January 2013 Moms

S/O Roll Call, GTKY Birthday Edition

edited January 2014 in January 2013 Moms
Since our babies are going to be one/already one I thought it would be fun to do a get to know you about their birthday/first year.

When is your LO's birthday?

When was your original Due Date?

Are you having/did you have a 1st Birthday party?

What was the theme?

What was the best moment in your LO's first year?

What was the hardest moment?

What are you most looking forward to in year two?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: S/O Roll Call, GTKY Birthday Edition

• When is your LO's birthday? January 26th

January 27th (if she takes after me this will be the only time in her life she arrives early to the party, haha!)

Yes, but I really have been slacking on planning. I need to get on that ASAP.

What was the theme? DD is obsessed with dogs, especially are dachshunds so it will be dog/dachshund themed, but pink and frilly too so it's still girly :)

So many, hearing her laugh for the first time, watching her and DH together, getting to experience the holidays together, but I think my favorite moments have always been when she falls asleep on me (which is rare these days) and just admiring what a miracle she is.

The first four weeks of her life were rough. She didn't sleep, we didn't sleep, she nursed constantly and I was just so anxious/overwhelmed and I think that stress was bad for both of us. But luckily it passed quickly.

All her continued development--can't wait to see her walking, talking more, interacting with other kids and just becoming a little person.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • When is your LO's birthday? January 3rd

January 2nd

Yes, a small one.

What is the theme? Puppies

All the get togethers with family. Swim lessons.

Weaning her off the swing.

Walking and talking.

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • When is your LO's birthday? January 8th

January 11th

Yes, it's on Saturday.

What was the theme? Winter Onederland

So many but I love to see her laugh and give kisses and hugs.

The first week dealing with Jaundice, losing weight, my milk not coming in, and whatnot.

All her continued development and seeing her with LO#2.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• When is your LO's birthday? January 12th

When was your original Due Date?  January 14th

Are you having/did you have a 1st Birthday party? Yes, on the 11th

What was the theme? Winter ONEderland with pink, silver, white and snowflakes

What was the best moment in your LO's first year? It is so hard to pick just one.  Probably all of the firsts, smiles,laughs, rolling over, crawling, learning to communicate, etc...

What was the hardest moment? There have been a lot.  DD has really struggled with gaining weight so dealing with that and the weekly occupational therapy for 3.5 months was a big challenge.  Also dealing with her hip dysplasia and intense separation anxiety. 

What are you most looking forward to in year two? I am excited to watch her personality develop even more than it already has.  
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• When is your LO's birthday? January 29th

January 17th

yes

What is the theme? no theme, just a party

What was the best moment in your LO's first year? when someone else is holding him and he reaches out for me to take him

What was the hardest moment? he got a concussion at 5 months old after falling from his stroller

What are you most looking forward to in year two? SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT!!!!! (hopefully, please!)
    IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP, DS born Jan 2013
    IVF/ICSI #2 - BFP, DD born Feb 2015
    IVF FET - BFP, due April 2017

• LOs birthday: Jan 16 Original due date: based on lmp Jan 5, based on first ultrasound at 12 weeks Jan 9 Are you having a birthday party? Yes. Mostly family and a few friends Theme: winter ONEderland Best moment in the first year? All of the firsts. First time holding my daughter, first smile, first laugh, first time she said Mama. Hardest moment? Sleep training. What am I looking forward to? Everything. Being able to do arts and crafts with dd. Watching dd develope new skills and learn new words.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• When is your LO's birthday?
    december 20

january 2

yes...it was dec 21

What was the theme?
    minnie mouse

so many..when she was born, her first smile, crawling, walking etc

breast feeding and deciding to switch it formula, taking her to day care

seeing more of her personality come through, her finally saying mommy

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• When is your LO's birthday? December 29

January 4

Did you have a 1st Birthday party?
    Yes, sort of. We ended up hosting a New Years Brunch yesterday and made it for DD's birthday. We are doing a "we survived" drinks event on Saturday for our friends.

