Pregnant after a Loss

CP: How much sex are you having?

MrsWallickMrsWallick member
edited January 2014 in Pregnant after a Loss
Yea, I'm going there! I read an article (can't remember where now) that said that expecting couples have sex on average once a week. I have a friend who recently gave birth that didn't have sex her entire pregnancy (by choice, not due to pelvic rest) and I have another friend who said she couldn't ever get enough. So, how much sex are you having??

BFP #1: 3/23/13, EDD: 11/22/13, MC: 4/2/13
Convinced it was a boy and missing him every day!
BFP #2: 10/25/13, EDD: 7/3/14, Grow baby Grow! Anabelle Rose born 6/6/14 

image     image

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic August Siggy Challenge: If Babies Could Talk

CP: How much sex are you having? 118 votes

Every day or every other day
2% 3 votes
2-3 times per week
8% 10 votes
About once a week (like the article stated)
22% 26 votes
2-3 times per month
11% 14 votes
About once a month
11% 14 votes
Haven't had sex since BFP
27% 32 votes
Currently on pelvic/ bed rest
8% 10 votes
Do wet dreams count?
1% 2 votes
SS
5% 7 votes

Re: CP: How much sex are you having?

• Maybe every other week? Ugh dh says he is ok and just wants a healthy baby at home so he is hanging in there!

Julius Justin - 11/07/2002 - 10 lbs 22 in 
    Isabella Genavieve - 02/03/05 - 7 lbs 11 oz 22 in 
    Arianna Kaitlynn - 04/10/2013 - 4 lbs 15 oz 15 in

BFP 08/10/13 
    TWINS!!!! 09/01/13
    Miscarriage at 12 weeks lost baby B 
    Arianna diagnosed with an Ompalocele at 13 weeks
    Arianna our Angel on 04/10/13 
    BFP 07/20/13
    Our Rainbow due 03/18/14 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimageimage
  • This time we've remained very regular, last time we didn't from the BFP until several months PP. At first DH was afraid since the last preg was our m/c, then life was just stressful between PgAL and prepping for a 400mi move and job changes. Then I was huge and DH wasn't interested. PP he was so scared to hurt me that he wouldn't start anything. This time since we've kept at it my belly isn't so off-putting.
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm glad you went there. I've been wondering where we stand.

It has changed. At first, we were like high schoolers....now that there is a larger baby in there, some positions are just so uncomfortable for me (IE me on top) due to feeling all that pressure. I feel bad for DH. We've been doing a lot of oral for both, showers, and massages though. Actual sex, I'd say about 1-2 times per week is accurate for us.

Mrs. B's Ovulation Chart
    TTC Baby B since 10/2012
    BFP#1 12/27/12 II TWIN GIRLS II D&C 2/15/13 TRAP sequence

Clomid + TI + Acupuncture x 2 cycles

BFP#2 9/5/13 II EDD 5/16/14 II Beckett Ryan born May 10, 2014

• We haven't since our BFP. For 2 reasons, first I am on the lovely Crinone and the resulting "goo" grosses both MH and I out. Secondly, I feel like crap at this stage. I might barf on him.

I feel bad about that but MH understand. I hope to get back into the swing of things after the Crinone stage. I don't want to beat myself up over it.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

TTC #1 since June 2012
    Current Status:  IVF with ICSI and PGS
    Genetic, RPL, SA and Fertility testing = Normal/Good
        HSG = All Clear
    BFP #1 12.30.2012  ||  Blighted Ovum 02.05.2013  ||  D&C 02.11.2013
    BFP #2 09.10.2013  ||  c/p 09.12.2013

BFP #3 12.1.2013  ||  mm/c  01.15.14  ||  D&C 01.21.14  chromosome abnormality
    May 2014:  Residual HCG and retained tissue found
    05.13.2014:  Hysteroscopy D&C to find and remove retained tissue
    June 2014:  Tissue sample results indicate a partial molar pregnancy
    May - Aug 2014:   TTA for monitoring and testing
    08.21.2014:  Hysteroscopy to remove minor scar tissue - the result of 3 D&Cs
    Sept/Oct: IUI #1  Femara + Bravelle + Ovidrel = BFN
    Oct/Nov: IUI #2  Femara + Ovidrel = BFN
    Nov/Dec: IUI #3  Femara + Bravelle + Ovidrel = BFN

