June 2013 Moms
Options

Infantino Pouch Station = awesome

My friend got it for "Quinn" for Christmas because I had said how cool it looks.  It's the damn simplest thing but I love it :)  I already made carrots with apples, peas with pears and squash with blueberries.  My pre-schooler scarfed down the carrot/apple one and a squash/blueberry one so it's already a win because that boy does not love his veggies.  I definitely recommend it :)
Formerly known as elmoali :)

Re: Infantino Pouch Station = awesome

• Options
    I've been eyeing this - can you freeze them?
    Definitely!  They actually sell a holder for the freezer but I'm sure it's overpriced and something you can manage with a tupperware container.  I put mine in a ziploc.  You just can't microwave them (not that you probably would).  You have to defrost them at room temp or warm water.

• Options
    There are also reuasble pouches on Amazon.
    I've been debating back and forth on buying some.
    (It's also cheaper to buy the pouches for this on Amazon.)
    To be honest, I already reused two of the pouches.  My son ate the puree, I rinsed it right away in hot soapy water and refilled it with puree to be frozen.  As long as the puree is still wet, you can really force the hot water inside the pouch and get it totally clean, IMO.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I feel dumb asking this, but I don't understand why you would use this. How is it different than freezing puréed food in ice cube trays?
  • Options
    I feel dumb asking this, but I don't understand why you would use this. How is it different than freezing puréed food in ice cube trays?

It's not necessary right now but pouches are AWESOME for allowing them to self feed purees and they travel really well.  My older son will eat damn near anything if it comes in a pouch so as much as I try to get him to eat his veggies, if he'll eat pureed stuff in a pouch, it's better than nothing :)

• Options

Andddd the big reveal. I'm like 2 days behind on TB bc I've spent last night and today making 5 million pouches with the same 6 ingredients. And I made homemade butt paste (raw shea butter, coconut oil, arrowroot, lavender, calendula, chamomile) and infused baby oil. This when I was supposed to be having my facial/mani/pedi/shop before I got snowed in and haven't even brushed my teeth yet.image

Wow. I applaud you.
    You are inspiring me to get mine out ( Christmas present from my sister in law).
    September Sig challenge: Fall
    imageimage
  • Options
    I'm so glad you posted this. I had one in my hand at BrU yesterday and put it down and literally said to DH "I'm going to ask the 'June gals' if anyone has used one. 
  • Options
    ASmallWonderASmallWonder member
    edited January 2014
    I love this thing so much.  Evidence below lol  Oh and the thing with the clear dome behind the pouches?  Yogurt maker that I got as a gift and love already.   You can make so much for so cheap.  I made a batch with organic whole milk (some vanilla bean and some with strawberries and blueberries) and it came out awesome.

Hm, no picture.  I'll have to try again.

View Full Size Image

• Options
    It takes a while but is MEGA easy.  You pour however much milk you need into a saucepan and heat on low until it starts a low boil and start rising up the sides of the pan.  Then you add yogurt starter OR some plain yogurt you have (can be from a batch you made).  You whisk it into the milk and then pour into the little glass jar and add whatever fruit or flavorings you want.  Put the jars in the machine, cover and turn on.  Whole milk takes 8 hours in the machine.  Done.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"