June 2014 Moms
Options

*~Born to Run JuneBugs check-in*~

This is a weekly thread for runners who are due June 2014, that is posted on Mondays. All who run--or who want to start running--are welcome, regardless of mileage, pace, ability, size, shape, or terrestrial status. This is a place to talk about running while pregnant, training, runs, races, gear, recovery, nutrition, and whatever else we can think of. 

Anyone who posts here regularly should feel free to start the thread on Mondays if it seems to be missing. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

How were your runs this week? Lay it on us...

GTKY: What questions do you have?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: *~Born to Run JuneBugs check-in*~

• Options
    I haven't seen this posted in awhile - are we still doing this?

• Options
    I just think it got forgotten because of the holidays!!!

I didn't run last week-out of town at my parents. All I did was eat and get spoiled. The road had ice and it was cold, so I didnt even try. Ready to go home to my gym... I just feel yucky!!

Anyone been good??
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've missed this thread!

I only got two runs in last week... 4 miles on Tuesday and 6.5 on Saturday. Hoping for closer to 20 for mileage this week.

No questions! But one of my running buddies offered to give me two bella bands for free which I'm totally stoked about. :-)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I did alright-  I made it out 3x.   Ever since mid-week last week though, I've been having bladder issues while running.  It feels like I have to pee SO BAD as soon as I start running and it doesn't go away until I walk or do something else.  Not sure how long I will be able to go on like this.  I'm dreading my 5k on New Years Day!

• Options
    Kinipela7 said:

ahhh so sorry!!! Christmas week got crazy for me and I was hoping someone would cover this thread :) My DD#3 just turned two 2 days after Christmas and I was crazy enough to throw a party 3 days after Christmas.

I haven't gotten out to run but I am dying to!!! I really need to b/c the scale doesn't like me anymore after Christmas, the party, and guest in town. 

Oh and I got new running shoes for Christmas!!!! woohoo :)

• Options
    Kinipela7 said:

ahhh so sorry!!! Christmas week got crazy for me and I was hoping someone would cover this thread :) My DD#3 just turned two 2 days after Christmas and I was crazy enough to throw a party 3 days after Christmas.

I haven't gotten out to run but I am dying to!!! I really need to b/c the scale doesn't like me anymore after Christmas, the party, and guest in town. 

Oh and I got new running shoes for Christmas!!!! woohoo :)

Busy lady!  Didn't want to step on anyone's toe's but have missed this thread!!

What running shoes did you get?  I love new running shoes!

• Options
    I got new Brooks! I had Brooks before but apparently a whole size too small!!!
  • Options
    I've been keeping up 20 miles a week! thank god for the treadmill because its freezing and I'm a baby! I also got new running shoes for Christmas!

no questions!

dx: hypothalamic ammenorhea & MFI. TTC #1 since 7/09.12/09: DH had varicocele surgery. 5/10-8/10: IUI + Clomid #1-4 BFN, 9/10: IUI #5 + Clomid: BFP!!! Tyler Liam 6/3/11 7 lbs. 2 oz. 20 in. :) TTC #2 since 11/12. IUI + Clomid #1-2 Clomid: BFN, new RE: IUI + injectibles: BFN. Onto IVF#1 Antagonist: July '13: Estrogen, Provera, Menopur/Gonal/Cetrotide; ER 8/6: 8 eggs, 6 mature, 5 fert. with ICSI; 5D SET 8/11: BFN :( FET 2 embryos scheduled 9/13: BFP!!! 10/13: 2 heartbeats! Twin boys due 6/1/14!

• Options
    I'm fairly new to this board and I dont post a lot....anyway, I ran twice this week after not running for a month due to all day sickness:/ sluggish but much needed. 2.5 mi one day and 4.5 two days later. I usually run 3X/week about 3-5 miles. :) felt good to be back! Decided I'm running the Chicago half next year!
  • Options
    So happy there's a running group on here! I haven't really ran since my half marathon in October (the day before I realized I might be pregnant). Dying to get back out now that I feel better and I'm just about over the flu. Still crossfitting 2 - 3x per week at least.

Has anyone had any difficulties running? I get little jogs in during my crossfit work outs and my boobs have just gotten so big it's been a bit uncomfortable. Might just need to double up on the sports bra. 

Should I be wearing anything supportive around my waste though? I'm starting to get a bump now. Didn't know if I should be supporting it somehow? Totally lost, sorry!

• Options
    so glad there is this post!  i try to run 1-2 times a week.  i like to mix it in with my bootcamp/crossfit workouts and some yoga.  since getting pregnant my mile times have almost gained a minute and i cant run as far, but i am just so happy to still keep up working out!  i feel so much better when i am able to exercise and i think it has helped with sleeping too.

@Kimipela7 i have had the same problem!  even if i go to the bathroom right before working out, i need to go almost immediately!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    lola4411 said:
    so glad there is this post!  i try to run 1-2 times a week.  i like to mix it in with my bootcamp/crossfit workouts and some yoga.  since getting pregnant my mile times have almost gained a minute and i cant run as far, but i am just so happy to still keep up working out!  i feel so much better when i am able to exercise and i think it has helped with sleeping too.

@Kimipela7 i have had the same problem!  even if i go to the bathroom right before working out, i need to go almost immediately!
    Bummer!  I hope it's something that comes and goes and isn't like this for the rest of pregnancy!

• Options
    @kinipela7 I'm in the same boat with having to pee almost immediately after I start running. I can push through it for the most part, but I'm running a 5 miler with my running club on Feb 22nd and I'm praying they have port-a-potties on the course just in case!

• Options
    @kinipela7 I'm in the same boat with having to pee almost immediately after I start running. I can push through it for the most part, but I'm running a 5 miler with my running club on Feb 22nd and I'm praying they have port-a-potties on the course just in case!
    Ahh good luck!!  I ran in a 5k this morning and while I stil felt it, it was a lot better than it has been so I guess it's one of those things that comes and goes!

• Options
    @kinipela7 thanks! And good job on running your 5k!

• Options
    I head back to the gym tomorrow... Wish me luck! I wish I could say the 5 lbs I picked up over the holidays was baby, but she's like 3 oz...
  • Options
    So excited for this thread. I am running a half marathon at about 18weeks in a few weeks and I feel ready and excited. Definitely not running for time, but just for completion. I ran two with my first and it was a good time and I took it easy. I plan to do the same there. I know I can run 10 of the miles with no problem, so if all else fails, I will walk the last 5K.
  • Options
    Finally got a run in tonight!! It was only 1.5 miles on the treadmill but I'll take it! I am getting over a small case of the flu too, so I was just happy to have my heartrate up for the first time in 2 weeks! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"