What was the theme? DD's MN is Clementine so I did an orange theme

Her walking, she's a lot more fun now.

The first... 9.5 months. Kidding. Kind of. The scariest moment was when she fell, hit her head and blacked out.

She's like a real human now. I can't wait to run around in the grassy field with her.

• When is your LO's birthday? January 8th (my birthday as well)

January 19th

yes, but family only with just a cake

What is the theme? no theme

What was the best moment in your LO's first year? his first smile

What was the hardest moment? having formula shoved in my face when he was 5 days old and being told that my baby was "starving."  We tried the formula and he hated it.  The breastfeeding clicked soon after that and I just weaned him off the breast a few weeks ago.

What are you most looking forward to in year two? more words and sleeping through the night (hopefully)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    January 5th

January 1st

Yup. This Saturday.

What is the theme?
    Winter Forest friends

It's hard to pick. All the firsts. And now that he is starting to talk.

The early days when breastfeeding was so painful and the sleepless nights.

All the talking! :) and seeing a bond form with his new baby brother.

January 1st

January 9th

I did.

What was the theme?
    I set up some snowflakes on my ceiling for Winter Onederland, but after hosting Christmas Eve and my own birthday I jumped at my mom's offer to host today's party so no theme, just family, food, and presents. :)

Too many great moments. Every morning he wakes up happy and giggly. Pretty much every time I can get him to laugh...and the snuggles too.

When he was burned by the silver nitrate at his two month appointment and we had to take him to the ER and hold him down for a blood draw. :(

Having baby #2 and watching them grow up together. I bet John will be a wonderful big brother! <3
  • Birthday: Jan. 27 Due: originally Jan 28 then at my first ultrasound at 20 weeks they told me Jan. 20 Birthday Party: small one, family only Theme: we will probably do it the day of the pro bowl so we might have football type theme, but ats more for food than decorations. Best moment: his first real hardy laugh, the way he smiles when he's proud of himself, the first time he gave a legitimate hug and kiss to his daddy. Hardest moment: my recovery was pretty awful, the sleep regression from 4-6 months, and weaning. I am having a hard time with weaning, I didn't think it would be so emotional for me. Looking forward to: walking and talking and becoming more of a little person, and I agree with @thisdecaflife.....I can't wait to run through the grass with him.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • When is your LO's birthday? Dec 17

When was your original Due Date? Jan 3

Are you having/did you have a 1st Birthday party? Yes, she hated it. Cried the entire time, refused to eat cake then slept for 18 of the next 24 hours.

What was the theme? Cupcakes

What was the best moment in your LO's first year? Everything she does! At each age I think this is the best age! Then she does something new and I think no THIS is the best!

What was the hardest moment? Breastfeeding in the beginning

What are you most looking forward to in year two? I love her understanding of her world. She's starting to really interact with her toys, and with us, I love seeing things "click" for her.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • jobiannjobiann member
    edited January 2014
    When is your LO's birthday? December 30th

When was your original Due Date? January 10th

Are you having/did you have a 1st Birthday party? We had two parties (not my choice, wanted to accommodate DS's out of town aunts/uncles)

What was the theme? We did a zoo theme for DH's family and a baseball theme for my family. And when I say theme I mean the cake detail, coordinating colors of plates, napkins and balloons, theme party hats. We didn't go too crazy with decorations.

What was the best moment in your LO's first year? There is no way I can pick one, I clearly remember most of his big milestones, him saying Dada and Mama, rolling over, crawling, standing and now walking. I also remember the first time he started to smile, give kisses and hugs. So many great ones!

What was the hardest moment? When he is sick, he was sick with a high fever 103-104 for about six days, it was so hard to see him feel so bad and to give him Tylenol/Motrin every 3 hours to keep the fever down. 

What are you most looking forward to in year two? Him walking better and talking more. He already says so many things but I'm excited for more! Spring and summer will be fun because we can play outside and run around! So exciting!

