Parenting
Options

Say your kid scares easily, would you take her/him to see Frozen?

BlueRidge8BlueRidge8 member
edited January 2014 in Parenting
I'm so ready to take DD to her "first movie" and if I wait for Winnie the Pooh to make another one that I know would be tame, she might be in middle school before we finally bite the bullet and go as a family.

DD is jumpy with certain parts of Disney movies... as in I'm not ready to show her the barracuda part from Nemo. If you've seen Frozen, would you say it's a bit too intense for a easily freaked 3.5 year old?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Say your kid scares easily, would you take her/him to see Frozen?

• Options
    I agree that only you know what your daughter can handle. DD will be 3 in February & she's seriously IN LOVE with this movie! She's seen it 5 times, loves the snow monster, and has started calling herself Elsa & "freezing" people. I think it's a really good movie with a lot of great singing, and cute funny moments.

That said, I didn't think any if it was too scary for a 2, 3, or 4 year old...but I also have a kid that's going around pretending to freeze people all the time lol.
  • Options
    @piffle42- not even the party where Elsa strikes anna as kids and she "freezes" her, and then later in the movie when Elsa is frozen solid, and it appears that she's frozen dead forever?  That part really freaked my niece out.
    My kid I don't think understood that part (he just turned 3).  He's normally easy to scare but has recently gotten into Transformers so he might be outgrowing it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My kid will be 3 in February. We had to leave about 25 minutes in because she was crying, scared and asked us to take her home. She also found parts of the Smufs to be scary and is pretty sensitive in general, if that helps.
  • Options
    DS2 is a giant chicken and he wasn't bothered by the snow monster. He'll be 3 at the end of this month. The movie itself is kind of long, he lost interest during the last half hour or so. That was more an issue than anything.
    A: 10.02.03     

M: 01.28.11 
  • Options
    My son, who had just turned 4, screamed "I want to leave this movie theater!" when the snow monster came on and had to sit on my lap the rest of the movie. He does tend to be a bit of a weenie though.
    Mommy to Evelyn Clare born 6/23/07, Ryan Hansen born 12/10/09, and Charlotte Nicole born 11/1/12
  • Options
    C enjoyed Frozen. But he also liked Walking With Dinosaurs and his fave movie is Jurassic Park.
    On the other hand, he was crying tonight because he was scared of monsters in our room, so he isn't that brave either.

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

• Options
    My daughter is fairly easily scared, and the first Rio she was fine with.  (She even finds parts of Winnie the Pooh scary - like when Piglet thinks that Tigger is the Backsun.)  I'll be checking out Rio 2 when it comes out for a possibliity.
    IMG_8355
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Reese did very well. She did think the snow monster was "scary. Very, very scary." However, she didn't ask to leave and she wants to see the movie again. Many of the themes that made the movie sad clearly went over her head. 

DD also seems to like being scared---she is a little actress like that. We were watching Beauty and the Beast and midway through she said dramatically: "I can't watch! Too scary!" (cue hands over her eyes). She was also laughing when she was saying that. 
    My daughter is my hero.
  • Options
    My DS (7) cried big fat tears at Rio 1.  He felt bad for the bird.  We couldn't get thru it.  I take him to NOTHING!
  • Options
    Funny- I was just going to make my own thread asking what your kid/kids thought of "Frozen". I took DD (almost 4) today and she loved it! I don't know who enjoyed the movie more- me or her. Honestly. It was great for both kids and adults. Only negative is its long for toddlers/preschoolers- 1 hour and 40 minutes. I was amazed that DD sat the entire length of the film but she's really into Disney and all the princesses. If you have a 3-9 year old (just my personal opinin) I say GO!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"