June 2014 Moms
Options

Counsyl.

Did anyone else have this test done? I got my results today and I am a carrier for spinal muscular atrophy. Hoping someone else can relate! Let me know :)

Re: Counsyl.

• Options

I had it done as well this pregnancy. It wasn't offered with my last (May 2012 baby). My doctor said that 30% of people are a carrier of something. I was not a carrier of anything, but my doctor said that even if you are, your husband has to be as well.

A friend of mine is a CF carrier and her husband was surprisingly as well. They ended up having an amnio with their son and he is fine, but a carrier as well.

Being a carrier is not the end of the world, especially if you husband is one for the same disease.

Keep your head up! Is your husband being tested as well?

• Options
    We will have my husband tested for sure, I just had no idea it even ran in my family! I know that most of the time both parents have to be a carrier, I'm just not familiar with this specific disease. We will love baby girl no matter what! As nerve wrecking as it is to have info like this, it's also a blessing to know the odds and be prepared.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"