January 2014 Moms
Options

Abigail Carol's birth story.

slmille4slmille4 member
edited January 2014 in January 2014 Moms
Sorry for no updates since Thursday but it's been a crazy couple of days.
Thursday woke up with crampy contractions that were five minutes a part and I woke up damp but not soaking wet so called the doc and they said go on in. Turns out water wasn't broken and they thought it could be just pre-labor and could stop so they sent me home.
Progressively throughout the day contractions got stronger and varied between 7 to 10 min apart but then jumped to 3 to 5. Go back (in a snow storm mind you) and I'm only dilated 2 cm so they wanted me to labor at home. They gave me an ambien and told me to try to sleep. Ummm, yeah got maybe 20 minutes sleep and had to breathe through them but they slowed from 7 to 10 again. Luckily had my scheduled appointment and they told me to come in early. Get checked and I was now a 3 and with the amount of pain I was in she told me to go on in.
I get admitted and I'll tell you what cervical exams when your baby is very low is not a fun thing!
My contractions were horrible in my back and at that point I hadn't slept in 30 hours so asked for an epidural and they broke my water. Then the real fun started. Since all my pain was in my back they knew she was posterior but once the epidural came I didn't get any relief in my left hip and it got extremely bad. Like I was swearing and couldn't breathe through it pain. I required two boluses in my epidural and I jumped from 5 to 8 cm. but again it wore off after 10 minutes and they found my cervix was swelling and closing back up.
Doctor decided at 11pm to go forward with a c section. I was so happy to get a complete spinal block at that point. Abby was born at 12:02 am after nearly 48 hours of laboring. Doctor said she would not have been able to be vaginally delivered as she was wedged in my pelvis.
She has a full head of blonde hair. Will post pictures soon as DH put them all on his phone.
I was nervous how I would feel finally meeting her but that first cry made me cry and I was in love instantly.
Good luck to the other ladies. I see there was a lot of activity while I was gone so I'll try and catch up.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Abigail Carol's birth story.

• Options
    Congratulations on your little girl! 
    Met & fell in love in '02 Married in '10
    Our first is in Heaven- we said goodbye in September 2012
  • Options
    Congratulations on your baby girl! Can't wait to see pictures!
    imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats mama!!

Married 3/17/2005
    M/C #1 2005 - 6wks
    M/C #2 2006 - 7wks
    M/C #3 2008 - 11wks
    Baby Aeneas Born 1/20/2014
  • Options
    Congratulations!

• Options
    Congratulations!
    Married 3/5/11
    BFP: 6/19/12, D&C 8/23/12
    BFP: 5/17/13, Born 12/16/2013

imageimageimage
    January Siggy Challenge: When I am done breastfeeding...

• Options
    Congratulations! Love the name Abby :)
    DS 2014 ❤
    DD 2016 ❤

• Options
    Sorry you had such a rough time, but glad to hear that she's here! Congrats to you and YH
  • Options
    So sorry for the long labor, but glad it turned out ok!!! Congratulations!
  • Options
    Congrats!! I hate you had that pain but so glad it all worked out!!
  • Options
    Congrats on your baby girl! Love the name. Our baby will be Abigail Morgan. :)

I'm 33 DH is 36 
    Married 6/27/2009 Together since 10/22/2005
    TTC since 8/2010 (off BCP since 8/2009) 
    Unexplained Infertility
    8/2011, 1/2012, 3/2012 IUI #1-3 BFN 
    6/2012 IVF#1 BFN, 8/2012 IVF#2 FET BFN, 11/2012 IVF#3 BFP
    12/10/2012 U/S #1 6w4d - heartbeat  EDD 8/1/13 
    12/26/2012 U/S #2 8w6d - No more heartbeat, MMC; D&C; Chromosome testing normal; male :( RPL testing normal 
    4/3/2013 DX Asherman's Syndrome caused by D&C, hysteroscopy done
    June 2013 IVF #4 planned 
    5/12/2013 SURPRISE BFP! Natural cycle 
    7/11/2013 Panorama results Normal!!! Team Pink, partial previa moved up in 2nd tri9/5/13 (19w) AS scan shows short cervix, 2.5 cm 9/19 (21w)  Cervix is worse 1.87cm, bed rest 10/26 & 10/27 steroid shots 12/19 (35w) DX: SGA Baby went from 57% percentile to 18th percentile in 6 weeks. Weekly BPP and NST until she is here. 1/17/18 Growth scan puts Abby below 10th percent in size, low amniotic fluid, and less movement. Time to induce!
    1/18/14 2:11am Abigial Morgan is here! 5lbs 14oz and 18 inches of pure cuteness!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Congrats!
    July 2015 Jan Siggy Challenge: Snow Fails/Funnies

BFP #5 11/15/14, Team Green EDD 7/22/15

BFP #4 4/30/13, baby girl born med-free Jan. 2014

BFP #3 9/24/12, Missed m/c at 9w1d (baby measured 8w5d)

BFP #2 9/23/10, healthy baby girl born med-free June 2011

BFP #1 5/21/10, Missed m/c at 10w4d (baby measured 8wks), D&C 6/29/10

"Life is like a camera, just focus on what's important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, just take another shot."

• Options
    Glad to hear everything turned out well in the end and you got your beautiful girl. You certainly had to endure a lot!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats!!
  • Options
    Congrats on your baby girl!!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• Options
    Congrats on your LO!
    Married 3/5/11
    BFP: 6/19/12, D&C 8/23/12
    BFP: 5/17/13, Born 12/16/2013

imageimageimage
    January Siggy Challenge: When I am done breastfeeding...

• Options
    Congrats on your healthy baby girl!

Baby Lexi: BFP: May 12, 2013 (Mother's Day), EDD: January 21, 2014
  • Options
    congrats!

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7
    PgAL

• Options
    Congrats!
  • Options
    Congrats!
  • Options
    Congratulations!
    photo babbbbby1smaller.jpg

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations!
    OHM born 12/16/11, BAM born 1/10/14, mmc 06/30/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations on your sweet baby girl.
    I can't wait to meet you Neva Margaret Rebecca
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations!!! Beautiful name!
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats...what a story! Enjoy your little girl!

• Options
    Congrats! Welcome to the world, Abigail!
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

Jacob & Audra - married since 05.28.11
    Emma Kate - born 10.16.03 @ 29 weeks, weighed 1lb 13oz and 13.5" long.
    Ozzy Joseph - born 11.01.13 @ 31 weeks, weighed 3lbs 7oz and 16" long.
    TTC #3
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"