My Ovulation Chart  || *~*~All AL Welcome~*~* ||  DIY Blog

imagehttp://i59.tinypic.com/v5ztqr.jpg  image

image image 

• I voted SS because I don't think that any of the answers specifically apply to me. We didn't have sex successfully until I was into my third trimester. We tried a few times, but it was always painful or I was afraid that something bad would happen so it didn't work out. We've only managed to get it done about 3 times throughout this entire pregnancy though. DH has been really patient with me!

• I was on pelvic rest until about week 9 and after that was over, we went crazy for like.... 3 days lol. Now I'm too sick or tired to get in the mood and were only about once a week-ers.

After my spotting scare last week, the doctor asked about the last time we had sex and I had to explain to DH after the appt why she asked that question. We had sex a few days later and when I came out of the bathroom afterwards. He asked me if I had any spotting from my cervix being irritated. LOL.

image     image

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic August Siggy Challenge: If Babies Could Talk
  • 2-3 times a week is about average for us. Thankfully, DH has never had an issue with my pregnant belly and he's loving these bigger boobies as well. He's a boob guy.  :D
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have been on total pelvic rest since about 16w. Before that we were about once a week, sometimes two. If I wasn't on pelvic rest now I would be all over DH. I am a hornball with no outlet!
    Married 11/23/11, TTC starting 10/12, BFP#1 11/30/12, Adoption of stepson finalized 03/19/13,Loss of our daughter at 20w4d due to incompetent cervix 03/27/13, BFP#2 06/28/13, DS2 born 3/1/14.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I was on pelvic rest first trimester up to 14 weeks due to partial previa that moved up. We got it on once but then back on pelvic rest at 19w due to a shortening cervix and official bed rest at 21w. My bed rest was finally lifted Monday (36w). But OB recommends waiting until 37w to have sex just in case it gets labor started. But we aren't sure how far past 37w I'll get passed. It has been so long, I'm very worried about how much it will hurt and DH doesn't want to put me into early labor but hoping we can get it in once before she comes and we have to wait again. Dh has been awesome about it all and very understanding. I couldn't do anything to get turned on and he really only cares about the sex so it has been a loooong dry spell for both of us.

