July 2014 Moms

Food Aversions

Is anyone's getting worse?  I have been (relatively) lucky the first tri w/limited morning sickness. I usually have some level of nausea, but not a lot of vomiting.  My food aversions have been pretty strong the whole time, but over the last two weeks they seem to have intensified drastically.  I have lost about 6 lbs since finding out I was pregnant and was hoping that as I closed in on second tri my appetite would return, but so far, it's nowhere in sight.

Mom to one beautiful July '14 little girl

Re: Food Aversions

• I developed an aversion to broccoli, which seems to have gotten worse over time.  The last time I ate it I brushed and flossed my teeth 3x and couldn't seem to get rid of the taste.  I wanted to throw up just thinking about it...
    MC 13w2d D&C 01/03/2014.  Miss you, my little butterfly.
  • Mine are getting better, but I am about a month ahead of ya.  At your stage, eating meat was NOT going to happen.  I lived off of toast, mostly.
    *SIGGY*
    Baby G born 6/6/14, 37 weeks 1 day due to preeclampsia.  5lb12oz 19"
    #2 due Christmas 2016. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I wish I had food aversions. 
  • biglewzer said:
    I wish I had food aversions. 
    Fo sho
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I used to LOVE eggs before I got pregnant, and now I can't stand them. Same goes for coffee. I never drank it much, but I loved the smell. Now the smell just makes me gag!
  • Crackers, go fig. I can eat them in chili, but not plain. Especially Ritz, I want to barf just thinking of them.

"Your truth is different from my truth, and we're both right."

TTC since March 2013. BFP 4/13/13, blighted ovum discovered 6/6/13, m/c 6/8/13.

BFP 11/10/13, EDD 7/25/13 - stick little owlet!

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Starbucks is still crossed off my list.  Before 6 weeks, I went twice a day every day.  I tried to go this morning and wasted my drink :(   I guess I'll try again in a couple of weeks. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• In the last 4 or 5 days, I have been so sick.  I can't even smell food without dry heaving. It sucks balls.

• I still can't go near chicken. Blech.
    imageimageimage
  • The smell of alcohol, especially beer makes me want to chuck.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I've felt worse the last few days than I have in a while. My aversions are to most food, nothing specific, but I can't find a whole lot I want to eat. 

July 14 May Siggy Challenge: Cute Animals
    imagelambs photo: lambs lftsidemovies5.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Most meat, especially chicken!  Yuk!  And a lot of vegetables. And anything soy-sauce based. (But I would love an eggroll right now!) I'm really hoping they go away soon, so I can eat healthier! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have been on progesterone up until yesterday, and I was suddenly hit with morning sickness with intensified aversions.  Nothing sounds good at all.  I'm at 12 weeks, and I guess it's one little push of symptoms before sailing into the second tri.  Hugs to you all!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Daniella Josephine born July 7, 2014
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • edited December 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited December 2013
    I was feeling much better over Christmas, and now I feel like death. All food is gross. But beef has been the worst for me. Which is terrible because DH is a rancher so we get free beef. We have SO much and I just can't stand it.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• We have a cupboard full of chocolate, candy, cookies, etc from Christmas and I have to hold my breath when I open it...no sweets for me :(

June Siggy Challenge: Dad Fails

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014
    BFP 09.2015 - m/c 10.21.2015
    BFP 4.12.2016...EDD: Christmas Eve 2016!

• I only want cold food! Lots of Cobb salads and sandwiches. Hot food isn't doing it for me.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @LiteraChick I've never heard that! DH is convinced the peanut is a boy...he has been since the day we found out! :)

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014

• Very interesting! I've been craving sour candy...hubby thinks boy because of his family. Way more men than women, including younger cousins and whatnot. I'm excited to see in several weeks if that's all true!

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014

• I can't even think about eating any meats. It sucks :C
    imageimage

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Last time, I couldn't even think of chicken, the WHOLE pregnancy. This time I'm better with it. My aversions seem to be fluctuating from most foods to just specific foods, some days aren't that bad, other times I can only gag/throw up at the thought or smell certain things.
    imageimage"">

• My aversion to bananas is still going strong. Other than that, its just a matter of thinking of anything I actually want to eat. I was down 15 pounds at my last appointment, and my appetite has not increased. I have to remind myself to eat.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I finally caught on that I might be pregnant when coffee repulsed me, smell and taste!  I feel so guilty sometimes, but it seems like Totino's  pizzas and yogurt are the only foods I seem to want.  I try to tell myself that the prenatal vites have a lot of extra nutrients in them but literally the thought of most healthy foods make my stomach turn.  