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

Jan 28
    Jan 21
    We will on Jan 25
    What was the theme?
    Beauty and the Beast
    There are too many! Her first words, her sweet kisses, all her milestones and her constant smiling.
    Not being able to breast feed like if hoped. Having to go back to work.
    More milestones like walking, and being able to have a conversation.
    BabyName Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • When is your LO's birthday? January 18

When was your original Due Date?january 31

Are you having/did you have a 1st Birthday party? Yes we are on the 19th

What was the theme? Not a real theme but the color purple

What was the best moment in your LO's first year? All if her firsts

What was the hardest moment? Recovery from delivery, returning to work

What are you most looking forward to in year two? Her personality show more, her next milestones , better sleep schedule
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    January 29th

January 19th

Yes, we are throwing it on the 25th

What was the theme?
    Lil Prince

Absolutely everything. 

When DS pedi thought he had hydronephrosis and we had to take him to Children's Hospital to run tests.

DS sleeping through the night...Hopefully.

image image image
  • When is your LO's birthday? 1/15

When was your original Due Date? Originally it was 1/15 then it was pushed back to 1/20

Are you having/did you have a 1st Birthday party? We are! It's on the 19th. I just finished addressing the invitations. It's just family.

What was the theme? Hm.. yea I haven't decided yet... I need to get on that.

What was the best moment in your LO's first year? most of it! I love his little laugh and the way he climbs on me when I get home from work. My favorite part of the day is coming home and seeing him beaming at me.

What was the hardest moment? Getting mastitis a week or so after he was born. Dealing with that while taking care of a newborn was a nightmare. The night after his 3 months shots was pretty terrible too. We ended up in the hospital and he had to have two blood draws. It was awful.

What are you most looking forward to in year two? I can't wait for him to start talking more.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    January 7th

January 10th

We will be having a party of mostly family and a few friends at DH's parents house on the 18th.

What was the theme?
    Not sure of a theme yet... maybe just pink and green or Minnie Mouse

Watching her bond with her big sister.

All her accidents... like her Mommy she's quite accident prone.

Watching her walk, begin to talk, and interact even more with her sister.  I can't wait to see what kind of relationship they develop.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Since our babies are going to be one/already one I thought it would be fun to do a get to know you about their birthday/first year.

When is your LO's birthday?
    January 8

January 8 !

Yep - next Saturday:)

What was the theme?
    ONEderland

There were so many amazing things... the first time she smiled at me was amazing, I loved holding her during naps and watching her milk drunk smiles, when she first crawled and took her first steps... basically, almost everything.

Watching her struggle as she learns new things, like falling when she's walking and getting hurt. I want to protect her, but I know she has to learn to do things.

Watching her continue to develop her personality (she already cracks me up!), learning more words, and maybe sleep? haha.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • When is your LO's birthday? January 16th 
    When was your original Due Date? January 20th
    Are you having/did you have a 1st Birthday party? Yes, we will have her party on the 18th
    What was the theme? Sesame Street
    What was the best moment in your LO's first year? Seeing her go through all her milestones and calling me mama
    What was the hardest moment? TEETHING!
    What are you most looking forward to in year two? Walk and talk! Developing her personality
  • When is your LO's birthday? December 30th

When was your original Due Date? January 14th

Are you having/did you have a 1st Birthday party? Yes, last Sunday

What was the theme? 
    No theme; pretty small party with immediate family and one friend's family

It is so hard to pick the single best moment but in general LO seemed to enjoy life much more once she could sit up on her own. That's when she started to get really playful.

The first 6 months were quite hard because LO was a touchy baby for sure. She pretty much took every nap on my body until about 6-7 months old. What was I thinking??? We had many hours of snuggling time but I really love her independent nap time now. 

It's hard to imagine past just the next step so I am looking forward to LO learning to walk without support and hearing her sweet voice while she learns how to say more things.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"