I'm 33 DH is 36 
    Married 6/27/2009 Together since 10/22/2005
    TTC since 8/2010 (off BCP since 8/2009) 
    Unexplained Infertility
    8/2011, 1/2012, 3/2012 IUI #1-3 BFN 
    6/2012 IVF#1 BFN, 8/2012 IVF#2 FET BFN, 11/2012 IVF#3 BFP
    12/10/2012 U/S #1 6w4d - heartbeat  EDD 8/1/13 
    12/26/2012 U/S #2 8w6d - No more heartbeat, MMC; D&C; Chromosome testing normal; male :( RPL testing normal 
    4/3/2013 DX Asherman's Syndrome caused by D&C, hysteroscopy done
    June 2013 IVF #4 planned 
    5/12/2013 SURPRISE BFP! Natural cycle 
    7/11/2013 Panorama results Normal!!! Team Pink, partial previa moved up in 2nd tri9/5/13 (19w) AS scan shows short cervix, 2.5 cm 9/19 (21w)  Cervix is worse 1.87cm, bed rest 10/26 & 10/27 steroid shots 12/19 (35w) DX: SGA Baby went from 57% percentile to 18th percentile in 6 weeks. Weekly BPP and NST until she is here. 1/17/18 Growth scan puts Abby below 10th percent in size, low amniotic fluid, and less movement. Time to induce!
    1/18/14 2:11am Abigial Morgan is here! 5lbs 14oz and 18 inches of pure cuteness!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm so glad someone brought this up. DH is really freaked about it so we haven't had sex since our BFP. In the beginning I was really sick and uninterested, but now it's DH. He says there's just something weird about it. So instead of sex he's been going out of his way to make me feel better about myself and let me know he still finds me attractive. I was starting to feel like I looked gross or something, so his reassurance has been really nice. Not going to lie, it's been really hard lately because I'm feeling good and ready to go! 
  • We waited until I was at 11 weeks with this pregnancy, but now it's about once, sometimes twice a week. I actually have more of a drive now than I have had in quite a long time and I am really enjoying it at the moment! DH thinks I look "amazing" so I am running with it. I know I won't soon enough...so enjoying it for now. :)
    BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• I am on pelvic rest and I am going crazy!  I went on pelvic rest the day before Thanksgiving due to bleeding.  Went off two weeks later but was only off for 1 day before the NT scan where we found out about placenta previa.  We're counting down the days until my a/s scan and hoping that it's moved.  I am supposed to call to schedule the scan tomorrow.  I have an appt on the 14th with my doctor and am trying to think of a way to ask her to do an u/s and check before the a/s without sounding like I just can't live without sex :-)  We've been having some heavy make out sessions recently, which is great for H, but are leaving me very frustrated.  With my daughter, after she was born, I was totally exhausted and uninterested even after I was cleared.  I feel like my sex drive is back now and I'd really like to take advantage of it before it goes away again.
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• We haven't since our BFP. For 2 reasons, first I am on the lovely Crinone and the resulting "goo" grosses both MH and I out. Secondly, I feel like crap at this stage. I might barf on him.

I feel bad about that but MH understand. I hope to get back into the swing of things after the Crinone stage. I don't want to beat myself up over it.

We didn't have sex from O through about 15 weeks due to the Crinone. DH and I were disgusted by it and I was so self-conscious. Once that was over things have been pretty normal since though! And definitely increased as my belly becomes larger. MrP is also a curves man ;)

BFP #1 11/19/12  EDD: 7/25/13  Natural MC on 12/31/12 at 10w4d

BFP#2 3/1/13   EDD: 11/5/13   Missed MC 4/9/13 at 10w   D&C 4/11/13  
    Baby #2 diagnosed with Trisomy 16. Diagnosed Hetero MTHFR.

BFP#3 8/5/13   EDD: 4/13/14   Team Green Turned Team Blue! Our rainbow baby, Griffin R arrived via c-section (breech since 20w) on 4/11/14. 

.image            

~~Everyone Always Welcome~~

• We've had sex once this entire pregnancy and that was around 14 weeks.  It was awkward and uncomfortable.  DH hasn't touched me since then.  Needless to say, that doesn't make me feel so great.  I get it.... but it still hurts my feelings.
    BFP #1 (DS, 10/98), BFP #2 (DD, 10/09)
    BFP #3 -mm/c @ 7wks, discovered at 9wks, D&C 9/28
    BFP #4 5/29 EDD 2/9 - please be our rainbow
    imageimage
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I picked SS because at first i was too nauseated to do any kind of rockin hah. Then got put on pelvic rest. Then after that was lifted we did it like 2 time a month..maybe a little more. Now the doctor said to refrain from sex since my cervix is so sensitive. However, at or around 36-37 weeks i told my hubby he gets the green light. Because we're term, if contractions happen because of it so be it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I was really hoping I'd be one of those "can't get enough" pregnant women, but I have zero sex drive. In the 1st tri I also had some issues with dryness but now it's gotten more comfortable. We've been having sex about once a week since the beginning. I'm hoping at some point it'll be as much fun as it used to be.
  • Sometimes it's actual sex, sometimes just hand jobs. The actual sex is more like 2-3 a month, but increasing lately. Other "play" happens every 3-4 days.

