Maryland Babies

St Agnes Hospital

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with St Agnes. This is my first baby and I wanted to see how many people are usually allowed in the delivery room?

Re: St Agnes Hospital

• I am also curious on other's experiences at St. Anges! I am having my first in May and will be delivering there as well. I planned to take their tour and ask a bunch of questions but a mommy perspective would be wonderful! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had my first 2 at St Agnes and will deliver there again. My experiences with labor and delivery were great. Postpartum nurses/lactation weren't the best. I would say that overall my experience there was pretty good. The only reason I haven't tried elsewhere though is because I really love my doctor.

1st pregnancy: m/c began 1/12/09 d&c 1/13/09 8wks. Baby stopped growing at about 6wks.

Delaney: Born 10/15/09

Gavin: Born 4/8/11

Baby #3: due July 10, 2014

• Loading the player...
  • I think the "rule" is 2, but I believe it is the drs preference as well. With my first I had 3 and with my second, if was dh only

1st pregnancy: m/c began 1/12/09 d&c 1/13/09 8wks. Baby stopped growing at about 6wks.

• Im so surprised that lactation isnt the best there! They have a fabulous lactation support group that meets every tuesday mornings.
    Lucky Mommy to:
    Zoë Elizabeth|11.19.2007 & Finnegan Charles|05.14.2010

Pregnancy Ticker

imageimage
  • Yeah I LOVE my Dr too and they only deliver there. I'm really hoping there can be 3 people. I COMPLETELY understand I probably will not care AT ALL who is there but I know I need my Mom. I'm a 26 year old VERY happily married woman to pretty much the "perfect" supportive man… And I still feel like I need my Mom there with me.  And my sister who is my best friend in the world wants to be there. And I want all 3 of them there for me… So i'm REALLY hoping 3 people. We aren't a dramatic family so i'm hoping the Dr won't notice :-) thanks for the tips ladies!
  • eburgmama said:

Im so surprised that lactation isnt the best there! They have a fabulous lactation support group that meets every tuesday mornings.

They seemed to have plenty of support for once you were home, but I felt like the initial support was lacking.

• I heard some negative reviews concerning postpartum care (separation of baby and mom following delivery) so you may want to ask about their procedures in that regard.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had a great experience there.  Depending on when you deliver determines when they take the baby.  They run initial tests for about 2 hours.  I gave birth at one and they took my baby at 3 for the tests.  They give you the option to room in or take the baby to the nursery at night.

As for how many people, it was just me and my husband, but I think they allow one more (for a doula or family member).  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"