Baby Names
Options

n/a

laceyraye8laceyraye8 member
edited January 2014 in Baby Names

Re: n/a

• Options
    If i saw it I would not pronounce it taz-ee i'd pronounce it like maisy with a t. And I'd assume it was made up. but you love it and that's what matters. 
  • Options
    I don't love it. It feels juvenile/cutesy to me. Was it your grandma's given name, or a nickname?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    I just want to give you a world as beautiful as you are to me.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Complete first, given name for my Great Great Grandmaw.  We actually found a Tax form that she signed to make sure we had the spelling correctly.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Well considering Raye is spelled that way from my MawMaw and me, I'm keeping it that way, and Tazie was on the tax form that was a legal document, and we know it was her first name, not a nickname.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm sorry but I don't like it at all. And I wouldn't have pronounced it correctly.

DS born Oct. '11

TTC #2 with PCOS since Nov. '13

Dx: Low Progesterone (3.3) on 8/12/14

Waiting for RE appointment on 10/28/14

Surprise BFP on cycle 12 -- 10/19/14!

EDD July 1, 2015

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Wow, some people.  There are names on these tickers that no way in a million years would I consider naming my kid that, but I am mature enough to know that people have their own opinions and in no way am I going to agree with everyone.

Comments/Opinions were welcomed as long as they weren't to a rude extent.  Should not have posted this!  Sorry for the trouble!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Wait? Are you naming her after a taser or a ray gun? 
    I share this sentiment.
    Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    laceyraye8laceyraye8 member
    edited January 2014

The fact that you can't even follow simple instructions _Taz as in Tazmanian Devil, not Taser.  Shows that your opinion clearly isn't one I was even worrying myself over.  So your taser/ray gun comment was plain ignorant.  Not worried about you one bit.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited January 2014

The fact that you can't even follow simple instructions _Taz as in Tazmanian Devil, not Taser.  Shows that your opinion clearly isn't one I was even worrying myself over.  So your taser/ray gun comment was plain ignorant.  Not worried about you one bit.

So are you going to put "Tazie (TAZ-ee)" on her BC and all of her paperwork for pronunciation help?
    My name is Kristin, and it still manages to get butchered.  You can't expect that everyone you run into is going to be able to read her name the way you want it to.  There's no frame of reference...  nobody's met your great-great-mawmaw.
    Prudence
    Otis
    Hank 

• Options
    bromios said:
    It feels like it should be the heroine of some ghastly Nickelodeon show.
    This exactly.  Really bad name, sorry.

Oscar born October 2011

Miscarriage at 8 weeks (August 2013)

DD due September 1, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Grace0609 said:
    We are already dead set on Tazie Raye, it's a family name, but I want other peoples opinions.  It's pronounced Taz like Tazmanian Devil and E, Taz E.  Tazie was my Great Great Grandmaw's name and Raye is my MawMaw's and my middle name.  I think it sounds short, sassy and bold, but still being different without going too far out there and creating a name like some people I know have done recently.
    I understand they are family names, but, really, that first name is horrible. First off bc no one will ever pronounce it right. Definitely thought it was Tay-zee. And second off bc it is just not feminine or appealing. Sorry. Qfp
    FTW.
    Prudence
    Otis
    Hank 

• Options

Okay, I came in here after the DD, but you do realize that according to the usual pronunciation rules of English, Tazie would be pronounced with a long A, right?  That's not a matter of opinion, that's how the language works.  Now if you pronounce the name differently, that's your choice (and a family tradition, which I won't quibble with here), but you can't always instruct people how to pronounce your child's name.  It's simply impractical.  As someone whose daughter has an unusual name that is not always easy for people to spell or pronounce, I will tell you, you can't teach you child to carry an unusual name with confidence if you are so sensitive about it yourself.
    DD born 10/10/07 * DS born 11/25/11 * #3 due 3/9/2015
  • Options
    I never understand when posters ask for opinions and then freak out and dd when they don't get the responses they wanted. Why post at all?

Also, FTR I would have assumed it was pronounced Tay-zee. So as much as you love the name, consider the fact that it will likely be butchered all. the. time.
  • Options
    Meery82Meery82 member
    edited January 2014
    OP sounds like a real peach. What was the name she posted? It was DD'd. 

ETA: nevermind, I see it in her ticker. Yikes. @-)
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Classic.
  • Options

Wow, some people.  There are names on these tickers that no way in a million years would I consider naming my kid that, but I am mature enough to know that people have their own opinions and in no way am I going to agree with everyone.

Comments/Opinions were welcomed as long as they weren't to a rude extent.  Should not have posted this!  Sorry for the trouble!

Mature? Yeah, I'm sure that's what you are.
  • Options

LOL! I find it very humorous that she is going to talk shit about other posters' name choices when she posts a doozy like this. :))
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I actually would have guessed the pronunciation correctly, but don't see this aging well. I work in a very conservative profession (accounting firm), and people are extremely formal: for example, today I talked to a Debra, a John, a Michael, a Michelle, a Mark, a Jennifer (she goes by Jenni outside of work but uses the professional version at work), etc.... Tazie wouldn't go. Like, likely wouldn't get an interview bad. I know it has sentiment, but would you potentially want to limit future options because people will judge?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• Options
    Maybe as a middle name?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"