August 2014 Moms

No appointment until February

My midwives/birth center don't see women for first OBs until 10-12 weeks. My appointment is 2/7 and I totally don't mind waiting (did with DS) except that all these heart rate check-ins have me antsy to hear ours!

Anyone in a similar situation?

Re: No appointment until February

• I'm with you.  My first appointment is 2/10.
  • Yep, my first appointment is Jan 10 and I'll be 10.5 weeks. That's pretty standard, I think. I did have a miscarriage in Sept, but they did a few blood draws at the beginning to make sure my HGC was rising. It was all fine, so we go in for the first time next week.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP with #2- Sept 6, 2013  EDD May 20, 2014   MC Sept 26, 2013 @ 6 wks 2 days

• Loading the player...
  • My first appointment is 1/28 I will be 9 weeks I cant wait. 
    image                 image
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• I'm in the same boat! First appt is at 10w 5d. 
  • My first appointment is Jan 6, so sooner than some but I'll be 9 weeks 3 days.  Feels late compared to others, but with DS I didn't have an u/s or hear the heartbeat until the NT scan.

• Same boat. My OB comes to my hospital once a month and the earliest I could get in was Feb 4th. I should be 11w1d by that time.
  • Yes, I will be 10 weeks at my first ultrasound.  I wish I could have had one sooner, but understand a busy practice where I would imagine they give priority to the ladies who are at the point of weekly appointments.  It's a good practice in patience and surrendering control.
    Anniversary

BabyFetus Ticker

• My OB sees patients at 8 to 10 weeks. D/t the holidays mine is on 10w3d. The only reason I had an u/s already was d/t the fact I was with a RE.
    BFP #1 4/6/09; EDD 12/6/09; miscarriage 4/10/09..............BFP #2 5/3/09; DD born 1/9/10........BFP #3 12/15/12, EDD 8/31/13; baby stopped growing at 5w3d; natural miscarriage..........BFP #4 2/8/13, EDD 10/20/13; missed miscarriage discovered 9w2d; d/c.......BFP #5 10/22/13, EDD 7/8/13; miscarriage 10/28/13..... BFP #6 11/19/13; DS born 7/29/14 {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker} {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Same here, I'm so jealous others have heard their little ones heart beat, I don't have an appt till 11wks. I just keep thinking there will be more to see the further along I am haha
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Mine is February 6th. They have sent me requisitions for blood work but I am not bothering to get those taken until next week. I could go see my family doctor, but he was a douche my last pregnancy and I told my OB's office that I refuse to go see him again. In Canada, you really don't get an U/S until you are 20 weeks anyways, so my best bet is when the Doppler kicks in. My family doctor tried for all of 5 seconds and gave up last time and my OB will actually look for it and find it.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My OB is 8-11 weeks.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• chricast said:

My first appointment is 1/28 I will be 9 weeks I cant wait. 

My first appointment is in January 28 too! I'll be 10 weeks! I can't wait! Doesn't it seem so far away still???
  • I have to do a nurse education appointment and then at 10 weeks my OB will see me. I get why they make you wait, but man I am antsy.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • My first apt is on 1/20 (I think) and I'll be 11 weeks. I'm so excited and can't wait!
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Same here.  My first appointment isn't until Jan 31st when I'll be 11 weeks 5 days.  I'm already counting down the days!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    BabyFruit Tickerimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"