April 2011 Moms

Big presents? Holiday Traditions?

What are you all doing for big presents this year?  K is getting about 5 presents - one big one:  a Hape Dollhouse, and then a couple education toys (lacing toy, book, family for the dollhouse, etc.)

Also, what traditions (if any) are you doing now?  We are doing the 25 books thing - opening a book every night after we do the Advent calendar.  K isn't very interested in the books anymore though - the first couple of times she was excited, now she just opens it and then wanders off.  Ah well.  I will keep doing it and maybe next year she'll be a bit more into it.

The other tradition we are doing is one my parents did for me which is the "crazy elf" who doesn't know when Christmas is (not to be confused with Elf on the Shelf which we don't do).  She leaves a stocking on her door and 12 days before Christmas, small gifts start appearing in it, left by the crazy elf.  Mostly bath toys, small cars, fruit, lollipops, etc.

On Christmas Eve we will open one gift which will be new pjs for her to sleep in that night.  

I think that's it :)
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
bfp 4/8/2010, m/c 4/16/2010
bfp 7/31/2010, dd born 4/2011
bfp 2/7/2014, edd 10/19/2014, m/c 2/25/2014
bfp 5/22/2014, edd 1/27/2015, MMC 6/30/2014, D&C 7/8/2014

Re: Big presents? Holiday Traditions?

• Olivia is getting a Nabi 2  (will also count as a b-day gift sad I know but it is what it is).  Got a bunch of educational things (for both girls, ack sharing gifts,  again it is what it is)  Guess that's what happens when they are close in age and the same sex.  We already have it all.

We started Elf on The Shelf.  Our Elf isn't for good or bad reporting to Santa.  Our Elf named "Elfa" just leaves out something to do every day.  Like crafts, baking.  Santa comes not matter what your behavior is in our house.  Traditionally Santa brings one gift and fills your stocking.  All the other toys go to children who need them more then us.

We are also doing the one book a night Olivia loves this.  Elfa brought them.  
                                                 Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • shaindelrshaindelr member
    edited December 2013
    I don't think we're doing a "big present," unless Jared gets Liam a drum set from the music store at cost. I don't remember if that's still in the plans. This is what I got Liam:

https://www.yoyo.com/p/melissa-doug-show-horse-stable-802811?site=CA&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc_Y&utm_term=MD-1170&utm_campaign=Google&CAWELAID=1921663197&utm_content=pla&ci_sku=MD-1170&ci_gpa=pla&ci_kw={keyword}

He LOVES horses since he goes riding at our friends' house, and he runs over to this every time he sees it in the Children's Museum's toy shop. He loves to "count" the horses. He just points at each one and says, "Bee, bee, bee, bee," which is how he counts. (He gets his math skills from his mom!)

The daycare provider also said that he loves binoculars, so I ordered the Melissa and Doug binoculars, too.

Happy Holidays, Ladies and LOs!
    Shaindel

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Santa leaves Chase one big present under the tree, which is unwrapped.  The rest of the gifts are wrapped and from Mom and Dad.  Last year Santa got him a rocking horse, which he still uses at least every other week (a gift with staying power!)

This year Santa is getting him this Easel from Melissa and Doug.
    Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• Twirple said:
    Santa leaves Chase one big present under the tree, which is unwrapped.  The rest of the gifts are wrapped and from Mom and Dad.  Last year Santa got him a rocking horse, which he still uses at least every other week (a gift with staying power!)

This year Santa is getting him this Easel from Melissa and Doug.
    I really want to get Andrew one of these, but I don't know where we would put it. I really wish we had a play room.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • GHBEAGHBEA member
    edited December 2013
    Ignore I just realized I posted this already.  I need a nap.
                                                 Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I hop everyone had a happy holiday. We are in Canada visiting my family. The trip was our gift to each other. Nora didn't get a "big" gift but she got the FP songs palace, a doctor kit, dress up clothes, baby dolls with accessories, books, puzzles, and a Leap Frog scribble and write. I will share some holiday pics when we get home on Monday!
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Excited about one of her presents while at my parents' place in Canada.

Our little "2nd Christmas" set up after we got home from our big trip.

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"