December 2011 Moms
Options

Two Thing Tuesday

OMG it's Tuesday! I can't keep my days straight with the holidays. I kept thinking it was Sunday today... Awful! 1. We had our favorite gifts post, so lets hear about the worst gifts you received, if there are any. 2. What's your favorite holiday treat?

Re: Two Thing Tuesday

• Options
    -T--T- member
    1. DH's grandma got me cake decorating bags and tips. Back story - for some reason she thinks I love making cakes. She gave me a cake cookbook earlier this year that I donated. I don't even like cake and for DS's bday, I had all the little kids decorate their own cupcakes so I wouldn't have to. Anyways, I am glad to have them as I would probably buy them myself eventually, it just wasn't my favorite this year. 2. Peanut brittle. I don't like peanuts but for some reason I love peanut brittle.
  • Options
    1. I can't really complain about any of my gifts this year. MIL did get me a personal blender to mix protein shakes. I can't even stomach a milkshake much less a protein shake. 2. MIL's housekeeper makes chocolate covered pb ritz crackers. OMG love them!

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    -T- said:
    1. We had our favorite gifts post, so lets hear about the worst gifts you received, if there are 
    any. I didn't get any bad gifts this year! A pot and pan set from MIL is the least exciting, but we can definitely use them. 

2. What's your favorite holiday treat? Christstollen! It's a German Christmas bread. And cookies, of course. ;-) Love sweet things. 

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Options
    1. MIL got me these 80s pattern (black with eon colors) fingerless ("texting") gloves. NMS.
    2. Everything? Probably those PB Kisses cookies but with Reese's in the middle instead.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    1. MIL went nuts with G's presents after she promised she wouldn't and got him three sets of rescue vehicles just all different sizes, and then I got another ugly sweater from my aunt who always sends me hideous stuff so no big surprise there

2. My mom got me these mill chocolate covered caramels with sea salt on top and they were amazing, but good old stand by of fresh/ warm rice Krispy treats

TTC#1 May 2009- July 2010 on our own with no luck

Started with RE in August 2010, dx with unexplained IF and then finally our 3rd IUI cycle using Follistim and Trigger resulted in our wonderful little man.  Born 12/2/11

TTC#2 Never really prevented, but were careful early on as Dr. reccomended

Surprise BFP 12/16/13, started progesterone immediately as first numbers came back low, but betas were good.  Progesterone wasnt enough. Natural MC 12/24/13.

Back with RE as of January 2014...

5/27/14- Chemical Pregnancy :(

April 2015 IVF#1

5/13/15- BFP, please stick LO!

Oh and I'm a major Harry Potter Nerd :)

Silly mugglesimage

• Options
    MesmrEweMesmrEwe member
    edited January 2014

1) I know I've been on the naughty list for not checking in lately...  To catch up - best gift - um - well, I don't have a decent size box from the MIL this year to go into the "MIL gift box" down in the basement of Christmas gifts gone awry!  (back story - love my MIL but she always gets mail order type gifts ...like the things from the Sunday paper ads...  to the extent that it was a joke across the entire family just what she'd come up with...)  This year, she got us those things you use to break a window out of your car...  Not that it's a BAD gift, it's just so stink'n BIG so NMS really - while I like the idea, I'd have preferred the key-ring ones instead... 

2) I have a bunch of these really...  I make Kringle whenever I have the chance once a season, so that's probably my fav' of everything...  Yes, the "Mexican Hat Cookies" too (i.e. Hershey kiss on a PB cookie), fudge, etc.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"