January 2014 Moms

Hannah Grace's exciting entrance into the world (long)

Well..this is a bit late but I figured I'd share with you guys the fun circumstances of my birth story. The abbreviated version is that on 12/19 DH and I were able to have a nice night out, and when we came home to pick up DD1, he fell down the stairs with her while they were playing. He managed to take the brunt of the fall on himself, but hurt his arm to the point where it hurt to use it at all, and it was his dominant arm/hand. Luckily, DD1 was fine. We decided it wasn't too emergent, we would just take him to the family doctor in the morning...or so we thought. 

On the morning of the 20th I woke up early, a little uncomfortable, unable to sleep. I went to sit down on the couch and felt a small gush. Seeing as my husband is unable to pick up our 1 year old and we still don't know exactly what's wrong..I was in denial and basically said "nope, my water can't be breaking"..Especially since the night before my NP had told me if my water broke not to wait, to call from the car and just go in since my last labor was quick. My FIL and MIL were both working, 1 of them was an hour away, and they were our on call babysitters for DD1. MIL was able to leave work and come to our house to watch DD1, by this time I had no doubt my water had broken and I was contracting off and on. DH had to drive me to the hospital one handed since he couldn't use his right hand. 

We got to the hospital and my water majorly gushed right as we walked in. Being as I worked in this hospital for 4 years, of course I ran into a co-worker right away who was nice enough to grab a wheelchair and take me up to L&D so I wouldn't drip everywhere. When we arrived I was at 4 cm and admitted fairly quickly. Since I was only 34 weeks I was GBS unknown so I was required to get antibiotics. I was told as long as I delivered after 2 pm (it was about 9 am when I was admitted) that I would be considered "treated" for GBS. 

I got settled in my room and after awhile got my epidural and was a lot more comfortable. Around 1 pm I was checked and was only 5-6 cm. I figured it would be a little while but my nurse told me she was going to leave the room a little bit but to call her if I felt any rectal pressure. Around 1:30 I started feeling that but thought there was no way I had progressed that quickly. Sure enough, my nurse comes quickly walking back in my room and says she's almost positive I'm complete now and we needed to get an internal monitor on the baby. She set up for the NICU doctors (cue breakdown #2 for the day) and got MFM in the room to put an internal monitor on LO because my OB was heading into a c-section so he wasn't close. They put in the monitor and my OB arrived, the resident emptied my bladder and sure enough baby was ready to come. The OB asked me to do a test push or 2 and I did, then they realized this baby was coming now! They broke down the room and less than 5 minutes later- Hannah Grace was born at 5 lbs 12 oz and 18 inches long....at 1:58 pm. 

From the beginning she did very well but because of her gestational age she had to go to the NICU. Because she was pushed out so fast her poor little head was bruised:( I was able to see her briefly before they took her to NICU, DH went with her ( I had told him to do this ahead of time). Luckily I had no tearing this time, so no repair was necessary. Hannah Grace spent 6 days in the NICU and came home the day after Christmas. We also found out on 12/23 that DH had a radial head fracture from his fall :( Baby girl is doing great at home, still working on figuring out BFing but she's a cute little happy girl. She looks a lot like her big sister. And here's cute pictures if you made it this far! (sorry to the FB people for repeats)

Re: Hannah Grace's exciting entrance into the world (long)

• What a cutie, congratulations! I hope your husband is okay now and things have settled down!
  • How cute! You apparently have amazing luck so there's that... I'm so glad everything turned out well!
    Married 3/5/11
    BFP: 6/19/12, D&C 8/23/12
    BFP: 5/17/13, Born 12/16/2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimageimage
    January Siggy Challenge: When I am done breastfeeding...

• Loading the player...
  • She's so beautiful hun!
  • She is precious, congrats! I'm sorry about YH, and I hope he is feeling better. 
    photo babbbbby1smaller.jpg

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Congrats! So cute!! I hope YH is doing better now!

Married 3/17/2005
    M/C #1 2005 - 6wks
    M/C #2 2006 - 7wks
    M/C #3 2008 - 11wks
    Baby Aeneas Born 1/20/2014
  • She is such a cutie!  I hope your husband was ok!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

My Blogs

https://littlebirdconfections.wordpress.com/

https://heismightyquinn.wordpress.com/

• Congrats!
    July 2015 Jan Siggy Challenge: Snow Fails/Funnies

BFP #5 11/15/14, Team Green EDD 7/22/15

BFP #4 4/30/13, baby girl born med-free Jan. 2014

BFP #3 9/24/12, Missed m/c at 9w1d (baby measured 8w5d)

BFP #2 9/23/10, healthy baby girl born med-free June 2011

BFP #1 5/21/10, Missed m/c at 10w4d (baby measured 8wks), D&C 6/29/10

"Life is like a camera, just focus on what's important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, just take another shot."

