February 2014 Moms
Options

School?

I realize that this is a decision only I can make, but I thought I'd put this out there for your ideas and thoughts. I'm currently not working, and haven't been for a while. But I am enrolled in a teaching course, that would hopefully allow me to teach in colleges, which would be good, since in my previous career I travelled a lot, and clearly that won't work for me now.

The courses are only 1 week long each, and don't run very often. One of the ones I need is being offered the 3rd week in January, and another the last week. I don't think the work load will be too crazy, as you get several weeks after class to send in your assignments. I'm due Feb 12. 

My boyfriend is worried that I'll go into labour early, and the money will be wasted, but I'm pretty sure I can talk them into refunding me, or at least giving me credit to take it later.

Do you think that me taking the classes, or even one, is too much, so close to my due date? 
F14 Siggy Challenge

Re: School?

• Options
    I would check with them about the refund or transfer credit before I paid...just to be sure.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hmmm, tough one.  I'd probably err on the side of caution and not take on additional stress at this time.  But then again, if you can confirm that a refund really is possible (and I kind of doubt that it is... but who knows?) and you want to do it... go ahead.  Maybe compromise and just do the earlier one and catch the other one next go round?

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I agree with both PP's.

GL to you and that is very exciting thinking about a new career path!

(I miss being a student!! :)

#rainbows and #unicorns make any situation #cute. keithcorcoran
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    It turns out they'll let me pay the day the class starts
    F14 Siggy Challenge
  • Options
    I would be concerned about getting the assignments done afterward. You won't want to be doing then once LO is here and that could easily be any time from start of a Feb if not before. Even if you can do the classes this would bother me.

Congrats on the career change plan though! I hope it works out!
  • Options
    I would take the class. It will cost you more in child care down the road. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"