August 2012 Moms

Weight Loss/ Exercise Check In

Anyone want to participate in an weight loss/ exercise check in???  It would be helpful to get me to stay on track.  Should we do it weekly, daily or 2/3 times a week??
DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

Re: Weight Loss/ Exercise Check In

• sounds good!
    weekly check ins would be good!
  • I'm in, especially once I get my FitBit flex and start my new running group.  I would check in as often as everyone else wants to!
  • Loading the player...
  • sounds good to me!  I need to do something! This will make me stick to it!

1999- Dx Prolactinoma

8-25-2012 - Lucas born via C-section at 38 Weeks 2 days
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Great idea!  I'm in too! 

I was doing WW online earlier in 2013 ... but then summer vaca came and I fell off the wagon pretty hard ... so hard that I can't find the wagon anymore!  I'm planning to start tracking again on JAN 1st!

I think a check-in like this is just what I need to help keep me accountable! 

My Journey to Motherhood
    Me 36, DH 42
    7.5 years of TTC ... It never gets any easier.

Baby Girl # 1
    TTC Since January 2009
    Reproductive Endocrinologist diagnosed us "Unexplained Infertility".
    After 3 years . . . 3 IUIs . . . and 3 IVFs . . . our miracle GIRL arrived on August 6, 2012.

Baby Girl # 2
    TTC Since June 2013
    Got pregnant on our own without Fertility Treatments - January 2016!  Thank you snow storm Jonas!
    EDD 10/15/16
    At 20-week anatomy scan found IUGR (Intrauterine Growth Restriction), and very low Amniotic Fluid.  Now, I'm High Risk and have weekly ultrasounds to monitor fluid and growth.  If baby runs out of room or is too growth restricted, they will deliver ASAP.  My current goal is to make it to 28 weeks!   

Pregnancy Ticker

• britvahokbritvahok member
    edited December 2013
    @hls19,  @piphigirl,  @CourtandNate, @techiegirl1 @annieluvsjordan @Toni79 We'll have weekly check-ins, how about on Friday's.  I always go crazy and off track on the weekends so maybe we'll have a "how's your week going check-in sometime earlier in the week"  This week maybe we'll just see what everyone's goals are.  How does that sound...

• Sounds good to me!

My Journey to Motherhood
    Me 36, DH 42

Baby Girl # 1
    TTC Since January 2009
    After 3 years . . . 3 IUIs . . . and 3 IVFs . . . our miracle GIRL arrived on August 6, 2012.

Baby Girl # 2
    TTC Since June 2013
    Got pregnant on our own without Fertility Treatments - January 2016!  Thank you snow storm Jonas!
    EDD 10/15/16
    At 20-week anatomy scan found IUGR (Intrauterine Growth Restriction), and very low Amniotic Fluid.  Now, I'm High Risk and have weekly ultrasounds to monitor fluid and growth.  If baby runs out of room or is too growth restricted, they will deliver ASAP.  My current goal is to make it to 28 weeks!   

Pregnancy Ticker

• I'm in.  I've got 20 lbs to lose and the more accountable that I have to be the better I do when it comes to weight loss.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Me too! I have 20 pounds and need to be kept accountable. My down falls are sweets and being too tired to work out. Blah. This has to change. I miss being fit.
  • sounds good!!

I just re-signed up for WW. been back at the gym the past couple days.

let's do it ladies!!
  • hls19 said:
    sounds good!!

let's do it ladies!!

Are you doing the regular tracking online?  Or are you trying the new "Simple Start Plan".  I think the Simple Start Plan is only a 2 week jump start plan ... but I haven't read the details yet.  I think I might try the Simple Start Plan just to get me back on track!

My Journey to Motherhood
    Me 36, DH 42

Baby Girl # 1
    TTC Since January 2009

Baby Girl # 2
    TTC Since June 2013
    EDD 10/15/16

Pregnancy Ticker

• Toni79 said:
    hls19 said:
    sounds good!!

let's do it ladies!!

Are you doing the regular tracking online?  Or are you trying the new "Simple Start Plan".  I think the Simple Start Plan is only a 2 week jump start plan ... but I haven't read the details yet.  I think I might try the Simple Start Plan just to get me back on track!
    just the regular online tracking- but found out they do have an app so I am using that which makes it easy!! I think I saw something about Simple Start but didn't look into in. I think I need more than 2 weeks to get back into the points mindset. ugh haha. I did this all through college and am excited but dreading at the same time. haha
  • I'm in! Will be using myfitnesspal, to track food, likely starting Monday. Exercised past few days. If anyone wants to be friends on MFP pm me.
    image image
  • In for Friday check ins!

My new half marathon training group starts next week.  I am nervous because I ran with the same group for three years in Sarasota and we we're really tight.  I hope the new group is as fun, and that I can keep up.  (2:50 is my fastest half marathon.  This is quite slow.)

I am up in the air about counting calories on My Fitness Pal again.  On the one hand, I enjoy it and I know that calorie reduction is important.  On the other, I eat a very balanced, whole diet without calorie counting.  Also, while DH was supportive of my calorie counting in 2011 when I lost 25 pounds, he thought last year that it was causing me to be very anxious and sad.  I think I my type-A side controls me more since DD was born and maybe the calorie counting IS bad for me.

I think I should do it and re-evaluate once a month to see how it's making me (and DH) feel.
  • Is everyone using MFP? If so we could all friend each other. I have a MFP and Spark people account

• hls19 said:
    Toni79 said:
    hls19 said:
    sounds good!!

let's do it ladies!!

just the regular online tracking- but found out they do have an app so I am using that which makes it easy!! I think I saw something about Simple Start but didn't look into in. I think I need more than 2 weeks to get back into the points mindset. ugh haha. I did this all through college and am excited but dreading at the same time. haha

FYI - Weight Watchers has an app for both the online points tracker and the Simple Start Program.  From what I understand the Simple Start Program you don't count points for the 1st two weeks, but eat as much as you want off a list of foods (AKA "Power Foods").  I think its supposed to get you used to eating all the good stuff before you start counting points again.

I plan on starting Monday the 6th.  I like to start things like that on Mondays!  LOL!  Plus the gives me the weekend to determine if I'll do the Simple Start or just regular tracking.

My Journey to Motherhood
    Me 36, DH 42

Baby Girl # 1
    TTC Since January 2009

Baby Girl # 2
    TTC Since June 2013
    EDD 10/15/16

Pregnancy Ticker

• Toni79 said:
    hls19 said:
    Toni79 said:
    hls19 said:
    sounds good!!

let's do it ladies!!

FYI - Weight Watchers has an app for both the online points tracker and the Simple Start Program.  From what I understand the Simple Start Program you don't count points for the 1st two weeks, but eat as much as you want off a list of foods (AKA "Power Foods").  I think its supposed to get you used to eating all the good stuff before you start counting points again.

I plan on starting Monday the 6th.  I like to start things like that on Mondays!  LOL!  Plus the gives me the weekend to determine if I'll do the Simple Start or just regular tracking.

oh nice- it eases you into after all the holiday eating ;) haha

yes I have a monday thing too- I started the 30th.

I downloaded the app and it kind of sucks! I have to enter a lot manually because when I scan the bar code it can't find it! I'm getting annoyed!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"