Tonight was a first though.  Hubs made a dish he has made a thousand times beofre that I love.  First serving was amazing, tasted just like I remembered.  Excited to eat a little more than normal I went back for seconds and I couldn't even take a bite.  Why?!?!  Food aversion rears its ugly head at the weirdest moments.  Oh well, I have some greek yogurt coming for dessert lol.   
  • Mine went away for a few days (and by went away I mean I only puked1-2 times per day instead of 7-10), but since yesterday all of it is back so bad. I've been puking non stop and the only thing that sounds good is fruit smoothies. With DD I was about 17 weeks before I started to get some relief, so I'm hoping these next 5 ish weeks fly by!

• Mine is def getting worse as well. Coffee has been a big no no since the beginning, just like others said! I used to want Starbucks all the time and can't hack it. Nothing sounds good to cook. I'm hoping that changes. I've been eating a lot of grilled cheese.
    forumsignature
  • Meat! Mostly seems to be beef. My family had prime rib for Christmas dinner and I couldn't eat it. Just thinking of it (color, texture, smell, anything) Makes me want to chuck. I'm a FTM so not sure if the aversions disappear later in pregnancy?
  • I can't eat scrambled eggs. Yuck!

1st pregnancy: m/c began 1/12/09 d&c 1/13/09 8wks. Baby stopped growing at about 6wks.

Delaney: Born 10/15/09

Gavin: Born 4/8/11

Baby #3: due July 10, 2014

• So far, my biggest aversion has been to curry. I don't eat a lot of curry, but the coffee shop I work for uses it in some of their soups. I can't be any where near it now (even though I had tried it earlier in my pregnancy and thought it was pretty good). Hell, the mere thought of it is enough to make me gag... In fact, I'm going to stop talking about it now!
  • Mine seems worse too. I can't stand to even smell seafood, and when I was PG with DS, I ate shrimp almost every day. Nothing with protein sounds good at all this time.

That being said, I just ate half the container or rainbow sherbet ice cream, and I feel great about that!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Meat in general just sounds gross, but I try to down some just for the protein... Chicken is a no go though, the smell of it makes me want to gag.
  • I was feeling much better over Christmas, and now I feel like death. All food is gross. But beef has been the worst for me. Which is terrible because DH is a rancher so we get free beef. We have SO much and I just can't stand it.
    I can't do red meat right now either...  and I'm in the same boat, we have a dairy farm and a freezer full of free beef!  I did suck it up and had half of a hamburger yesterday for lunch because my mom made some for my DH, and then gross for a few hours afterwards.

today was the first day I actually got sick, although I did wake up with a headache, so I think that might be a contributing factor.
  • @beff12 No sweets means its a boy, craving sour stuff too.

Obvs I don't put a lot of stock in that stuff, but since I have seen research proving that men prefer sour flavors over sweet as women do, and babies develop taste buds earlier, who am I to say? :)
    @beff12 and @literachick  i'm having a boy and am way more into sour than sweets.  in fact, the only sweets i will eat are tart, like key lime pie, sour patch kids, etc.  maybe there's some truth to it!

5 years TTC, no luck with IUI's, failed IVF June 2013, 
    FET Oct 2013 with delayed transfer, intralipids, lovenox & prednisone= first BFP of my life!
    ***Beautiful baby boy born June 13th!*** 

• I am having a hard time with textures and I am off some of my favorite foods..also I could be craving something one minute and it sounds gross the next
  • @PregsMcSnoozalot, that's the kind of stuff I've been craving! I ate half a brownie yesterday and felt like death haha. I won't make that mistake again. We have a definite boy name picked out and a list of 5 or 6 girl names...DH says it's a sign we don't need any girl names ;) Very interesting!!

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014

• I just got nauseas reading all these food aversions.. Damnit, Looks Like I wont be cooking dinner tonight..I'm hungry but the thought of ANYTHING right now makes me want to gag.. wahhh
  • I have a general aversion to food. I get an idea for something but as soon as I see it or take a bite I'm like "meh... ugh" I can't wait to love food again. FOOD COME BACK TO ME!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"