Baby Names
Options

Down to 2 names please help

MztwilsonMztwilson member
edited January 2014 in Baby Names
We've gone back and forth between names and we are stuck. Last name ends with son. We are using both grandpas middle names.

Down to 2 names please help 135 votes

Ryker Allen Michael
26% 36 votes
Dexter Allen Michael
72% 98 votes

Re: Down to 2 names please help

• Options
    I like Ryker,...not too big on two middle names, but my opinion on that is irrelavant, this is your baby.  So going with the two middle names, I like Ryker in front better.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Not a lot of people are to keen in 2 middles names. I just want to include both grandparents since this is my last.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Mztwilson said:
    Not a lot of people are to keen in 2 middles names. I just want to include both grandparents since this is my last.
    I completely understand, that's why I said my opinion is irrelavant.  I shouldn't have said anything, but I do like Ryker, I don't hear that a lot where we live.  :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't heard any rykers where I live either.
  • Options
    Dexter wins by a million miles. I cannot get over the prison association with Ryker. Not a fan. At all.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    I just want to give you a world as beautiful as you are to me.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    MztwilsonMztwilson member
    edited January 2014
    @BlindysWife you have to tell me the prison association with Ryker! I'm super curious now lol

Eta just kidding you're referring to rykers island right?
  • Options
    Mztwilson said:
    @BlindysWife you have to tell me the prison association with Ryker! I'm super curious now lol Eta just kidding you're referring to rykers island right?

Yeah, Rikers Island. There are many name associations I can get over, but this is not one of them.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    I just want to give you a world as beautiful as you are to me.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Ryker makes me think of the Klingon from the next generation start trek :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I 100% agree with @Blindyswife.  I know someone with a son named Ryker (he's 1.something) and I have no clue where they got his name from, but all I think of is the prison.  
    image image

• Options
    I would like Dexter if It was not for the show….. and he would likely end up in Rykers Island

• Options
    edited January 2014
    I can't get past Rikers Island either. Dislike. Dexter all the way. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    Ryker = prison.

Pregnancy Ticker

Zoe Nicole: 8/21/14

Due again: 1/17/18

• Options
    not a fan of either but ryker is a million times worse than dexter
  • Options
    Dexter- I love the nickname Dex
  • Options
    Ryker is all prison to me, too. 
    photo d55cd10d-0c40-4454-aba7-d1fb776cb4ff_zpsd847719c.jpg

Married my love 6/11/11 | MMC 10/11/11 | Eliza Frances born 9/18/12 | Rhett Garland born 2/24/14 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Dexter wins by a million miles. I cannot get over the prison association with Ryker. Not a fan. At all.

This

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    imageimage
  • Options
    I'm not a fan of dexter, but I voted for it given my choices. Ryker is pretty bad.

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    For me, Dexter is 100 miles better than Ryker. I can not get past the association of Riker Island and the y spelling just seems so made up. 

Dexter is a sweet name with nn Dex. Also, I loved the showtime series Dexter. I don't think I could ever actually use it because I would always think of either the scientist child cartoon or the serial killer. 

• Options
    Side note: I love the name Allen Michael as a stand alone name, calling him by both. Ever watch the old Guiding Light soap opera?
  • Options
    Cat&S said:
    Ryker = prison.

Yep
    Anniversary
  • Options

Dexter wins by a million miles.

I cannot get over the prison association with Ryker. Not a fan. At all.

This. All I think of is watching locked up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"