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
    MC June 27, 2013   BFP #2 August 2, 2013   Baby Boy born 4/25/14 (3 weeks overdue!)
    April 14 August Siggy Challenge- "This time last year.."
  • We had a dry spell at first, then DH told me he was afraid of hurting something, then we were around once a week for a few, then it just stopped once I started showing around 18 weeks or so. Not sure if it is because I am bigger and he doesn't dig it or what, but I'm not really in the mood much either. Honestly I still just feel fat so I'm not into it. :(

Married 9/18/10
    TTC 1/1/12
    BFP #1 12/13/12 MMC Confirmed 1/30/13
    BFP #2 6/17/13, (Clomid+Ovidrel) CP Confirmed 6/26/13
    BFP #3 8/14/2013 (Letrozole+IUI) Charlie Grace born 5/2/2014

Laparoscopic surgery 8/15 to remove misplaced IUD

BFP #4, #5, #6  (Letrozole+IUI)all MMC, BFP #7 EDD 1/3/2017

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• We are getting it done a few times a week, but it isn't great sex.  I try not to O because of some pretty significant cramping.  DH is crazy horny lately, he loves the boobs and extra curves I've managed to accumulate!

TTC since October 2012

BFP#1 1/11/13, EDD 9/19/13, M/C at 9wk6dy 

BFP#2 11/12/13, DS born 7/28/14!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage

image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Chart

Everyone is welcome

• eme520 said:
    We took a break for about 10 weeks because I had severe cramping with O and was too scared to try it again. Then at about 20 weeks I had my first "full" sex dream and did not have any pain. We got back on the horse no problem.
    I have this, too!  I asked my OB about it and she said it was fine, but that it would be OK to refrain until second trimester.  That totally made me think it wasn't fine! 

TTC since October 2012

BFP#1 1/11/13, EDD 9/19/13, M/C at 9wk6dy 

BFP#2 11/12/13, DS born 7/28/14!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage

image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Chart

Everyone is welcome

• I just found out 2 days ago while on vacation with my extended family, so I would not be having sex regardless of my BFP (we're room sharing)

Katherine Quinn | 9.16.2012 | 38w4d

Ryan Lanman | 9.12.2014 | 40w

2 Losses | 10/2010 @ 5w | 9/2013 @ 10w4d
    Little Sprout Blog

• We have not since we found out I am pregnant.  First tri, I was just so tired, with working leaving the house at 6 and not getting home until 5-7 I was exhausted.  Now I am still a little tired but just so not in the mood.  I do feel bad for DH.  

NOt sure if he wants it either since he feels weird doing it with the baby there.  WIll have to see how this 2nd tri goes.

Glad we are not the only ones.  LOL

Me (40) DH (42).......Married 7/1/11......TTC 12/2013.......BFP #1 12/30/12........EDD 9/8/13
    Spotting,clot 2/15/13 all ok......2/21/13 no heartbeat 11 w 4 d missed miscarriage........2/22/13 DnC :(
    BFP # 2 10.10.13...........EDD 6.19.14