• Congrats!  Glad everything turned out OK for your little girl and your DH!
                        Nathaniel Robert born 1.16.2014

• Beautiful! Glad she is doing well and your DH is on the mend. What a story!

• She's a cutie! Hope your hubby's arm is all better!
  • Aw, she just wanted to start her dramatics early! ;)

Hope your hubbys arm heals quickly!

• Rough start, but glad that she is doing so well. Congrats to your family and I hope your DH's arm heals quickly!!
  • Beautiful baby girl! Rock star husband!!!! Congrats momma :)
  • Adorable! Congratulations!
    imageimageimage
  • Great outcome for all that craziness! I hope everyone is recovering well!
    TI w/Clomid 12/16, 1/17, 2/17
    OB ordered SA 2/17 and referred to RE for MFI - Low Count/Motility
    DH Varicocele repair 6/17. 
    9/17 SA: count improved
    TI w/Letrozole 9/17, 10/17
    IUI#1 11/17 BFN
    IUI#2 Christmas day :'( Canceled due to low count/poor sample  :'(
    IVF#1 w/ICSI: 3/18 BCP, Lupron down reg, Follistim 300IU, LDHCG 10units, Lupron 5units, Ovidrel trigger on 3/18. ER 3/21
    8 retrieved, 5 mature, 3 smaller no fertilization w/IVF. 3/5 fertilized w/ICSI. Day 5 Fresh transfer scheduled 3/26 or day3 on Saturday if any arrest.

• She's so cute, congratulations again! Hope your poor husband is feeling better, too. 

• What a cutie!!! Congrats!
    Alexis 9.1.06 * Jaxson 3.17.08 * Tessa 2.8.14

• She's adorable :) congratulations

baby development

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • So cute! Glad you are home!
  • She's beautiful :)

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Missed MC 11/17/10 Our little miracle born 1/27/12 Natural MC 7/19/12 Missed MC 1/22/13 Our family is complete DD 12/27/13
    Abnormal ANA, PAI-1 4G/4G homozygous

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• @KaitiMac- both of our girls had great timing...my first DD was born in the middle of a huge deal going on with the company DH works for- he had specifically said "we just need to get through Friday and we should be good"..she was born on Wednesday. Not quite as interesting just not amazing timing for either of their early appearances. 

• Congrats! She's precious!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• She is such a doll @ac1259!  Congratulations!
    _____________________________________________________________________________

SAHM to 4 kiddos... K (5/05), N (4/09), C (11/10) and Baby A 1/13/14

• What a cute little girl! Congratulations!
    OHM born 12/16/11, BAM born 1/10/14, mmc 06/30/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Congrats! I'm so glad that she is healthy and home! Thanks for sharing your story.
    Birthmom to A, 1/8- the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

A Journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. -Lao-Tzu

• sweet little girl!!! Hope she continues to do well and that your husband heals soon also.
             *********************************************************************************

Married October 2009. Me 29 H 28.
    After 1 year of infertility, our little miracle was conceived via our 3rd IUI on May 5, 2013.
    Holland Sophia was born Jan 24, 2014.
  • Adorable! That it's quite the story - glad everyone is okay.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • What a story! Congratulations - she is just precious!
    Ashley, FTM, Age 31, Southern California
    Jude Meyer was born January 12, 2014, at 21 inches, 7lb, 8oz.

image imageimage
  • Congratulations!! She's adorable!! Sorry about your hubby. I hope he's doing ok.
  • Now that's a story! I'm glad everyone is ok, but phew!! She's gorgeous.
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Congrats on your gorgeous girl. Your birth sorry could qualify for a sweeps week plot. Glad everyone is ok now!
    I can't wait to meet you Neva Margaret Rebecca
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • She's beautiful, and I love her name!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Congrats again mama and thanks for sharing your story!! She is beautiful!!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• Congrats again!!!

Baby Lexi: BFP: May 12, 2013 (Mother's Day), EDD: January 21, 2014
  • I had remembered reading about your DH and DD falling but didnt realize you gave birth the next day! You and DH are troopers! And the baby is adorable too ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"