June 2014 Moms
Options

Huge bump?!.... Post deleted

FarmerswifeyFarmerswifey member
edited January 2014 in June 2014 Moms
Sorry if I posted something that wasn't to your certain days of things, I don't sit on this app long enough to read every single post every single day so sorry for not waiting for Wednesday, so much for a friendly forum to ask questions about pregnancy, I didn't realize how stuck up and nasty the majority of these girls on here are, I feel sorry for your husbands and your children who have to live with you, must be painful to live with someone so quick to jump on the catty bandwagon.

Re: Huge bump?!.... Post deleted

• Options
    Every Wednesday is HDBD - Hump day bump day.  Check it out and see what other mom's to be have posted!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Cute! Wish I had a little bump like that!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @farmerswifey
    What's up with the flag on Jnerd?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I am not a attention posting whore that's what's up the the flag.
  • Options
    Sorry if I posted something that wasn't to your certain days of things, I don't sit on this app long enough to read every single post every single day so sorry for not waiting for Wednesday, so much for a friendly forum to ask questions about pregnancy, I didn't realize how stuck up and nasty the majority of these girls on here are, I feel sorry for your husbands and your children who have to live with you, must be painful to live with someone so quick to jump on the catty bandwagon.
    QFP again.
    Ps, thanks for the flags ;)
  • Options
    I didn't think your post was rude either, jnerds was. I have seen others get slammed by rude comments and didn't think what I posted warranted anything rude at all, was a simple question, if you don't like the post don't reply.
  • Options
    I didn't think your post was rude either, jnerds was. I have seen others get slammed by rude comments and didn't think what I posted warranted anything rude at all, was a simple question, if you don't like the post don't reply.
    Then you should reply to her and not make a blanket statement.  That can come off as offensive.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @JNerd you are most definitely not a snob. We have just been experiencing lots of crazies since @Thatkelsgirl. Haha. I guess when we wanted it a little less quiet on our board some people took us a little too seriously. ..
  • Options
    Since there is more than one person doing it, I will just remind everyone that the flag button is not a dislike button- you cannot flag just because you don't like what someone has to say. Please read the terms of service because flagging without warrant is a bannable offense.
    Thanks!

ETA flags will be removed since they are not warranted.
  • Options
    I am mobile ALL the time. I use the app and I still know of HDBD, Daily symptom check ins, PGAL check ins, UO, FFFC, Twatwaffle Tuesday, Wtf Wednesday. Being mobile isn't an excuse to be inconsiderate.
  • Options
    Haha, well that was a joke! But I guess so! I have seen some of them, I'm just saying I don't always see them all. I have little munchkins running around so not a whole lot of time to get on here. Sorry my apology didn't go over so well. I hope you ladies have a great night!
    Rachel BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    If you agreed with mommyp710 then why did you need to write a snarky comment why couldn't you just like the comment and leave it at that. And I will say it you are constantly getting on others that post in the wrong area I didn't know that you were the designated bump police.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    JNerd said:

@bebemac @Babywear @SaraT717 - you all loved OP's post after she deleted and changed to her rant. Are you all sorry for our husbands and children too? 

Not at all! I liked her post from the get-go, which is why I commented that her bump was cute. Just didn't push 'love it' soon enough. :)

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    SaraT717 said:
    If you agreed with mommyp710 then why did you need to write a snarky comment why couldn't you just like the comment and leave it at that. And I will say it you are constantly getting on others that post in the wrong area I didn't know that you were the designated bump police.
    Way to QFP!
  • Options
    SaraT717 said:
    If someone is going to demand attention, why should it bother them what type of attention they get? 

If you don't understand why people find it frustrating to weed through so many attention whore/ special snowflake posts, then you should spend some time actually reading threads. It's been spelled out many, many times. 
  • Options
    Yes I have read this many times. I have no problem with someone letting another person know that we usually post bump photos on Wednesdays but I don't think it's right to repeat what another person posts then put a snarky remark to it so it could be taken the wrong way and start drama.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Laurelyn2012Laurelyn2012 member
    edited January 2014
    lellymine said:
    arent we all here to get info and support from each other?  is it really that big a deal if someone posts something repetitive?  honestly, i have held back on posting questions or concerns because i dont want to be mocked.  i enjoy sarcasm and jokes as much as anyone but as a ftm, i joined to get a sense of community which i dont always feel when on here.
    Yes, generally I think we are here to support and get info but that happens when a group gets to know each other. Which is why, at least for me, it's frustrating when women come here, post once and expect to be fawned over. They put in zero effort to get to know other women on here (that also includes getting a feel for the board) but want us all the act as excited as we would for women that we've interacted often with for the last few months.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimage

