3rd Trimester

Ideas to save space?

My boyfriend and I are currently living with his grandparents to help them out for a while. I'm due in late February, and we only have one bedroom that we will be sharing with the baby. Its a tiny room with a small closet (with barely enough space for our clothes), and I'm wondering about what I could do to save space? I plan on getting a few shelves and such to hang on the wall, but other than that, I have no idea what to do. Anyone have to share a small room with their baby? Any ideas would help. Thanks!

Re: Ideas to save space?

• My hubby and I currently live in a not-so-spacious apartment so we've bought a lot of closet organizers and they're great! We got ours from Target (Munchkin makes a whole assortment.) and they aren't very expensive, but I believe they have them at Walmart and on Amazon as well. Also, try using flat, plastic storage organizers that you can easily slide in and out from underneath your bed or crib. We're using one to store diapers and wipes. :)  
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I would use plastic totes with drawers etc. Also, I wouldn't stock up a ton ahead of time (like big boxes of diapers etc).

Think minimalistic! :)

Could you rent a storage space to store unneeded items? Like your seasonal clothes when you don't need them, knickknacks, extra furniture etc.

#rainbows and #unicorns make any situation #cute. keithcorcoran
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Are you planning on having a crib? If you're only there temporarily, a pack n play may be a better option. Find one with a bassinet add-on and a storage area.
  • Space Saver bags are awesome! You can put clothes that you are not using currently(clothes to big for baby or out of season clothing)  in them then slide them under your bed. 
  • DH and I have one LO in our 2nd bedroom and another one on the way. We play to sell our house next year so we have to make due with our small space for now. We plan to use a pack and play, a portable swing instead of a full size, and a shared closet.
  • We'll probably be here for a year or more, so I planned on using a pack n play until its time for a crib. Then I'll be purchasing a mini crib. Will look at closet organizers, flat totes, and space saver bags. Thanks so much!
  • Space saver bags are great, you cold also put risers on your bed, so you'd have more storage under it.

Plastic totes are nice, but they have some with drawers as well, which might make it easier to find things.
    imageimageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"