May 2014 Moms
Options

First time preggo, don't feel baby

Ok 21 weeks, overweight, but not sure I feel my daughter :-( anyone have some insight to ease my anxiety??? I have felt something a few times in my tummy but nothing consistant- help!!!! And what am I feeling/looking for???

Re: First time preggo, don't feel baby

• Options
    Do you have an anterior placenta? That means the placenta is on the front of your belly. I have one and I hardly feel anything at 22 weeks.
    Pregnancy Ticker 
    DS - 2 years old
  • Options
    I'm a FTM -almost 22 weeks and have a posterior placenta and have felt him since 17 weeks. My good friend is 21 weeks with anterior placenta and has not felt a thing. Her dr said it is completely normal and she should feel something within a couple more weeks. Hang in there :) It first felt like bubbles popping on the inside of my stomach...now it is definite kicks and turns.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks! I have heard that, I know I feel something, just not all the time.
  • Options
    I'm a FTM and was really unsure about baby's movement.  i had lots of anxiety about it, until my A/S yesterday.  seeing just how active the baby was in there has helped me to better identify what is baby movement and what is just gas or something. today i have been so much more aware of movement than before. 
    have you had your A/S yet?  seeing the baby could really help calm some of that and help to identify what is regular movement.
  • Options
    I'm sure you'll start feeling her soon! And let me tell you, once you do, the anxiety of "why hasn't he/she moved in a while?" kicks in... If its not one thing, it's another I tell ya... Haha
  • Options
    Last time I was 230lbs, anterior placenta, didn't feel DD until almost 30 weeks. I'd get the occasional flutter but no real, "concrete" movement until then. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have an anterior placenta, and have been only very occasionally feeling anything.  I think in the past couple of weeks, I've only felt maybe 3 definite baby kicks.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Someone here describe it as "goldfish in a bag" and I found that super accurate!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Thanks ladies- I just, in general, freak myself out. I have been paying close attention these last couple days- and I do feel something, just nothing consistant. My appts & ultrasounds have all been good, and baby is growing healthy. Although, regarding my placenta... I have no idea how/where it's positioned- haven't asked, or been told anything about it. I guess I will relax a bit for now. Pregnancy is a strange thing! Beautiful, but very weird!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"