November 2013 Moms

Who is back at work?

My maternity leave is sadly coming to an end.   I still have about 3 weeks left, but I know they will FLY by.  So, I'm curious about the ladies who are already back at work. 

1.  How long was your leave? 

2.  Where is little one while you are at work? 

3.  How did you do on your first day back?

4. How did LO do?

5.  If nursing/pumping how is that going?

Any other words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks ladies! 

Re: Who is back at work?

• 1. How long was your leave?

I had 6 weeks but used 1 1/2 before he was born so I only had 4 1/2 weeks off after he was born.

2. Where is little one while you are at work?

For now my mom watches him at our house. In April my mom will go back to work and we'll be sending him to an in home daycare.

3. How did you do on your first day back?

I was a wreck. I called the house 15 times in 8 hours to check on him.

4. How did LO do?

He did better than I did. He was screaming when I left but mom assures me that he was fine within minutes. He seems very content with grandma now - even smiling at her.

5. If nursing/pumping how is that going?

We FF so no help there.

The hardest thing for us is trying to find a nighttime routine. I have a 12 and 9 year old too. Getting 3 kids to bed, dealing with sleepless nights and still functioning at work is hard. DH and I split nights but it's still hard to have energy to do my work is hard. I wish we could afford for one of us to stay home.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DreamDisneyDreamDisney member
    edited December 2013
    Not back to work exactly yet but...

Callie was born Nov 14th. So Thursday will be 7 weeks I've been on leave. I told work I'd be "back" the first, but it will be catch up for me so I'll still be home Thursday & Friday. Monday will be my first day away from her. :'(

A close family friend has her 2-3 days a week. Then my husband will have her the other 2-3 days. (Jealousy is in full effect)

I will not do well my first day back. Don't need it to be here to know. Already cried twice at home.

Fortunately Callie will do better than me. She does awesome at anything.

I'm breastfeeding and only introduced the bottle because I had too. She eats every 3 hours during the day. I have over 100 oz's pumped and frozen. I started to wake up at 5 to feed her so she's on a schedule. I make my own schedule for work so sometimes I have to leave between the 5-8 o'clock feeding, sometimes not until after the 8 feeding. Both of which I'll breastfeed. So I'll pump the same time she'd eat. Sometimes 8. Always 11 & 2 and I'll be to her to breast feed by 5 and bf the 8 & 11 times. Then bed.

Here's to hoping it gets easier to leave her. It's not looking that way!
    Pregnancy discovered at 12 weeks 12/2007 - D&C at 13 Weeks due to partial Ectopic pregnancy/Body rejecting pregnancy. Last Pregnancy - EDD August 2013 TTC Our first miracle baby.
  • Loading the player...
  • Uh, you are kicking my ass organizationally. I go back 1/27 and LO is starting daycare for half days the week of the 20th. We will get our schedule figured out then.

He wakes up around 5:30 so I think that will be our AM feed and then he'll be at daycare by 7:15 and I at work at 7:30. I'll pump every 3 hours at work at first and adjust from there.

He could totally flip the script on me, but in theory that sounds good.

N '13 January Siggy Challenge
    ~*~ Winter Weather Fails ~*~
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1.  How long was your leave? I was put out on bedrest on 9/13 and am still out due to LO's severe reflux and choking spells.  I was supposed to go back 12/16, but they can't clear LO for daycare so I had to take a formal leave of absence from work... I may end up having to quit altogether depending on how these new meds work out for LO.  He may need to stay home until he outgrows the reflux if we can't get it under control. 

2.  Where is little one while you are at work? LO is supposed to go to daycare with DD.  DD has been there since she was 7 weeks old. 

3.  How did you do on your first day back?  With DD, I cried the first day but then I was absolutely fine.  I adore her daycare now and all of the teachers she has had so far have been wonderful! 

4. How did LO do?  DD did great when we sent her, and I'm sure this LO would be great too if we could get the choking under control.

5.  If nursing/pumping how is that going? I FF both kids, so can't help with this one.

I would suggest having at least a day or two where LO goes to daycare and you are at home so that if you need to go check on LO or pick them up early you can.  Do something nice for yourself while LO is at daycare to keep your mind off it and don't be afraid to call a bunch and check on LO if you need to. 

• I don't go back until March 26th. My mom will watch LO until I give my two weeks notice. Hopefully I will only work for a month, than be able to finish my degree at home with my baby.
  • 1. How long was your leave?

I took 6 weeks off so I have been back at work since 12/2. I went from working Mon-Friday to Mon/Wed/Fri.

2. Where is little one while you are at work?

My mom watches him 2 days a week and my MIL watches him one day a week, at my house.

3. How did you do on your first day back?

I actually did pretty well, my mom took lots of pictures and sent me lots of text updates throughout the day, which helped a lot! The hardest part for me is how exhausted I am at work!

4. How rid LO do?

He did absolutely fine!

5. If nursing/pumping, how's that going?

I am able to pump 3 times at work which is really nice! I'm a preschool teacher and I'm able to go into a quiet room and pump and look at pictures and videos of my DS while I do it, which is a great break!

If you are going to pump, I would suggest looking at pictures if your LO and/or watching videos if you have them in your phone, I feel like this helps me take my mind off of how much I am producing. Plus it helps me not miss my son as much! Good luck!!

• 1. My leave is 6 weeks. She was born on 11/28 and I'm going back on 01/13.

2. We found someone who worked at a daycare at the local hospital but decided not to return after she had her second baby. She really seems gteat but it is still scary. MIL will do two days a week even though she has to drive two hours to get here (she is staying over).

3. I'm sure it won't be pretty.

4. We will see.

5. FF here.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"