Happy New Year, Friends!
While I am waiting for the winter classic to start on TV, I decided to start getting things in order for this upcoming cycle. Along with figuring out referrals (now that I am insured, woo!), I am also going back and forth on whether or not I will start Clomid this cycle. As you all know, I have been seeing an acupuncturist for quite some time and she has discovered that I am kidney yang deficient. She is not sure that Clomid will actually benefit me, and neither am I, but there is no way to know...
At this point, I'm not sure whether we should try another unmedicated cycle, or if we should go ahead and start Clomid and with it, a fully monitored cycle. I have PCOS, which is why my RE wanted me to try it in the first place, but there are months where it is pretty obvious that my body ovulated on its own. This month was a very long cycle (and still going), but, I did have the CM changes as well as the increase in temps to indicate ovulation (finally).
If you took clomid, what is your opinion on it? Would you do it again?
TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews.
- DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
- First Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 08/02/13: BFN
- Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
- Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
- January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
- Fourth Cycle: Monitored clomid cycle w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified: BFN
- Fifth Cycle: 02/2014 Femara 5mg with ovidrel trigger CD14: BFN
- Taking a few months off to evaluate if we want to keep trying