Toddlers: 24 Months+

New Years Eve w/ LO?

Anyone incorporating LO into their NYE plans?

DH is working until almost 8 and gets up to go to work again around 4:30 am, so we're not going out or having friends over. I will probably end up having a single glass of champagne by myself since there's no way DH is gonna stay up until midnight. I was thinking maybe before DD's bedtime I'd let her "toast" with some juice as a special treat. She is scared of fireworks, otherwise I'd take her to go watch some with me. I can't really think of anything else I could do with her. She is kind of too little to care about the new year but I want to mark the occasion somehow.

What are you guys doing?

image image Visit The Nest!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: New Years Eve w/ LO?

• Nothing.  DD doesn't know the difference, wouldn't like fireworks yet (she doesn't like loud noises), and anything would be way past her bedtime.

Of course, *I* won't do anything special for it either... :)
    IMG_8355
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am considering taking them to the zoo for their NYE celebration. They are ringing in noon with a balloon drop, games, etc. If not, we will ring in 8 pm with juice, balloons, and noise makers at home.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We have an awesome situation. We will be going to a party for adults. The children will be a few streets away at another friends house. We are paying a sitter $5/hr per kid. The kids are all about the same age (2-3ish) so it shouldn't be to hard for her to put them all down in different rooms. She will also make a killing.

• Anyone incorporating LO into their NYE plans?

DH is working until almost 8 and gets up to go to work again around 4:30 am, so we're not going out or having friends over. I will probably end up having a single glass of champagne by myself since there's no way DH is gonna stay up until midnight. I was thinking maybe before DD's bedtime I'd let her "toast" with some juice as a special treat. She is scared of fireworks, otherwise I'd take her to go watch some with me. I can't really think of anything else I could do with her. She is kind of too little to care about the new year but I want to mark the occasion somehow.

What are you guys doing?
    I was thinking a toast as well before bed for my DD#1 with some sparkling cider. DH also gets up and goes to work at 430am so I will probably watch the ball drop alone.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We're having a "party" in the afternoon with one of those Target NYE kits (headbands, noisemakers, random crap) and juice.

We'll then let her have some apps with us before bed.

We lead such an exciting life.

I'll read a book, H will watch a movie and we'll be fast asleep by 10 ha.

• We are going to a Noon-Years Eve party at a local mall during the day and she will go down for a late nap.  Our neighbor throws a party every year that we go to. 

First year we put her to bed upstairs and just carried her home (across the a residential street) afterwards.  Last year the plan was to do the same thing but we lost track of time and didn't notice till it was already 11:15, so we just gave her a bath (at the neighbors), put her in jammies and brought her downstairs to finish ringing in the new year.  She was living it up at the party, so many people to see, food to eat, things to do (they have an air hockey table, xbox with a dance party game, pool table...).

So we plan to do the same thing this year, if she starts to show signs of being too tired we will put her to bed, but I have a feeling she will out party us.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Last year we youtubed a previous year's countdown and did it at like 8:00.  Kids didn't know the difference.  :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Not this year.
    Last year we brought DD to the same friends' party that we're going to this year, and we all slept over there.  Our friends have a son about DD's age, so they played until bed time and then he went to bed in his crib and DD went to bed in a PNP in the guest room where we would be sleeping.  It was a mess.  DD did not want to go to bed, and it took something like an hour of soothing her until she finally fell asleep.  This year, she's staying with my parents, and we're going home at the end of the night so that we can take care of our dog in the morning before we have to go out on New Year's Day.  My parents and DD are meeting us at the beach where DH and I are doing a Penguin Plunge to raise money for Special Olympics.
  • I was planning too. I had it all planned out that we would have pizza and a movie and celebrate around 8pm with DD and let her toast with sparkling apple cider in a plastic flute with some noisemakers and stuff but then she decided it would be a good day to skip her nap and so she was in bed by 6pm lol. Oh well, next year.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"