• Options
    SaraT717 said:

eh, her comment may have had a bit of snark to it but for those that are regularly here it seems to happen quite often that we get drive bys who don't even take a second to figure out the nature of the board, so I sense @jnerd was just frustrated. Would it really kill people to look first or read the blog? I know I am beating a dead horse here because it will surely continue to happen no matter how many times it is pointed out, but maybe, just maybe one person will learn more of the ways of the board and be able to become a regularly contributing member rather than continue to be a ss.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    lola4411 said:
    lellymine said:
    arent we all here to get info and support from each other?  is it really that big a deal if someone posts something repetitive?  honestly, i have held back on posting questions or concerns because i dont want to be mocked.  i enjoy sarcasm and jokes as much as anyone but as a ftm, i joined to get a sense of community which i dont always feel when on here.
    Yes, generally I think we are here to support and get info but that happens when a group gets to know each other. Which is why, at least for me, it's frustrating when women come here, post once and expect to be fawned over. They put in zero effort to get to know other women on here (that also includes getting a feel for the board) but want us all the act as excited as we would for women that we've interacted often with for the last few months.
    so, new posters arent as welcome because they havent been posting for months?  again, i enjoy sarcasm and jokes too, but i also think that some posters are a little agressive in their replies.  remember, we are all hormonal preg women who i would hope are coming here for that sense of community to laugh at our symptoms and share some hilarious stories. however, we are also here to feel reassured that we are "normal". 
    No one said newbies aren't welcome. New people are awesome! What is hard is when people don't take time to read and get to know the board a bit. People form real relationships here and it is hard to see how people are doing when others, who don't contribute, just demand attention. It is most frustrating when that happens to be on a topic that has weekly posts to give everyone a chance to contribute. 

I really do get the wanting to feel normal - and I would think a lot of people would be able to relate to others if they took a few minutes to read some of the other posts. Many topics have been covered multiple times in multiple places. 
  • Options
    lola4411 said:

lellymine said:

lola4411 said:

so, new posters arent as welcome because they havent been posting for months?  again, i enjoy sarcasm and jokes too, but i also think that some posters are a little agressive in their replies.  remember, we are all hormonal preg women who i would hope are coming here for that sense of community to laugh at our symptoms and share some hilarious stories. however, we are also here to feel reassured that we are "normal". 

Clearly I'm not saying that since we were all new posters at one time or another. Think about it this way. You're at a party and you've spent a good hour or two working to get to know the people there. Wouldn't it annoy you in the slightest if someone barged through the door, made a scene and disrupted the vibe that you've all been working to cultivate for the last few hours?
  • Options
    @JNerd thanks for your reply!  i learned the hard way that my baby name choice wasnt normal so its good to feel some normalcy on the june board lol  :D

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    It took me a long time before I really took part in everything. I joined with my first 3 years ago but never joined the conversation till with this baby, I was having so many problems that I came in search of answers. When I came on the board I read a lot of posts, I read the blog in the sticky at the top and it didn't kill me! I actually did post a question in its own thread and got help and support. I've started to get to know some of these ladies and even if there is a snarky undertone to a message now and then these ladies are AWESOME! (I'm mobile most of the time too, and read the blog mobile and still alive to tell the tale)
    DS 6/6/10
    DD 3/15/12
    DD 6/3/14
    #4 Due 10/26/18!
  • Options
    I admit it took me a long time lurking to post and even longer to ask a question but now I'm getting a feel for it. I may even do an intro soon. Who knows. I agree it's good to get a feel of the board first instead of jumping in.
  • Options
    But I wanna be a special snowflake too!!!
    First time mommy-to-be
    E.D.D. June 1, 2014

• Options
    lola4411 said:

That isn't why we are all here.
    image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
    The Science Babies debuted 5/6/14 @ 34 weeks
  • Options
    I lurk a lot. I like the way this board feels. If you ladies think this is snarky or mean or flaming, go hang out on parenting or babies on the brain. Those ladies, while very supportive in their own right, know how to flame and be snarky. Being told there is already thread for this and a little sarcasm is not a bad thing.

For the record, yes, I was flamed on both those boards I mentioned and decided they weren't for me, but I have also seen huge outpourings of support on both of them. Not trying to bash them, just stating that brands of snark are different.

Married DH 7/30/11

CSC arrived 5/7/12 

CHC arrived 6/2/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"