3rd Trimester
Options

Anybody else feeling totally unprepared

So over the weekend I realized how much we still have to do to get ready for the baby. The baby's room still needs to be painted, trim sanded & painted, closet doors & organizer bought & installed, carpeting bought & installed, crib put together & fully furnished/decorated. We still need to finish touring daycares & choose one. So far we have only purchased a crib, changing table, swing, & a handful of onesies/sleepers. My shower isn't till January 26th so I'm waiting to see what we get from that to finish purchasing things but w/my due date of March 9th I feel like the last month I'm gonna be overwhelmed w/last minute prep. I'm starting to freak out a bit about all the things left to do & buy before LO arrives. Anyone else feeling this way?

Melissa

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anybody else feeling totally unprepared

• Options
    You sound almost identical to me...so you're not alone! We painted nursery last weekend, but I need to finish trim and doors. Along with painting trim and doors in the rest of the house. We have carpet being installed this Friday and next Monday. Haven't bought the crib yet...all we have for baby is car seat/stroller haha. I just keep telling myself it'll all work out :)
  • Options
    christsgurlchristsgurl member
    edited December 2013
    Yes I do!!! I don't have anything....this is my 3rd child & its our first boy! I was able to save some white onies but they are like 6-8months+ maybe one 3 month size. Other than that, Yikes!!! Oh & we have to buy a mini van/SUV also, becuz 3 car seats will not fit into the back seat even though one is a booster)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm due march 8th, and my MIL was so kind to buy us all our baby things we still needed with our older daughter gifting it to our unborn daughter for Christmas (or me and my husband really). But the room needs to be cleared, carpets cleaned, painted, furniture put together... We haven't had the time prior to Christmas, but my husband has said he'll start it next weekend.

To keep me sane before he said he would do anything next weekend I made a time line to show when I wanted projects done by so that we could avoid feeling both rushed, and like we weren't accomplishing anything. Luckily though my husband wants to get everything done way before. :) which makes me happy because I really just want to be able to go and sit and daydream in the baby's room already. (And let the dogs get used to it too!)
    imageimage

• Options
    I'm due March 1, and you're all definitely ahead of me. We're undergoing major renovation in our home right now, and the room that is supposed to be the nursery is currently just a bunch of 2x4s and plywood. So yea...we're totally unprepared! My shower is Jan. 11, so I was going to wait until after that to make any purchases. I did buy a rocker and I plan on buying a crib within the next week or so. It's just so hectic right now, with the holidays and this renovation and LIFE. Ugh! I'm terrified that this baby is going to come and my home will still be total chaos!

• Options
    I'm freaking out as well.  i have 2 weeks left because they are taking the twins early and we technically have most of the stuff we need but my house being out of order is what is causing all the stress.  my dad is putting a new nursery door on and finishing the molding and painting this week.  have to lysol down the nursery and put the sheets on the cribs and changing pad and still buy the monitors.  clean the entire house so it won't be a wreck while i am in the hospital.  lots of stuff on my to do list and no energy to do it with.  ugh.  
    Me (37) DH (39); PCOS changed to Unexplained, changed to DOR in 2012 (finally a correct diagnosis!); 
    Started TTC 2009 with RE after 6 months.  
    Clomid + Trigger x2; 
    IUI + Femara x1,
    IUI + Follistim x2;
    IVF #1 (MDL) February 2013- BFN.
    IVF #2 (antagonist) May 2013, First BFP of my life. 
    Identical twin miracle BOYS (!!) headed our way- due date is technically 2/4/14 but c section is scheduled for 1/7! 

BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Options
    baby doesn't care of about that stuff... you do. all baby needs is a place to sleep, some basic clothing, a car seat, diapers and some how to feed him/her. everything else is just extra. breathe in and out. you have time, even after baby is born
    Yeah but (other than some clothes) I don't have any of those other things yet. LOL

Melissa

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Right there with you all! My due date is 2/28 and I keep trying to remind myself that I promised myself back in October that I wouldn't worry about the nursery until the Christmas tree was down and put away. 
    :-S
  • Options
    I got 90% of everything done before I was 35 weeks with my first pregnancy... honestly I wish I would have waited and saved some stuff for later. I was so bored for the last 5 weeks of my pregnancy! I would literally just reorganize everything over and over again just to feel like I had something to do. With this pregnancy I definitely plan on holding off on a handful of small things that way I'm not just sitting around WAITING to go into labor lol
  • Options
    I'm sorry you're stressed. I'm ready in the physical sense room, car seat, etc. but not mentally prepared for having a baby in the house again. Still trying to wrap my head around that :-)
  • Options
    Get amazon prime - free two day delivery on almost anything you can think of. Even if you think of something you need the week before you're due, you'll have it in time. Heck, you could place an order going into labor and it would be waiting at your house when you get back. Plus saves trips out to stores in winter weather (depending on where you live).
    We're 2.5 years into a full gut renovation of our house - doing all the work ourselves. The most important rooms are finished (enough) - kitchen, living room, bathroom, our bedroom. But what will eventually be the kid's room is studs. We're just planning on having the baby in our room - first in a bassinet, then in a crib. He doesn't care where he is as long as we're close and he's fed and changed. We have time to finish the room over the next 9-12 months. I just remind myself that people in much more minimal circumstances successfully raise kids all the time.
  • Options
    sounds like me. my son was born 10/17. i had my shower in mid september. we were scrambling a bit during that last month, but we got so many things from friends and family at the shower, i am glad we put off buying too much.

definitely get that painting and carpeting done and work on the daycare situation so you have more time to focus on last minute shopping after your baby shower. and dont fret if your nursery isn't super organized. i am still finding new, more convenient places for things. and i think i have rearranged the closet 3 times since LO was born.

point is, make sure you have the necessities of course, but figure things out along the way. i have already filled a couple of boxes with things that i never used, or clothing that my 2 month old has already outgrown (he's huge!). when you discover that there is something you need go get it. there's no reason to go overboard before the baby gets here. the first few weeks require very little.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>

• Options
    Yep. One day I think I have plenty of time and the next I'm stressing out over it.
    Pregnant with #3, after thee, three's complete!!
  • Options
    Yup!! I have 4 weeks left (in theory) and I just got done putting away all the shower gifts. My attempt at putting together the bassinet and bouncy chair failed, so I'll go at that on my next day off.

A trip to Babies R Us is needed for a few final things... oh, and we have no crib or changing table, so that's always awesome, lol.

At least we have diapers, wipes, formula, and clothes. I guess thats all he needs to survive the first few weeks anyways, right?
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think I beat all so far. I have one outfit for our fourth son. No crib, diapers, onesies, anything! It's been 8 years since we've had a baby, and I know from past experience what I need. The only thing different now is I don't have any family support (mom passed in 2010; other family is out of the picture), and we totally relying on husband's income & taking care of our other 3 boys, ages 8,10,12. I am stressing a little, but I know that everything will get taken care of before march. I have faith & prayer on my side.
  • Options
    All you need is the basics! I had my son early after being on bedrest for 5 weeks, unable to decorate, buy last minute things and it all turned out fine. DH ran out to get a carseat and had it installed when I was on bedrest and we washed a blanket I was given and some onsies. I ran out the day after I came home from the hospitals for pads, grandma underwear haha, bottles etc. All worked out just fine. They are just eating, sleeping and pooping when they come home.

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Options
    I have just over 8 weeks to go and only this week have I started to feel more prepared. Really nothing was done until now! I have a white board from target that I listed all the stuff that absolutely HAS to be done before LO arrives, and have been trying to get 1-2 done a day. It feels good to wipe a few off before bed each night!
  • Options
    This is my second and I have not set the new nursery up at all, lol. I have bought paint, curtains, rods, etc but it just sits there. It's ok as soon as you get your shower it will kick you and hubby in the butt. In the end as long as you have a car seat, diapers, either formula or your boobs and maybe a basinett or pack n play that is all you need right away. 
  • Options
    I'm due in 2 days and the babys room is nearly done. Stroller/bassinet have not yet arrived though... So not so organised but oh well, baby can sleep in a draw.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"