Multiples
Options

NICU round 2 -- UPDATED--

edited January 2014 in Multiples
So I'm back in the NICU with our smallest twin. He stopped breathing in the middle of the night and went completely limp and lost consciousness. Somehow, I don't know what woke me since he hadn't made a sound but I jumped out of bed so fast and scooped him up we had a hard time getting him breathing again and now they think he may have aspirated in fluids when he had his last spell. He's doing well but now I'm terrified to ever close my eyes again. He was on the peds floor but because he is 5 pounds 3 oz they moved him where they have smaller equpiment but since we have been here I have been asked by 7 different doctors and nurses if they are twins. Uummmm nope I just found this second one and decide to drag him along with me everywhere I go. Last nurse said " oh they aren't twins are they? are they six weeks apart?" Uh what does that even mean? Anyhow I just had to vent/rant about being absolutely terrified and then annoyed with the staff here constantly asking how they are twins because of the size difference which is only 1 and a half pounds. I mean if you guys only heard half the things I have been asked. One even said " how do you have two babies that young?" Keep in mind she was fully aware they were brothers. It's been a very long night/day sorry for the rambling on here.

*UPDATE* Colton ended up with fluid in his lungs so he is being watched carefully. He is in a special part of the NICU since he was an "outside baby" and had been out of the hospital before. They are doing an ultrasound on him to see if he has a condition (which they are pretty confident he does) and if so he will be needing a surgery to correct it. He will be going home on an apnea monitor due to the fact of him having more than 5 spells a day and some sort of breathing treatment since his airways narrow down after some of his spells. It's super exhausting and I feel like I can't ever go to sleep but he has a wonderful set of doctors. Thank you everyone for your kind words it means a lot!

Together 6 wonderful years.
TTC #1 18 months 1 loss DX unexplained IF-- BFP July 2009-- ITS A BOY
TTC #2 3 years and 3 losses DX PCOS -- BFP April 2013-- TWIN BOYS!
~DS1-Feb 2010~ 
~DS2&3- Nov 2013  {7 weeks early}~ TTC #4~

Re: NICU round 2 -- UPDATED--

• Options
    How scary. So glad you caught his issue and immediately spring to action. Poor guy. Hope your medical team is top notch and just suck at twin knowledge. Geez.
                         My fraternal twin boys. Born Sept 2013.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you've had to deal with all the stupid questions on top of the scare you had. People are dumb. I can't imagine how terrifying it must have been to experience what you did! I hope your babies (and you) have a better night tonight. ::hugs::
    J13 May Siggy Challenge: People lacking in common sense raise my blood pressure.

imageimage
    DD 8/11 | DS1 7/13 | DS2 7/13
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How terrifying! I hope he's OK. Maybe they can send him home on an apnea monitor? That gave me some peace of mind. I'm amazed at all those silly questions you are getting. People just tend to get stupid about babies and twins.
  • Options
    Oh my that is so scary! Thank God you woke up! I hope your little guy is OK and sorry about all the dumb@$$es at the hospital! Big hugs!!
  • Options
    Wow - so glad that you woke up when you did!! Hopefully the nurses get their crap figured out, stop asking you dumb twin questions, and focus on getting your little man better!

Hugs to you all.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Oh my goodness, how scary! I'm glad you are receiving care and hope the staff comes to their senses. People just really don't think sometimes. Hugs for you, Mama, and prayers for your little guy!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Terrifying! Glad you mama instinct kicked in and hope there are no more episodes. Take care!

IVF #1 Sep '11 - canceled poor response

IVF #2 Nov '11  8R/8M/4F 3dt x2 - chemical

IVF #3 April '12  11R/6M/4F 3dt x2 - m/c

FET #1 Aug 2012  3dt x2 - BFN

**new RE**

IVF #4 Jan '13 BFN 11R/6M/6F 5dt x2 - BFN

IVF #5 July '13 16R/10M/10F 5dt x2 + 1 frostie

9dp5dt Beta 1 = 344!! 16dp5dt. Beta 2 = 4822 7wk u/s= 2 heartbeats!

Twin girls! 3/6/14

• Options
    Hope he's ok! I would get really frustrated if people kept asking me the same dumb questions.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm so so sorry to hear about your little boy. Mommy instinct is a powerful thing. I hope they are able to figure out what's causing it and make sure he's stable before going home again. So sorry to hear the nurses and NICU staff seem to be complete idiots about the twins. hang in there, mama. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"