shower, it was great keeping a running list in my head of what we still needed so that we could go as soon after the shower as possible to get anything we still needed. (We had already bought all of the absolute essentials like diapers, wipes, and a crib, and my in-laws had already bought us a car seat.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"