C-sections
Options

RCS with GD

I'm having a RCS. I've had one ob tell me they till schedule for 38 weeks due to my GD and another mention 39.

If you also had or will have a RCS and have GD, when will it be/was it?

Re: RCS with GD

• Options
    39 weeks is standard. In fact my Ob said that insurance won't allow them to schedule even at 38 wks 6 days.

• Options

39 weeks is standard. In fact my Ob said that insurance won't allow them to schedule even at 38 wks 6 days.

Do you have GD?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had GD and was scheduled for 39 weeks. Per my OB this is standard.
    -Jenn Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I've had GD with all 3 of my pregnancies.  GD is a medical condition in which your doctor can decide to deliver you early for if they deem it necessary.  They won't 'schedule' your c/s early,  but they could change it and delivery you early when the time comes.  I had DS at 38 weeks due to GD and DD at 37 weeks due to pre-e.  My c/s for this baby is scheduled at 39 weeks, but I'd be very surprised if I actually made it to my scheduled date.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Do you have GD?
    Yes

• Options
    Just repeating what I said on a different thread, hoping to get some clarity.

I'm so confused. I'm supposed to schedule my delivery at the appointment this week. Obgyn says 38 weeks but I keep reading 39. Going into labor will be dangerous for me and baby, but I'm also scared the baby might not be ready and will have to go to the nicu
  • Options
    I had GD my first and second pregnancy, waiting for it to occur this time as well and both my LOs were both CS at 38wks. (:
  • Options
    I had GD with DS and was scheduled at 39w2d.  My water broke early so he was delivered at 38w5d, no issues.  If GD is your only risk factor, I don't see why they'd schedule an RCS before 39 weeks.
    DD born 10/10/07 * DS born 11/25/11 * #3 due 3/9/2015
  • Options
    capulet said:

I had GD with DS and was scheduled at 39w2d.  My water broke early so he was delivered at 38w5d, no issues.  If GD is your only risk factor, I don't see why they'd schedule an RCS before 39 weeks.

It's my only risk factor I think. Last time I had high bp and my dd was taken at 37 weeks but this time my bp has been good so far. Unless she's assuming I'll end up with the same issues?
    I'm going to discuss it with the doctor again
  • Options
    This is my 3rd pregnancy with GD and all have are c/s. With my 1st I went into labor on my own at 38 weeks, 6 days. I had complications and DS was born the following day via emergency c/s. My 2nd was an RCS at 39 weeks, and this one is scheduled for Jan. 30 which is 39 weeks, 1day.

Unless you or your baby are having medical issues that warrant an early c/s, it should not be done before 39 weeks.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    I've had GD with every pregnancy, and both repeat C-sections have been/are scheduled for 39w1d.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"