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• I have to say it changed each trimester...barely any in the first...at least 2-3times a week in the second...and now once a week in the third if that. I want more DH not up for it and even though hormones make mewant it, the huge belly makes it really hard!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Friendship tickers
    TTC #2 Since October 2011
    RE testing results: DH- normal ME- DX:PCOS and One copy of MTHFR gene
    IUI#1 Sept/Oct 2012-Follistim, Ovidrel, Metformin, Baby Asprin, Lovenox, Crinone, and Neevo Beta 10/24=BFN
    No 2nd IUI but instead TI with Metformin, Baby Asprin, Neevo and Prometrium
    BFP #4 5/4/13-EDD 1/19/14- grow little one, grow!
    Beta #1@15DPO HCG-95, progesterone-25 Beta #4@24DPO HCG-2498, progesterone-30, 1st U/S 6mm,133BPM 2nd U/S 1.6cm, 167 BPM
    Chart
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ~*~*~*~Everyone Welcome~*~*~*~
  • I think about sex everyday...but have no drive or energy to do it. I also have found it not as enjoyable as 1st and some of 2nd tri.
  • @ZAngel Hugs, lady. I totally get it--it sucks to feel like DH isn't interested. Have you been able to talk to him at all? My DH was so shocked when I told him his feelings and concerns (that he'd hurt the baby, that he'd hurt me, that he couldn't feel uninhibited knowing our daughter can "hear" us) were completely normal and natural for dads-to-be. Now, he also makes a bigger effort to reassure me I'm attractive in spite of my big belly!
    @RosiePeare Thanks sweetie!  I have mentioned it a few times -- usually I casually joke about the fact that I'm a whale so he doesn't want to touch me with a 10 foot pole or mention the fact that he has been "hands off" since the belly appeared.  He's not very good with compliments... or showing any emotion really.  The other day I put on makeup to go out (which I never do) and his response was, "I'm not a fan".  I realize he was actually giving me a compliment because he does prefer me without makeup but I just felt as if no matter how hard I try, it doesn't help.  Honestly, the makeup was to help me feel better so I just brushed it off.  He has mentioned not wanting to do anything sexual because he's scared it will hurt the baby or cause problems with the pregnancy.  I understand why he feels this way and I can't really change his mind.  I do wish he would hug me or show some type of affection though.  It's like I've got some type of contagious disease.  Luckily we don't have too much longer before things can go back to "normal". :)
    BFP #1 (DS, 10/98), BFP #2 (DD, 10/09)
    BFP #3 -mm/c @ 7wks, discovered at 9wks, D&C 9/28
    BFP #4 5/29 EDD 2/9 - please be our rainbow
    imageimage
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • SS: Dh is deployed. No action since Nov.

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• That same article that started this poll, also stated that men were much more likely to be scared of having sex during pregnancy than women. So, you're not alone if YH is still freaked out about sex.

image     image

• I feel super gross with progesterone suppositories. On top of the nightly puking.. Poor DH
    BFP #1 4/6/09; EDD 12/6/09; miscarriage 4/10/09..............BFP #2 5/3/09; DD born 1/9/10........BFP #3 12/15/12, EDD 8/31/13; baby stopped growing at 5w3d; natural miscarriage..........BFP #4 2/8/13, EDD 10/20/13; missed miscarriage discovered 9w2d; d/c.......BFP #5 10/22/13, EDD 7/8/13; miscarriage 10/28/13..... BFP #6 11/19/13; DS born 7/29/14 {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker} {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • That same article that started this poll, also stated that men were much more likely to be scared of having sex during pregnancy than women. So, you're not alone if YH is still freaked out about sex.

We only had "play time", not full on sex, in the first several weeks because he was scared he would hurt the baby. We are both enjoying sex right now(of the 2-3 times per week variety). However, we've already determined that there will probably be a time later in the pregnancy where we go back to "playtime" if one or both of us is no longer comfortable with sex due to what may be a completely irrational fear. We've earned irrational fears, damnit!!

married my best friend 10/04/08, TTC since July 2012
    BFP#1 Thanksgiving 11/22/12, mo-mo twins(one sac), traditional EDD 7/27/13, EDD due to risk 6/15/13
    mmc Angel 2/7/13 @ 15w3d, mmc Aubrey 2/13/13 @ 16w2d, D&E 2/16/13

BFP#2 9/21/13, EDD 6/2/14, DD born 5/17/14 

imageimage image

All AL always welcome in my threads!

• About twice a week, if I'm lucky!

BFP #1 ended in MMC. Discovered Oct 2005 @10w5d, baby stopped growing around 6w. D&C.
    BFP#2 Nov 2005. Baby's heart stopped @ 8w3d. D&C Jan 2006. Trisomy 18
    BFP#3 Nov 2006. My "miracle baby" DD born 7/25/07
    BFP #4 11/6/12. EDD 7/16/13~my birthday! No sac found @ 5w1d, betas not increasing. Natural m/c started 11/20/12.

BFP#5 11/9/13.  EDD 7/21/14  Our beautiful rainbow born on his due date!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"