Baby Showers

Favor ideas for a spring shower

Hi ladies, 

My mom is hosting my shower from out of state.  My BFF, also out of state, is "helping".  While I don't know much about the shower other than the date, venue and the fact that my mom keeps telling me she's keeping it "royally elegant" (I love the royals), she did call to vent about how over the top tacky my BFF's ideas are (think melting chocolate in a diaper and having people eat it sans fork - thankfully my mom told her no games, period).  

Anyway, between my BFF and my mom trying to plan from out of state, plus the fact that she's never planned a shower before (I didn't have a bridal shower), she is getting a bit overwhelmed.  I told her I would help with favors.  

I saw an idea which I love - mason jars filled with hot cocoa mix, marshmallows, and a candy cane - for a winter shower.  Any thoughts/ideas on how to make this work for a spring shower?  I was thinking maybe pink lemonade something or other?  I'm not a creative one, so that's all I've got.

I know that I definitely want to give guests something edible - no cheesy knick-knacks that they will throw away or "forget" on their table.  

Thanks in advance!    

Re: Favor ideas for a spring shower

• edited December 2013

I am probably in the minority, but I hate the mason jar idea. 

I know it's pretty popular, but it seems sort of unsanitary to gift loose ingrediants in a jar.  It's also like-- hey-- I was going to buy you a drink, but here-- go make it yourself, KWIS?

What about really prettily designed cookies?  For a spring shower you could do flowers, butterflies etc?

Another idea could be a brightly colored, small watering can.  Your guests can use it after to water houseplants.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Springtime makes me think of flowers. I'd do a mini-bouquet of flowers in a small vase for each guest.
  • Loading the player...
  • I love the macaroons!  They look very pretty - now I'll have to go to a bakery and try one.  Yup, not kidding...I've never had one.  

I mentioned tea to my mom and she said no - not everyone likes tea.  Since she's the host she definitely has the final say.  I'm just looking for ideas.  I'll pitch the macaroons for sure :)
  • I love all of the ideas posted! Another gift I have done for showers is homemade sugar scrubs... Here are some ideas:
    https://www.pinterest.com/mimisheppard/sugar-scrubs/

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Are you a baker? We did cookies for our wedding and then put then in individual bags and tied them with ribbon. I don't have a picture handy of the finished ones, but here's some that I did for Xmas. You could change the shape and do it for a baby shower easily. I used normal sugar cookies, and this tutorial: https://cakejournal.com/tutorials/how-to-flood-cookies-with-royal-icing/

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• Oh wait, found one.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• Are you a baker? We did cookies for our wedding and then put then in individual bags and tied them with ribbon. I don't have a picture handy of the finished ones, but here's some that I did for Xmas. You could change the shape and do it for a baby shower easily. I used normal sugar cookies, and this tutorial: https://cakejournal.com/tutorials/how-to-flood-cookies-with-royal-icing/
    I do love to bake but this is something I'd probably start and never finish.  lol
  • You could use the mason jars as pots for the seeds. Just a few flowers in each would do it. Use the real short mason jars (they're about an inch or two deep), fill halfway with potting soil, and seed with the 'flower of the month' of the baby's birth month if possible, or something that would be pink or blue (girl or boy) or just some colorful wild flowers. Pass them out sealed, and guests can bring them home and just add water.

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.
  • At the last spring shower I hosted we gave Bath and Body Works purse sized anti-bac lotion wrapped in cello with cute clothespins on top.  We used several different scents and it was fun watching people trade for what they wanted.
    This is awesome!  And they're having they're super sale right now - pitching that one to my mom as well.  

As far as seeds/flowers go, I can think of maybe two people who wouldn't throw those out.  Not too many gardeners on either side of the family or in the friends group.  It is a cute idea though.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"