November 2013 Moms

Who's going back to work Monday? Let's commiserate

babymama619babymama619 member
edited January 2014 in November 2013 Moms
I start 10 weeks of student teaching in Monday and I'm having a good amount of anxiety about the whole thing. Leaving DD seems terrible, for her and me! She's not a great sleeper at night and I'm not sure how I'll fair w/o sleep. Dd also has colic and wants to be held ll the time so I'm worried and feel bad for the day care lady. I also feel like there's no way to give her all the info about my precious little girl without seeming like a nut job.

I'm nervous about the actual teaching position since my last attempt at student teaching ended early b/c the cooperating teacher was a nut job and it's totally shaken my confidence. I also have to deal with a crazy prof that was last minute switched in to teach my university class.

Even though I'm at my pre pregnancy weight none if my pants fit yet, but on the upside I did find a flattering nursing bra. I'm worried about pumping at "work" and for some reason I just had a major drop in supply over the last 2 days.

And this is all not to mention that I still need to find an actual paying job for when student teaching is over in March.

So who else heading back to work? Am I the only person sort of freaking out here?

Re: Who's going back to work Monday? Let's commiserate

• CaiShov said:

I go back on Wednesday and I am feeling very anxious as well, my baby rarely sleeps for more than 20 minutes at a time unless he is held, poor baby has thrush, GERD and colic. I just don't know how things are going to go.

Oh yeah, we have thrush too and I feel awful about sending her to daycare on medicine right off the bat

• I'm going back to work Monday. I know I'm going to be a wreck. We've had no luck with bottle feeding and it has been a disaster.
    SO will be home with her during the day and I am incredibly jealous, but I also feel bad because it's discouraging that she won't take the bottle.
    I need to go back to work though. I miss my students and I miss all the work/learning.
    @babymama619 what grade are you doing your student teaching with?

• Loading the player...
  • I was supposed to go back to work on 12/16 but DS reflux is so bad that he has choking fits a few times a week so he needs to be where someone can get to him in seconds.  I was never worried about DD with daycare and I love love love the daycare that DD goes to and know and trust all of the teachers, but I am terrified to leave DS. 

I feel like with 12 babies and 4 teachers that DS won't be able to get the attention he needs with the reflux problems.  I have had to take a leave of absence from work and it's awful because I love my job and really do want to go back.  I'm not sure when I will be confident enough to leave DS though.  He is on meds and has never choked to the point where we had to call 911 but he's turned bright red/purple and had to be suctioned immediately and held on his stomach and patted on the back and I just can't stand the thought of that happening to him and me not being there. 

So, no idea what we're going to do at this point.  His next appt is Jan 10, so I have at least that long to see how things go until then. 

You are absolutely not the only one freaking out.
  • @samanthapro I'm doing 8th grade language arts. I actually want to teach k-2 but it seemed "easier" to do middle school now, only one subject, not 6 per day. What do you teach?

And what's with the flag? Must be a mistake.

• I go back part time for a week starting Monday, then 1/13 I'm back to full-time. I've been out of the office since August though, just working from home until I delivered due to becoming high risk in the third trimester. I am excited/nervous/anxious about getting back into a routine. I am back down to my pre-preg weight too, but none of my pants fit in the waist. I'm going to hit up the local outlet mall tomorrow to hopefully pick up a few things to get me by.

On the one hand I'm excited to go back to my job, but I don't want to leave LO. I really love the daycare center we picked out, but it's still scary. I have anxiety and started meds after my 6-week follow-up, so I no longer sob uncontrollably at the thought of leaving him. I still have anxious thoughts but they seem more in the realm of "normal" now.

I'm hoping that being part-time his first week at DC will help ease the transition, but I have no clue how he'll be. He seems to tolerate new people very well, and has been around loud little kids, so I hope it's not too scary for him.

Sigh...I just wish holding my baby full-time could be a well-paying job.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ugh...I'm glad I'm not the only one! LO will be going to daycare at least 3 days a week with MIL watching her the other two. MIL lives about two hours away and we are in upstate NY...so while I appreciate it I'm aware that it may not happen every week. Luckily the daycare provider we found is super flexible. ..but basically a stranger. I didn't think it would bother me but I am freaking out about going back on 01/13. I know we can't affors for me to stay home so unfortunately I'm going back whether I like it or not!
  • I start back teaching on the 13th and have no idea how I'm going to keep up w the lesson planning and grading that takes me hours each night. That time belongs to LO now. It's going to be tricky. Even less sleep I guess.
  • I start Monday. And as I've mentioned before various places... I've already cried twice. I haven't been away from her once. My husband keeps playing the lottery too.... I'm not even nervous about her care. I don't want to miss anything. I want to hold her. Be with her ect. This weekend will be a nightmare.
    Pregnancy discovered at 12 weeks 12/2007 - D&C at 13 Weeks due to partial Ectopic pregnancy/Body rejecting pregnancy. Last Pregnancy - EDD August 2013 TTC Our first miracle baby.
  • I head back on Monday.  I am the executive director of a non profit, I work Mon, Wed and Fri 10-3 in the office and the rest from home/flex time.  Since it is just me, the President and our part time Program manager, I am taking LO with me to work with me pretty much all the time.  We have a pack n play in the office as well as a changing table.  I know that I a really lucky, but I still cannot help but think that I would rather stay home till March- if not forever.
  • Ibam supposed to go back on Monday. I'm not. I've been dealing with PPA and PPD. Shelby refuses to take a bottle and I would be an emotional wreck. So...DH and I decided I should just stay home so I am taking a leave of absence for a little while.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I start back on Monday, but am working from home for a while... Maybe longer than I originally planned if I feel like I am being given a short stick. I am still trying to pick a day care provider... Sounds like I will not be doing my job when I go back immediately based on a call I had this afternoon and I am not all that thrilled right now with some things at work so I will be thinking seriously about my future at work before going all in again... Why kill myself if I am stick in a rut because I had a baby by management.
  • I'm going back on Monday. I only work part-time and we have a nanny that I trust so I'm more concerned about what awaits me in the office. It's a small law office and my boss has been trying to handle all the cases by himself during my absence. Both babies take bottles well and I'm usually alone in the office so pumping won't be a problem. I think they'll be fine when I'm at work.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I go back Sunday, I work retail. Just got off the phone with my boss to get my schedule and I'm in tears. Now, I only work part time and my mom will babysit, but I feel like I'm going to have an emotional breakdown at work. I've only been away from DD a total of 5-6 hours since she's been born and the 8 hour shifts are going to suck!!
  • I started work Monday, but I'm just doing 2 hours a day from home until the week of the 20th. I'm really glad that I can just slowly ease into it. DH will be home w both girls during the day which makes it's easier too.
    IVF, acupuncture, meditation and a miracle. 

Our sweet Valentine's Day FET.

• @bsbymama619
    I'm in 4th grade learning disabilities. I coteach with another teacher. There are Twp of us in the room and we split the responsibilities.
    I love middle school. You will certainly learn a lot! And you will be extremely busy!

• I go back Monday. I'm sad and happy. I miss my babies at my job and the lead teacher in my room & being around people. Sad because I have to leave my baby. But I know she's in good hands.
  • I go back the 21st and I'm a wreck about it. I know he'll be safe and well taken care of. But I just know it won't be the same. We can't afford for me to be off any longer or I would take more leave since I only took 8 weeks. I'm terrified..
  • I go back the 22 and I'm already in tears about it. Ill miss out daytime nursing and snuggle sessions and I just feel so guilty! I always liked working but I don't think ill ever feel the same about it :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"