Babies: 9 - 12 Months

No teeth at 11 months

Anyone else's LO still not have any teeth at 11 months? Just wondering if this is normal or not. DD has had teething symptoms since 3mo's, but still no pearly whites!

Re: No teeth at 11 months

• My son will be one in three weeks, and he just got his first tooth two days ago. I, like you was worried it wasn't normal, but friends and family, and even my dentist assured me it wasn't unheard of to teeth this late. Don't worry, they'll come!!
  • I didn't get teeth until I was 13 months.  I wouldn't stress.
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine just turned 10 months and doesn't have any. I think it's weird considering there are babies on my BMB that have 8 and counting! Oh well, the gummy grin will be gone forever soon, so I'm trying to enjoy it. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My girls didn't get teeth until after their first birthdays. I expect DS will be the same. No need to worry. And I swear he's teething every other day. :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

C  7.16.2008 | L  11.12.2010 | A  3.18.2013

• None of my nieces or nephews got teeth until after their 1st birthdays.

B is stuck at the bottom two. I'm sure they'll come!
  • Relish this time - DD will be 9 months on Wednesday and has 8 teeth (4 upper and 4 lower) and the past 4 months have been teething hell with no breaks and then Saturday night she bit my shoulder so hard I almost threw her across the room (of course I wouldn't really do that but OMG).  She almost broke the skin and there's still teeth marks visible.

FWIW I got teeth super early as a baby and my younger brother got his super late.  He also still had baby teeth in 7th grade.  Everyone develops at their own pace.

• Crequito said:

Relish this time - DD will be 9 months on Wednesday and has 8 teeth (4 upper and 4 lower) and the past 4 months have been teething hell with no breaks and then Saturday night she bit my shoulder so hard I almost threw her across the room (of course I wouldn't really do that but OMG).  She almost broke the skin and there's still teeth marks visible.

FWIW I got teeth super early as a baby and my younger brother got his super late.  He also still had baby teeth in 7th grade.  Everyone develops at their own pace.

I've wondered if there was a relationship between how early teeth come in and how early baby teeth are lost.  Dr had 12 teeth at 12 months and lost all baby teeth fairly early while ds1 got his first tooth a week before his first birthday and lost his first baby tooth in second grade and last baby tooth in 7th or 8th grade.

Ds2 has no baby teeth yet either.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • PepperBugPepperBug member
    edited January 2014
    My son got his first tooth at 11 months. They came in fast after that! He never had any problems with his teeth, and teething appeared painless. By the age of 2, he had a full set of teeth. So I'd say it's not outside the realm of normal.
  • My pedi said he has seen kids up to 15-18 months without teeth. Nothing to worry about.
  • No teeth at 10 months for DD. Doctor said it's normal and not to worry. I, like you, swear she has teething symptoms every day. I guess it makes breast feeding easier for me. Dh family was late teethers and my family were all really early so it really freaks them all out. I love her gummy smile

• We are 9 months and I swear she would have had teeth by now with all the chewing and drooling but still nothing!

• rariese said:
    We are 9 months and I swear she would have had teeth by now with all the chewing and drooling but still nothing!

This for us too! 

New Mommy since 4/3/13

• My DD got hers a few days before she turned 11 months. My pedi was not concerned and even her son didn't get his until he was 1!

BabyFruit Ticker

• My DD is 1 today and she still doesn't have any teeth.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • My little guy just cut his first tooth at 10 1/2 months. Our pediatrician said once the first one starts all the rest will show up soon after and low and behold a few weeks later we have two more working their way in. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"