Colorado Babies

Natural childbirth/hypnobirth method

Hi everyone!
 I'm new here, and pregnant with my first child. I am very interested in hypnobirthing. Do any of your ladies know much about it, and/or of hospitals that support this method in the Denver area?

And PLEASE only positive, reassuring posts on natural birthing! 

Re: Natural childbirth/hypnobirth method

• Hypnobabies is amazing!
  • I just signed up for hypnobabies @ the Mama'hood in NW Denver. I'm delivering at University Hospital in Aurora. The instructor Mandy said the Center for Midwifery there works well with natural birth/hypnobabies techniques.

There's also a doula practice called Four Mamas Birth Collective, they are all getting trained to be "hypnodoulas" at the moment, so that might be another good resource for you. I met one of them last weekend and am considering using them for our birth.
    Married June 2012
    TTC since February 2013
    MC @ 7 weeks July 2013
    BFP Oct 2013 - EDD June 7 2014!

• Loading the player...
  • My favorite is in Boulder. Boulder midwifery!Sooooo in love! congrats and good luck
  • I have a friend who suffers from terrible back issues yet delivered her baby girl naturally using hypnobirthing. I'm not sure which hospital it was at... I think St Anthony's but not sure. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• I bought and read most of the hypnobirthing book. I researched classes and they are pretty pricey. I found one at Rose that was the least expensive, but have decided not to take the class.

I am still researching different natural birthing methods. The Bradley method has been recommended by many and my cousin who is a doctor said he just delivered a baby and the woman rocked it using the Bradley method. I just bought that book as well but I have not received it yet. We are also taking the Prepared Childbirth class at St. Joes since we will be delivering there. They did say they do go into many natural birthing options.

Mama Hood is awesome, so I am sure their hypnobirthing class would be fantastic. You can go over there and talk to them about it before signing up since it is a pretty pricey class. I would encourage you to read the book first because although I felt it had many awesome components, I didn't feel like it would be a good fit for my husband and me and I would have been kicking myself if I paid a ton of money for the class. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"